• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

I've had one every day for about a month now. usually bring in about $10 every two weeks. Works for me since it covers most of my monthly book purchases.

W-00

Made a bit over $8 since I installed it in October. Hardly got any in Dec., but I've been getting one every few days since New Years.

Isn't it better just to lie and say yes and answer the other 2 questions? I usually get about 40 cents out of those surveys doing that.

You'd have to be careful about doing that. Some of the questions are traps - about things that don't exist - and if you say yes to them you won't get any more surveys.

Harusame

Living in Canada, I only get around an average of about 4 surveys per month. Looking through my survey history, I have only made over $20 CDN since I've installed the app in April 2014...

I just discovered something interesting: via the Udemy app, you can sign up for classes and it allows you to use your Google wallet balance to pay. I only had a few bucks left, but I put it towards a class and it worked just fine. Here's a recent thread with lots of discussion about various game programming and art related courses from them, but they offer courses on seemingly everything. So if you have a credit nest egg burning a hole in your pocket, maybe learn some cool shit!

e: they're having a $15 sale right now, but I guess it's pretty common that they have them.

3phemeral

I just discovered something interesting: via the Udemy app, you can sign up for classes and it allows you to use your Google wallet balance to pay. I only had a few bucks left, but I put it towards a class and it worked just fine. Here's a recent thread with lots of discussion about various game programming and art related courses from them, but they offer courses on seemingly everything. So if you have a credit nest egg burning a hole in your pocket, maybe learn some cool shit!

e: they're having a $15 sale right now, but I guess it's pretty common that they have them.
Oh what. That's great! Google Opinion Rewards paying for your education. 😎

I wasn't getting any surveys until I turned my GPS on. I've left it on since then and have made about 4.50 this year. Nothing crazy, but I should be able to buy a TV season or two before long.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wasn't getting any surveys until I turned my GPS on. I've left it on since then and have made about 4.50 this year. Nothing crazy, but I should be able to buy a TV season or two before long.

Location based surveys are like 90% of what I get these days.

M52B28

Banned
Location based surveys are like 90% of what I get these days.
I just did two back to back surveys.

If you want that free money, leave GPS on.

I have made about $3.50 in the past week and about $9 since the beginning of December. I've been shopping so much music.

Sky Chief

I was getting 1-2 surveys every day but haven't had one in a month now (last was Dec 20). I had to check that the app was still installed. What gives?

psylah

There was a big cold spot during the holidays up until about now, yeah, but it's starting to pick back up for me.

If you were never getting a lot of surveys, though, make sure you turn on location tracking on your phone and have it on when you go out.

I get most of my questions about places I've gone shopping recently and how my experience was, and I take it that info comes from google's filthy GPS spying.

Lagamorph

I tend to lie. The most common survey I get is "Have you visited any of these stores recently?". I just say I've visited all of them.

Had a jump in surveys for the UK as well, had two a day for nearly a week now. Sometimes I have to manually prompt the phone to give me one though. I've found that often I wont get automatically alerted to a survey, but if I open the rewards app then it'll say "No survey" for a few seconds, then all of a sudden will have one for me.

I tend to lie. The most common survey I get is "Have you visited any of these stores recently?". I just say I've visited all of them.

Had a jump in surveys for the UK as well, had two a day for nearly a week now. Sometimes I have to manually prompt the phone to give me one though. I've found that often I wont get automatically alerted to a survey, but if I open the rewards app then it'll say "No survey" for a few seconds, then all of a sudden will have one for me.

You need to be careful with that strategy. Some businesses are made up, and they'll stop giving you surveys if they catch you picking them (too often, I guess)

213372bu

Banned
Do people lie or actually answer truthfully? Because I've found that lying is getting me more surveys worth more money.

Back when I was doing surveys for MMO-fake-bucks I was a 40 year old widow smoker that dropped out of college looking for insurance and was interested in adopting pets and a few kids.

lh4p2xY.png

11 cents

AndyD

aka andydumi
You need to be careful with that strategy. Some businesses are made up, and they'll stop giving you surveys if they catch you picking them (too often, I guess)

Indeed. Not only that but they could use your answers to improve gps accuracy algorithms, so you could be messing that up too. For me Kroger now pops up automatically and it no longer asks me if i was there or the ten other stores in the same shopping center.

georly

Been leaving my GPS on and answering all of them 100% truthfully and I'm getting a survey every other day now. Feels good to sell my soul.

Werd

I signed up on December 15th and have not gotten a single one survey since the initial $1.0 one it starts you with.

I'm assuming it's because I disabled all the history/location/etc. tracking on history.google.com, though you'd think one would still show up now and then.

Annubis

BTW, thank you for this thread.

There's a small 1.99$ USD game I wanted but was too lazy/cheap to put my own cash into it.
Didn't even take 2 months for me to accumulate that much with the app and that is being in Canada which apparently rewards less than the US.
I already have 3 more dollars that I need to find something to do with eventually.

kinn

Any way of spoofing your location or something or get more? I think there's an option under developers settings for fake GPS or something.

I signed up on December 15th and have not gotten a single one survey since the initial $1.0 one it starts you with.

I'm assuming it's because I disabled all the history/location/etc. tracking on history.google.com, though you'd think one would still show up now and then.
You need to turn on location tracking so that you can get surveys about shopping.

EulaCapra

I just got $1 for a "10 or fewer" questions about Ubisoft's The Division game where it made me watch an embedded commercial. New to me but holy shit a dollar!

bobawesome

If you're gonna sit around doing surveys you may as well just get an Mturk account and go all out. Not sure if I'd be pumped doing only a survey or two each day.

oti

Banned
I just got $1 for a "10 or fewer" questions about Ubisoft's The Division game where it made me watch an embedded commercial. New to me but holy shit a dollar!

99,9999% are GPS based surveys for me.

Did you visit shop XY?
When did you visit?
How did you like it?

Maybe it's because I'm in Germany but for six months I haven't gotten any other question. Although once it asked me whether I was male or female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom