• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Stadia OT

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I like Stadia and technology works great. I had a few months trial of pro.
However, I rather play on steam for most of the games they have.
Yeah, I think positioning Stadia as a way to play traditional AAA games (and buy them at full price) was incredibly stupid, but the technology has a lot of potential.

Imagine and an integration with YouTube where you can spectate multiplayer games, and then just join with a click, without any need to download or even load up anything. They could have done that. Instead they were like "Hey, you want to pay the same price to not even own a game and use it on a service that is obviously going away soon?"

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Imagine and an integration with YouTube where you can spectate multiplayer games, and then just join with a click, without any need to download or even load up anything.
They promised it but they underestimated the task but step by step they're getting closer...

Lately, their viral click to play demos have increased the user base (registered players board in each game have increased) because publishers are now using the Stadia version c2p demos to promote all the multiplatform versions on twitter,for instance.

They're late, that's true but it's getting closer (you just need gmail and chrome).
One day, they'll find a way to include even more precise link to allow players to jump in the youtube live sessions. (That's the reason google is right now mostly hiring engineers to allow such features and create click to port games tools from Windows to linux...)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
They promised it but they underestimated the task but step by step they're getting closer...

Lately, their viral click to play demos have increased the user base (registered players board in each game have increased) because publishers are now using the Stadia version c2p demos to promote all the multiplatform versions on twitter,for instance.

They're late, that's true but it's getting closer (you just need gmail and chrome).
One day, they'll find a way to include even more precise link to allow players to jump in the youtube live sessions. (That's the reason google is right now mostly hiring engineers to allow such features and create click to port games tools from Windows to linux...)
I think they need to develop original, multiplayer-focused games around the platform. Lean into the stuff this does well.

Fat Frog

I think they need to develop original, multiplayer-focused games around the platform. Lean into the stuff this does well.
Well yeah but achieve their crowd play on youtube with games like Fifa 23 would be a good start...

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Keep it up Voost Frog
I admit with him at my side it would be easier to crush the anti Stadia rebellion 😜.

Seriously, pawl...
With Voost history at GAF, do you really think the moderation would allow an alt account.

I'm pretty sure the moderators checked 10 times our localizations:

"Holy shit, no VPN. Different adress, there are really 2 stadia fanboys in the west. Our civilization is doomed 😭"

Fat Frog

I don't understand why they couldn't adopt the "Bring Your Own Games" model in the first place.
Nvidia is a very specific example, their core business is selling GPU... Hard for Google to find the same benefit with the same model.

Same for Sony VS microsoft.
Microsoft has a load of datacenters, not Sony. Maybe it's less interesting (additional costs) for Sony to push their cloud service.

Fat Frog

Speaking of which, Valve tried to ditch windows with the Steam machines back then, maybe a Valve/Google (both rely on linux with the Steamdeck and Stadia) to fight Microsoft could be possible.

Fat Frog

Keep it up Voost Frog
Stadia phase 2 : incomiiing.

2241946275_1.jpg

Sorry, i gave you hope my little console warriors...
1731601552.jpg

Cloud ain't going anywhere.
Stadia will reign over the galaxy of gaming 😎

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"a potential dramatic impact" could also be a bad thing

Fat Frog

Do you still have to pay for the service and then also pay for the games on Stadia?
No it was only for the pathetic launch.

There is a sub for 4K with 60 games (+ 5 games every month, they stay in your library unlike netflix)

Or you can buy a la carte games without sub (limited to 1080p unless you have nvidia shield pro TV which boost the resolution)

There are also f2p games playable without sub and there are free play days every months.(games are changing all the time)

You just need chrome/Gmail and no Stadia account to test 150 click to play demos:

https://stadia.google.com/store/det...772rcp1/sku/b485ca2ff43a4c658b32bd638546142cp

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Stadia adds a 1440p option, for Pro members

Pxu89xe.png

Top Bottom