• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Happy Blue Friday Shopkickers. Get them kicks.

Do you all think your job factors into how many surveys you get?

I put myself as Student but I don't think that would be the best idea for surveys..

I havent been getting any surveys lately ;(. Is there a way to prompt them more often?

Turning on location settings seems to activate more surveys for me. I killed location reporting a while back and my surveys basically stopped coming in.

Location location location.

Turn on your GPS in settings.

Chris R

I'm getting 10 cents a day because I work close to a store that obviously wants me to review them. Every single day "Which of these stores have you shopped at" with their store being the only constant, every day "None of the above", thanks for the $0.10.

this_guy

Like clockwork when I go to Walmart or Target.

For me it's Krogers, CVS, and La Quinta Inn (its actually in the same shopping center as LA Fitness, so every time I hit the gym I receive a survey).

I'm getting 10 cents a day because I work close to a store that obviously wants me to review them. Every single day "Which of these stores have you shopped at" with their store being the only constant, every day "None of the above", thanks for the $0.10.

If you change your answer you can receive $0.20-0.40 on average. Not that I condone lying
but I kinda am

Machine

Since I turned location services back on recently, I've been getting the same "Have you visited any of these businesses recently?" survey almost every day. It's always 4 incredibly obscure businesses and then Kroger or CVS. It's kind of laughable.

3phemeral

i've yet to get a single location based one, tho a friend who doesn't ever remember to open the app got 3 of them just 2 days ago
There could be other factors, too, like whatever demographic options you indicated when initially signing into the app. I think I got asked this question again a year or so later. A lot of traditional surveys (and on ones like Amazon MTurk) will also filter out people based off of where they place in whatever demographic section of whatever group they're testing for -- only MTurks is like slave work considering:

1) It takes a long time to build up a good reputation to get to the "better" surveys
2) You literally spend hours of time on surveys that may be only worth anywhere from 50 cents to 2 dollars
3) You sometimes have very anal reviewers who can screw over your rep because you answered one question out of a hundred incorrectly.

Google Opinion Rewards is a stress-free, relatively passive alternative to making small change that accumulates (trickles in) over time.

It also depends on where you go. Any major chain I'll usually get one for, like Meijer, Target, Best Buy, Biggby, Starbucks. After a while, though, they start to disappear (for whatever reason). Whether it's testing your trustworthiness, testing their location accuracy, or whatever other purpose it's for, which is why I'm thinking it may have been better for early adopters. I don't get Meijer ones as often (or anymore, I don't think).

You also get a ton of surveys if you own a small business.

Do you get a warning when your credits are close to expiring?
I've never gotten a warning but it's been long enough where I'll think, "Shoot, maybe this will expire soon." So I'll spend a small chunk of it to be on the safe side. I think for other promotions, like when they had the ~$20 free Google Play credit for buying a Nexus 7, I've gotten an email reminding me of its upcoming expiration.

Vanillalite

Got a long form location questionnaire this morning. Asked me where I had been lately, and then followed up with a bunch of questions.

Normally it's just which of these places did you visit recently, when was that, and did it suck or not.

screenshot_2016-02-292yso3.png

PS: Blue Friday kicks from shopkick put me like 100 away from another $10 gift card.

Vlad

What's the weirdest "out of the blue" poll anybody's gotten (assuming that we're not all getting the same ones)?

In the last few weeks, I've gotten:

-Are you currently taking trumpet lessons?
-Have you recently run an ultramarathon?
-Do you own an electric car?

I havent had a survey in forever. Used to get them often enough to pick up games for free or apps but yeah not a single one since xmas i swear.

My car broke down on the way to vegas and had to stay at the only place in Baker, and it was like, HEY, HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE WILLS FARGO MOTEL!?!?! And i was like, yeah google....yeah I did....

Heysoos

I love this. I get tons of surveys. Every time I go to work, I get a survey the next day because of all the stores nearby. Every time I go to the gym it's the same thing. :)

taybul

I know I can't be in the minority of this but does everyone pretty much flat out lie in order to maximize the credit earned? I almost feel guilty having to lie just to net an additional $0.20.

I have earned a whole $1.07 since the 10th. Most of that has come recently, so it seems to be picking up.

There was a weird 10 day gap between signing up and getting my first survey before I sent feedback about it through the app.

3phemeral

I know I can't be in the minority of this but does everyone pretty much flat out lie in order to maximize the credit earned? I almost feel guilty having to lie just to net an additional $0.20.
Lots of us don't. But feel free to "game the system" because they'll eventually catch on and those extra cents will amount to zero surveys.

Shady859

NEVER EVER NEVER LIE Google knows everything.............Especially if location services is on to get you more surveys. :)

My first month is up and i'm happy say I currently sitting at $8.97. Started 2/1/16 my best surveys were $1 and $.70 but all those in between ones add up as you just going about your routine.

Was browsing similar apps and remembered I joined Gigwalk last year but they never had anything really close to me. Checked it again and found a $6 stock check thing at Costco so I applied since I was going there anyway. Super easy job was just take a picture of the storefront as you entered with your location on in the app. Then take a picture of the Dole fruit cups display and you submit that plus check yes or no to any damaged packages and if any similar cups were for sale. A couple days later the money was in my Paypal. They have "jobs" from $3 up to $20 i've seen but most things are not worth the effort or to far away. It all depends on your city as to what's available. No referral just a tip. ;)

alatif113

NEVER EVER NEVER LIE Google knows everything.............Especially if location services is on to get you more surveys. :)

My first month is up and i'm happy say I currently sitting at $8.97. Started 2/1/16 my best surveys were $1 and $.70 but all those in between ones add up as you just going about your routine.

Was browsing similar apps and remembered I joined Gigwalk last year but they never had anything really close to me. Checked it again and found a $6 stock check thing at Costco so I applied since I was going there anyway. Super easy job was just take a picture of the storefront as you entered with your location on in the app. Then take a picture of the Dole fruit cups display and you submit that plus check yes or no to any damaged packages and if any similar cups were for sale. A couple days later the money was in my Paypal. They have "jobs" from $3 up to $20 i've seen but most things are not worth the effort or to far away. It all depends on your city as to what's available. No referral just a tip. ;)

This. I once forgot where I was and took a guess, which I guess happened to be wrong. I got 0 credit for that survey and didnt see another in about a week. If you can't remember, just hit the none of the above option.

jay23

I've gotten all of those.

I think the most random you didn't mention was do I speak Spanish.

I've gotten some questions in Spanish before because I said yes. Think I average 2 surveys per week I don't like turning on location because it drains my battery too much.

Vanillalite

I've gotten some questions in Spanish before because I said yes. Think I average 2 surveys per week I don't like turning on location because it drains my battery too much.

Interesting. I said no cause I can't speak jack shit for Spanish being a regular white dude despite having a ton of Latin American friends who speak spanish around me all the time. Lol

Vanillalite

Just got a survey reasking what my job is. I guess trying to reaffirm to make sure everything is on the up and up.

jmizzal

My money were going to expire by the end of the year, so I canceled netflix movies by mail for a month and just rented a bunch of movies with my $30 that was left lol

I made over $90 total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom