• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Trends: Initial rush of Black Friday, Switch dominates, Xbox mild second, PS4 3rd. Stadia does less than PS4 Pro and Xbox X (Bomba?)

Panaphonics

Banned
Damn. Xbox is killing PS4. Next gen will be very interesting.

Xbox one sad was 78 euro's here
Inc 3 games.

It was 99. 78 only with Hacks. Also, this wasn’t in the US. Don’t bring in the sheep German market that will do anything to suck Sony’s cock.
These are the same people that think that Xiaomi and Huawei phones are better than iPhones, while at the same time cry about Kinect and DATENSCHUTZ!!!!! (privacy) lol

Using a Chinese android phone as a main phone and thinking it’s better than iPhone. 😂👍

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Damn. Xbox is killing PS4. Next gen will be very interesting.

It was 99. 78 only with Hacks. Also, this wasn’t in the US. Don’t bring in the sheep German market that will do anything to suck Sony’s cock.
These are the same people that think that Xiaomi and Huawei phones are better than iPhones, while at the same time cry about Kinect and DATENSCHUTZ!!!!! (privacy) lol

Using a Chinese android phone as a main phone and thinking it’s better than iPhone. 😂👍
no hacks just simple ass hoops.
same as xbox gamepass 36 months for 61 euro

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

I always do that. You can play their games for significantly reduced price and pay half what a launch console would cost. I can also judge more towards the end of the generation if the software is worthwhile. Not everyone likes to piss away money for things that will become worthless very quickly. For someone that is really only interested in offline play, it’s the ideal way to buy consoles.
you can just sell them when your done with them and get most of the money back while there's still demand for them, thats even better then waiting until then gen is over and buying stuff after they've lost their resell-ability.

Ryu Kaiba

I read elsewhere that the $200 deal on PS4 had been ongoing since the week before BF, and had been selling really strongly over that time. The possibility exists that PS4 bundles could be supply constrained by the day. I belive the quote was it had already outsold several previous months already in that week.

Honestly, I don't see any reason why Xbox should get much of a lift this holiday season, especially given that their exclusive software line-up is basically nonexistent this year. Its been atrocious, and the plain fact is that base/S sku's are as inferior to the baseline (PS4) as the One X is superior so rock-bottom price point aside I don't see the value prop.
Some people just aren't well informed. Either that or they are interested in games pass which is the best offering on that system.

Bodatan

Banned
I hanged out in biggest electronic store in my City for few hours(Finland). And also few smaller places.

Saw too many people with ps4 on their hands, didnt see anybody buying a switch.

Xbox digital thingy were 99€, ps4 pro 299€ with a game.

Switch "deals" were the same as usually, 10-30€ maybe. Also saw piles of switches untouched in every store.

Funny how big differences there are on popularity by country/continent
Switch is currently dominating in the US, Japan, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Spain, and South Korea,

8 biggest gaming markets out of 10.

China - nobody gives a shit about console there.
Italy - probably PlayStation

Kagey K

Banned
Switch is currently dominating in the US, Japan, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Spain, and South Korea,

8 biggest gaming markets out of 10.

China - nobody gives a shit about console there.
Italy - probably PlayStation
Where did you get Canadian numbers for?

I’m willing to subscribe for Canadian numbers.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
you can just sell them when your done with them and get most of the money back while there's still demand for them, thats even better then waiting until then gen is over and buying stuff after they've lost their resell-ability.

No you’re losing significant money doing that and I’m not worried about reselling something that cost 10 dollars. You don’t seem to understand that I’m essentially a generation behind so while you’re playing on ps5 I’ll still be playing through the ps4 exclusives. You also don’t get most of your money back reselling games. You’re generally losing at least half, unless you sell on eBay or something which you have to invest more time in. Also bear in mind I have zero interest in online play, which imo is the only reason to pay for current gen.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

No you’re losing significant money doing that and I’m not worried about reselling something that cost 10 dollars. You don’t seem to understand that I’m essentially a generation behind so while you’re playing on ps5 I’ll still be playing through the ps4 exclusives. You also don’t get most of your money back reselling games. You’re generally losing at least half, unless you sell on eBay or something which you have to invest more time in.
I do just sell on eBay, it doesn't take long. I just don't think that's necessary to save money but your method is fine if you're really fine with staying a generation behind.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
People buy into the other consoles at the end of a generation when things get cheaper, and there's a large library of stuff they didn't get access to. Then you have Game Pass, which is a whole other can of worms. It makes sense that MS would push a lot of units now.

Plus I'm glad Stadia is eating a shit sandwich. I've never felt that way about any actor in the gaming world, 2013 MS included, but Google just rubs me the wrong way at a deep level.
Yes I agree but imagine being an old school Nintendo and Sega Gamer and that upstart Sony enters, at first I was like *shakes fist*. “Just Fifa ans madden and mature games pfft it will never last. But it did. Later when I found out more about the PlayStation, that Nintendo created their own nemesis, due to their own stupid hubris and arrogance and greed. well I had to admire the audacity of Sony. Nintendo kinda deserved it. There I said it.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Yes it does actually, it’s a pain in the ass. Maybe you’re all about packaging and reselling games in an open market through the mail, but I’ve got things I’d rather be doing.
It's streamlined for me, I keep the boxes from stuff I get in the mail and I buy the posting from eBay so its ready to go once something sells. I just drop it off when in a usps box at work, but more power to you if you can wait a generation I would too if i could.

highrider

Banned
It's streamlined for me, I keep the boxes from stuff I get in the mail and I buy the posting from eBay so its ready to go once something sells. I just drop it off when in a usps box at work, but more power to you if you can wait a generation I would too if i could.

I’ve already been through my super enthusiastic gaming phase. It’s something I enjoy and will probably do much more when I retire, but owning all the consoles or a high spec pc build and getting all the latest stuff I can’t justify. That’s a huge expenditure whether it be through money, time and what I call opportunity cost. Think of what you could do with all the money you’ve spent on gaming.

Ryu Kaiba

I’ve already been through my super enthusiastic gaming phase. It’s something I enjoy and will probably do much more when I retire, but owning all the consoles or a high spec pc build and getting all the latest stuff I can’t justify. That’s a huge expenditure whether it be through money, time and what I call opportunity cost. Think of what you could do with all the money you’ve spent on gaming.
I totally agree. Gaming is an expensive hobby to have in money and in time, but I'm picky with games. There's usually about 3 a year that get me excited. I don't have a gaming PC or all the consoles, and I'm frugal in all other areas of life, so I don't mind spending a little on games since there something I get a lot of enjoyment from. On top of that I sell the stuff when i'm done with it, I know there's a lot of people worse than me with spending.

ANIMAL1975

anyone who is buying a PS4/XB1 at the ass end of 2019 shouldn't really be considered. like seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

the only reason i'd buy one is if mine died but even then i'd just buy a cheap used one to hold me over until next year.
You do realize that $199 or less is the mainstream price point right? The next consoles are going to launch at around $500. Sure thye may not get as much legs as other consoles in the past but the PS4/Xbox One will sell well at least until a few months after launch. However unlike other consoles I expect that even at a permanent reduced price the PS4/Xbox One won't sell too much from mid 2020 onward as they don't seem to have the pull the 360/PS3 did after the PS4/Xbox One launched. Unless they drop the base models to $99 which I don't see unless MS and Sony put out shitty fragile Super Slim models.
If you're really casual then it makes sense. Hardware is cheaper, every game is cheaper, you have a gigantic library to pick from.
199 (and lower!) , is the price point most parents can afford to buy a present this expensive for their kids. I remember my dad giving me the PsOne when it was already 99 euros i think (and could have been used or refurbished, for what i know, to be even cheaper 😅). That's the financial reality that many families, if not the majority, still live in the XXI century unfortunately...

demigod

I wonder how many clueless parents bought the Xbox SAD version just because it's the cheapest without knowing its digital only.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many clueless parents bought the Xbox SAD version just because it's the cheapest without knowing its digital only.
How sad for them.
It seems a good few of you are saying that your kids used your card for several months, and you have tried to erase the card number for the Xbox but it keeps charging. Well I don't feel sorry for you, an easy fix is call the card issuer close that card and issue a new one with a new number. I get it kids can be sneaky but seriously who is the kid? My 3 year old grandson woke up before my son and charged over $100 dollars about week after my son removed all the cards because he was afraid it would happen. But my daughter in law didn't realize it and added her card back in.

tO EVERYONE ON THIS BLOG!
My fiasnce and I are going through this right now!, Report all charges to your card company. The law states that an unauthorized purchase is an unauthorized purchase. We also took the xbox away from the kid for good. He knew what he was doing. A large screen with a big yes to purchase button pops up....very well knowing he didnt have any money or card of his own, he spent ours anyways, and your alls as I can assume.

Just wait until they run out of space on the system as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you happen to have links to the previous year? I've never heard of Google trends btw.

Dec 2018:

JqNZEPs.png

Like I said it's done a good job so far. If it's right this time it may be a good indicator.

Top Bottom