• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistik

I used to get a survey every few days the past few months, but December has been kind to me. I'm getting 2-3 a day for the most part.

December 1st was my record, I got five surveys throughout the day.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm getting more here in Vegas than I do back in Tampa.

I've racked up like $30, but I have nothing to spend it on. I don't really enjoy mobile gaming at all, which is just as well because my phone's from 2012 anyway.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The things I add are those that I know they exist.

For example: Telekom appears often in the options of stores that I visited, and I check it everytime, even though I haven't been to a Telekom Store at least for a year now.

I may have not known that the App tries to trap people, but I've been avoiding those subconsciously, so I'm good! Thanks for letting me know! :)

It's not just that. Those "where have you been" surveys are also based on your GPS history. So if you have not been near one of those stores, you are also sabotaging the results. To each his own though.

I've racked up like $30, but I have nothing to spend it on. I don't really enjoy mobile gaming at all, which is just as well because my phone's from 2012 anyway.

What about movies or books ; I personally spend my reward money on books though since you only mentioned a phone I can see that not being a viable option unless you have a tablet.

danowat

Banned
I used to get a survey every few days the past few months, but December has been kind to me. I'm getting 2-3 a day for the most part.

December 1st was my record, I got five surveys throughout the day.

Pfffttt, I still only get one every 6-7 days :-/

teiresias

The app used to throw one or two at me every other day. However, now, for some reason it throws like six at me once a week and they're all queued up. In aggregate it's about the same.

I find the easiest way to force polls is to just go near retail. I'm always asked the usual "Have you shopped here?" kind of polls within a day or even hours of going somewhere (sometimes it's right, sometimes it's not). Since I've been Christmas shopping that's probably why I have quite a few more recently.

yesterday got a survey asking 10 questions based shopping.

worth $.80

but other than that it's been .10-30 on survey on where i visited last and rate my experience. even the none gets me $.10. not complaining.

What about movies or books ; I personally spend my reward money on books though since you only mentioned a phone I can see that not being a viable option unless you have a tablet.

I love using my reward money on books! I transfer them to my Kindle though, so yeah if you don't have either a tablet or ereader I can see it not being as desirable. But, movies are a great option as this poster mentioned! You can watch your rentals/purchases through your YouTube account. So you could watch it on your smart tv for example.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Not a bad suggestion. I have an old Kindle I use for reading, though. But with all this money flowing in on here, maybe I'll make an exception and read something on this phone.

3phemeral

Finally broke the $100 barrier.

Cdkbzep.png

3phemeral

Incredible I'm only getting 1 survey every 4 days or so. Any other tips besides having location turned on?

Hm..,not sure. I always make sure to answer location-based questions as accurately as possible (correct date if possible). Also, if you freelance or own a small business, you get a lot of questions that way. I've been getting a lot of questions recently but it's been pretty sporadic. I also started at 11/6/2013, so it's been collecting for a while.

I've noticed recently that the repeat questions no longer count. I used to get the same "Have you been to [place]?" 3 times in a row sometimes that would pay for each but that seems to have been a glitch considering now when I get them, they no longer add to the the total. That sucks because you can't look at a list of surveys that need to be answered and skip over the ones that are repeats, so if there are any new remaining surveys, you'll have to answer the dupes first before getting to it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've been getting mad Target location surveys lately. Yes Google I like to shop at Target.

Thanks for the free cash!

this_guy

I've been getting mad Target location surveys lately. Yes Google I like to shop at Target.

For me it's Kroger's and I go there several times a week. There's also a LaQuinta Inn in the same shopping area as the gym I go to that gives me multiple surveys

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

With location services on, it's always asking me to rate places I'm near or go to like Walgreen's, Walmart, and Publix.

I've accumulated about 52USD in a year and have over 20 in credit so I can't complain.

Brandwin

I always do the surveys, I just wish there were better games in the Google Playstore. one of the few things I miss from coming from iPhone to Note 4 over a year ago.

Ganhyun

It usually asks me if I have been someplace a few days after a went there, and then to rate it...

But the past few times it's like 'Have you been to these four places you've never seen in your life and live nowhere near in the past few days?"

...It's kinda creepy.

they are just making sure you are actually answering honestly with those.

3phemeral

Incredible I'm only getting 1 survey every 4 days or so. Any other tips besides having location turned on?

I also forgot to add: I have Google Opinion Rewards installed on 3 different devices and strangely enough, I'll get surveys on one and not on another. And it'll be different surveys. Like today, for instance, I got a survey about where I've been on my tablet, but not on my phone. And sometime it'll be the other way around even though they're connected to the same Google account.

Orbis

I've been using this for a few months thanks to this topic. I now have £6.35, and I've probably spent about £3. It's quite nice to find an useful app on the store and know that you can dig into the credit from this.

Just install it and forget about it.

subwilde

I got one a survey right after I signed up on 12/18...not a single one since. I guess it's cool that the one I took was a $1 survey.

I downloaded the app a few days ago and they seem to be sending me a survey every day. Usually its the same "did you visit this store" survey. So far I'm $2.15 richer for it. Not sure what I would get at the app store anyways but I'll just keep at it with the surveys.

Majestad

Banned
Do you need to have locations turned on or something? I haven't received a survey in like 3 months now, but before that I was getting one almost daily.

studyguy

The app basically only wants to know where I have shopped and how many stars I rate it. Nothing else. If Google ever becomes skynet, it'll know exactly when to wait at Target to murder me. I'm up to about $10 now and I've gotten no interesting questions beyond WHERE WERE YOU ON TUESDAY the 12th OF JANUARY?! type questions.

cirrhosis

i feel like i've been missing out on all the weird questions

all i get is if i shopped in any of the chain stores in my vicinity when i go walking or cycling

the answer is always no but at least i get 10 cents i can use in the store when i decide to cash in

torontoml

all i get is if i shopped in any of the chain stores in my vicinity when i go walking or cycling

the answer is always no but at least i get 10 cents i can use in the store when i decide to cash in
Isn't it better just to lie and say yes and answer the other 2 questions? I usually get about 40 cents out of those surveys doing that.

I usually use it on digital books. Works with anything in the play store.

They haven't asked me anything since Dec. 2 :( my opinion on things isn't valuable :(

I've earned $72.74 since November of 2103. It's great, I've never spent my own money on an app.
That's fucking terrible considering inflation in 2103. Is be surprised if you could even afford a hat for your global internet avatar with that pittance.

Same here. Dunno what I can do to get asked about truffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom