• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since installing late last year, I've accrued almost 50 bucks. Got a bit over 30 bucks remaining and since I don't play any F2P games, I have no idea what to spend this money on.

I do get a lot of Walmart, Target, and Kroger surveys. Almost always the next day after visiting one. Once I got a survey from a mattress store that gave me 1.25. I was in the T-Mobile store next door but hey, I accepted it all the same.

jesu

I complained earlier that I never got any surveys but that changed in the past couple of weeks.
I've got about 3 pound now!
I'm saving up for a decent game.

I just did an 8 question survey asking me about my gaming habits and at the end I got no money and a line saying "not all surveys will offer a reward" or something like that. Other surveys seem to give me between 10 and 20 cents each. Fuck this app. Seems like they give more money to Americans.

I have like 14 dollars and idk what to use it on yet
Hearthstone?

Since installing late last year, I've accrued almost 50 bucks. Got a bit over 30 bucks remaining and since I don't play any F2P games, I have no idea what to spend this money on.

I do get a lot of Walmart, Target, and Kroger surveys. Almost always the next day after visiting one. Once I got a survey from a mattress store that gave me 1.25. I was in the T-Mobile store next door but hey, I accepted it all the same.
What did you spend the other $20 on?

It's been 20 days since free money... I have a grand total under $2 in more than a month, yet my gf got enough last month to pay for her Play music sub. Lol.

El Topo

So...is the app useless (on tablets) in Germany or is it just bad luck I haven't gotten any surveys since early January? It's not like I've gotten a lot of surveys to begin with.

MsVirion

Banned
I wonder how this app figures out who gets what surveys. I've made around 12 dollars in the last 2 months while my roommate has only made 3 in half that.

3phemeral

Finally got the chance to try Shopkick out and it's the very reason why Google Opinion rewards is so much better.

Went out shopping for a few things last night and actually went out of my way to go to a Walmart and Meijer (because I was shopping around for deals), so you know this isn't a typical daily routine. Got a notification when I went to Walmart to scan items so I was like, sure, I'll do it. I literally scanned 12 items. So if any of you are curious, here's the general rundown for Shopkick:

1) Walked into the store: received kicks
2) Walked to aisle of first product
3) Search through the shelves for that specific product Brand
4) Scan product
5) Answer a 5-10 question survey about product
6) Repeat x 12​

You can imagine how time consuming this is, especially if you're not familiar with the store layout.

After about 20 minutes of time and a visit to Meijer, I checked my total:

285 Kicks

Seems like a good amount. So I went to check what it translated to and the default option was a Starbucks gift card that needs 1250 points to redeem. Click on the card to see what 1250 points is worth:

$5.00

Doesn't seem worth the trouble. I much prefer the Google Rewards model as you don't need to check for any conversion rates to see what you get. I don't need to move anywhere, scan anything; it's entirely an unobtrusive, passive way of making small change that builds up over time.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Finally got the chance to try Shopkick out and it's the very reason why Google Opinion rewards is so much better.
Doesn't seem worth the trouble. I much prefer the Google Rewards model as you don't need to check for any conversion rates to see what you get. I don't need to move anywhere, scan anything; it's entirely an unobtrusive, passive way of making small change that builds up over time.

I feel like the Google Rewards app surveys combined with the Maps Contributor questions I get after visiting places gets a pretty solid amount of info from my comings and goings and they reward fairly for doing nothing out of the ordinary. Shopkick sounds like a chore.

Ganhyun

I've noticed that when I get GPS based (did you visit these places?) questions the actual place I went is not listed every time. Like, I'll stop at a gas station and it will list everything else around it but not the station.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I've noticed that when I get GPS based (did you visit these places?) questions the actual place I went is not listed every time. Like, I'll stop at a gas station and it will list everything else around it but not the station.

I think someone mentioned that not all stores participate, so it might show the stores around that do, in case you went to those.

jay23

Anyone else not getting surveys anymore? I used to get at least 2-3 a week but it seems to have slowed down.

Tripolygon

Banned
Anyone else not getting surveys anymore? I used to get at least 2-3 a week but it seems to have slowed down.
Not me, I get surveys everyday. As soon as I wake up and check my phone a survey pops up and on my drive to school, I get another. Overall I get like 2 to 3 surveys on average everyday.

I usually get at least one or two surveys a day, more if I'm traveling to a different town to do my business.

I currently have a little over $30 with a couple of purchases made, but I'm saving it all for Romancing SaGa 2, which I expect will be 15 to $20.

Zackat

I haven't got a survey in weeks, and I am on the road/going places a lot. I should have lied on some of them or something....

Machine

Usually I just get a survey whenever I visit Kroger or CVS but for some reason, I was hit with 7-8 surveys in the last 24 hrs. I wonder why.

I got like half a dozen surveys today, and some of them were in the $0.50+ category. Niiiice.

I bought Purple Rain a couple weeks ago using the fundage from this. This is a great app.

Kwhit10

I got like half a dozen surveys today, and some of them were in the $0.50+ category. Niiiice.

I bought Purple Rain a couple weeks ago using the fundage from this. This is a great app.

Same here, stuff about random magazines and TV shows. Never had so many in one day.

Drain You

Gf and I both got new phones last week and downloaded it and it's as great as everyone says. Made around $4 in a week. This morning my Gf woke up and the app wouldn't stop giving her surveys. Racked up around $5 In 5 minutes, was kinda jealous actually haha.

Edit: seems she's not the only one

ohlawd

I like how everyone here gets half a dozen in one go, and I get the shaft with just two.

at this rate my credit will expire before I make enough to buy DQV. random apps, here I come

M52B28

Banned
I got like 7 surveys in the past two days. I usually only get several per month. What's going on?
One day recently I had quite a few.

The funny thing is that it picks up where I work and asks me about satisfaction. I feel bad about it, but hey, free money + my job is pretty cool.

$39.27 since joining October 30th of last year.

Jonbo298

Timing of this influx of surveys was great. Had a promo come up for 3 months of YouTube Red for 99 cents. Paid with play store credit. Now to enjoy this 3 months ad free (I generally watch YT videos on a tablet).

I love this app. When I was working on my house I kept getting surveys about Lowes because I was going there every other day. I also tend to get a lot of Walgreens surveys.

kamakazi5

My wife gets 3x my surveys, and she never leaves the house while I do daily for work.

It must have something to do with the sites she visits. My wife works from home and rarely goes out but she also earns a lot more than I do. I don't use any social media so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I got like 7 surveys in the past two days. I usually only get several per month. What's going on?
Mine was dead for a WEEK. Then I got 4 today. So glad. :-D

It must have something to do with the sites she visits. My wife works from home and rarely goes out but she also earns a lot more than I do. I don't use any social media so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Ohhh, that makes sense. My wife is all over Facebook and a website about babies. I just go to GAF and nerd it up.

VariantX

Google Opinion Rewards must be on fire lately, because i seem to get a new survey every few hours now for the past few days.

I just checked my history, and I've completed 17 surveys since yesterday. What the heck. $6 for free though, so I'm not complaining!

This app is great. I've made over $31 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom