• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If nothing else I am now fully updated on all my apps. I was surprised how many there were to update. Shows how infrequently I go into the Play Store I suppose.

Should auto update or at least prompt you. Makes me wonder if something is off with your global notifications.

magawolaz

I take it this works best if you are in the US... Got three surveys since I signed up (September), one of which was a duplicate.

Should auto update or at least prompt you. Makes me wonder if something is off with your global notifications.

Hm, now that you mention it I remember that it does normally do that. Perhaps I pre-empted an auto update by manually updating and it would have done so a few hours later or something. I have not changed any settings recently that would stop it from auto updating so unless the operating system update of a few days ago changed things I should be okay. I'll keep an eye on it but thanks for the reminder about auto updates.

M52B28

Banned
I've purchased so much music.. It's such a good app to have.

I haven't been getting the multiple surveys a day.

Just leave the location services on. If you live in a big city, you'll get asked about stuff constantly.

undrtakr900

Just got a dollar for a 15 second survey.

What is this witchcraft.
Haha, same here, I just installed and already made $1 dollar:

1454791880771.jpg

At this rate I'll be able to quit my job soon 😀

I bought Hitman GO and Tomb Raider GO with my earned money.
This guy knows whatsup!👍
I got 100% achievements in Hitman GO and currently working on Lara croft GO.😎

Haha, same here, I just installed and already made $1 dollar:
1454791260692.jpg

At this rate I'll be able to quit my job soon 😀
I think you always get a 1 survey when you first start using the app.

I've been getting quite a bit of surveys lately, it helps that I use 2 different profiles for it (one on my phone that thinks I'm a woman, and one on my tablet with my main account).

I get more on my phone probably because of the location services, but I've been getting them fairly regularly on my tablet which just sits at home.

undrtakr900

I think you always get a 1 survey when you first start using the app.

I've been getting quite a bit of surveys lately, it helps that I use 2 different profiles for it (one on my phone that thinks I'm a woman, and one on my tablet with my main account).

I get more on my phone probably because of the location services, but I've been getting them fairly regularly on my tablet which just sits at home.
Ah yeah, I should do 2 profilea also to increase my chances.

So you say if I turn my "location" ON, I'll get more surveys? Didn't know that, kool.

Durden77

Huh, sweet. Probably highly invasive and I should be scared, but money.

Just downloaded it and the first survey gave my a dollar. Hopefully I can get enough to get Downwell for free.

I've made nearly 10 bucks since Jan 1st.

I was excited to buy a season, but I didn't realize the initial price of 15 was just the SD version. HD is quite the price jump. Oh well, gotta survey a little longer, I guess.

I've made like 15 dollars of this so far, what is there even to buy on Google play

You can buy TV shows and movies ontop of mobile games.

I'm probably going to buy Fargo season 2 or Man Seeking Woman season 2. Probably the later to show a little support for a struggling show.

oti

Banned
Today I got another GPS based survey (of course, are there even other surveys in Germany?) and it was utterly obvious that they tried to see how genuine I was. I have never entered the shops they listed and I'm sure I wasn't even close to them during the past week.

Vanillalite

Today I got another GPS based survey (of course, are there even other surveys in Germany?) and it was utterly obvious that they tried to see how genuine I was. I have never entered the shops they listed and I'm sure I wasn't even close to them during the past week.

I've had that happen to me recently as well.

What's a good game? Already have monument valley, super hexagon, threes, and that game developers story game.

Lara Croft go? I want to spend my $10 on something.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What's a good game? Already have monument valley, super hexagon, threes, and that game developers story game.

Lara Croft Go and Hitman Go are both great. I also recommend Rayman Jungle Run (runner, but not endless, there are designed levels) and Steven Universe: Attack the Light (RPG, combat like Paper Mario).

Vanillalite

Lara Croft Go and Hitman Go are both great. I also recommend Rayman Jungle Run (runner, but not endless, there are designed levels) and Steven Universe: Attack the Light (RPG, combat like Paper Mario).

Ditto get one of the Go games. They are both great!

When did you start?

I like Hearthstone.

Like a year or so ago.

Vanillalite

To the couple of people that have PM'd me about how to get Google to give more surveys I can only echo what others have said in this thread.

All about going out around where you live and getting location based surveys.

To the couple of people that have PM'd me about how to get Google to give more surveys I can only echo what others have said in this thread.

All about going out around where you live and getting location based surveys.
Definitely agree with this. Most of my surveys are "how was your experience shopping at X store?". I've earned about 13 bucks over 2 months, so I'm pretty happy with the free stuff it has/will give me.

stanis

Banned
my current balance is $62.86. I literally don't know what to get.

is there a game like crackdown on the google play store?

or just any useful productivity app

I just got 4 surveys this morning when I got up, it was crazy!

At least 2 of them were location based ones. They seemed like they were almost test questions ("which of these stores have you been to in the last 3 days?") just to see if I was lying or something.

Vanillalite

I just got 4 surveys this morning when I got up, it was crazy!

At least 2 of them were location based ones. They seemed like they were almost test questions ("which of these stores have you been to in the last 3 days?") just to see if I was lying or something.

I tend to get surveys when I wake up as well. Makes me wonder if some shit pings on Google's end in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom