• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google tricked stupid Facebook users! Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaMava

I don't get it. I glanced over and it appears to be an article about aim being able to access facebook stuff. Do the people in the comments think this article is the new redesign of facebook?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
thespot84 said:
I just checked that site again, it's down to 63%, so someone is trying it since you posted :lol
OH SNAP!

Gonna PM WasabaiKing just to be safe.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hah, people probably got confused because the site uses Facebook Connect.

Really, I wish you need to be licensed to use the internet.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
JavaMava said:
I don't get it. I glanced over and it appears to be an article about aim being able to access facebook stuff. Do the people in the comments think this article is the new redesign of facebook?
Trying to understand these people will just make your head spin.

There is zero justification for whatever it is they think they are doing that is forgivable.

Fox Mulder

BuddhaRockstar said:
What's disturbing is how many people rely on just mashing words into google and then smashing enter without even checking where they're going. I used to wonder how phishing sites found people so dense, but we're now at a point where a lot of people using computers really don't know the absolute basics about them.

pretty much...some people are too goddamn fucking stupid for their own good.

I've seen friends I graduated college with have 8 different browser toolbars installed, or 800 desktop icons with no concern for needing to find anything.

my sister's boyfriend holds a grudge against Microsoft after his xbox live account was stolen, even though he's the one that entered his password info to a site he pulled up through google. He never called them once, and failed to realize, or care, that his debit card was tied to the account. I mentioned it to him while he was playing Halo 3 under a new account, which was weeks later at that point. Oh well, it wasn't my money.

Someone needs to explain this to me. Did they fix it? Cause a Google search for 'Facebook login' takes you to Facebook.

Also, people are stupid. When people say that new generations are supposed to be better with technology, I tell them no. Almost everyone is still an idiot.

thespot84

FromTheFuture said:
Someone needs to explain this to me. Did they fix it? Cause a Google search for 'Facebook login' takes you to Facebook.

when I search that google news results still come up before the link to facebook does.

Cipherr

Archaix said:
Or forget the whole valet thing altogether, and use somebody wandering through a parking garage screaming "WHERE CAR IS" and assuming the nearest one is yours because it's close to you.

GAaaaaahahahahah! This thread is gold.

thespot84 said:
when I search that google news results still come up before the link to facebook does.
As in people are dumber than I originally thought? Google hasn't tricked anyone. People are just incredibly stupid. It's clearly a different section, the website searches doesn't start until after the News indented section.

/facepalm

1zqr0qh.png

Xater said:
Have people who use Google to find sites they regularly use never heard of bookmarks?

I don't even do that. I type in "ne" into my browser window and get here. These people probably only have to type "F" into their browser window to get to where they want to go.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FleckSplat said:
Fersis, you're on there.
:lol

* Changes password *

Username EviLore
Password fhuta69dragona
Other
Stats 70% success rate (10 votes)
Oh, so you can put whatever you want there? :/

RubxQub

Weird...I just typed "youtube" in my FireFox address bar without the www or the .com and it threw-up on me.

What the fuck is that about? :lol

NO WONDER THEY TURN TO GOOGLE!

stuminus3

Banned
So, so hilarious yet so, so sad.

I can vouch for people actually being this stupid. We've had calls to tech support from some of our remote branches because they can't get to the login page for our company OWA page... 9/10 times it's because they're entering the URL in a Google search bar.

It blows my mind, but it's kind of comforting to know that even with all that technology out there now, there's still a need for a guy who knows the basics.

Now all we need to make is a fake facebook website which should have the first hit when entering "facebook login" and the username/password they enter redirects them to facebook.com with a "wrong username/password. please enter again" message since they don't read the URL.

Fucking jackpot!

I can't help but think that there must be at least a handful of people who were even dumber than the majority, and couldn't figure out how to comment either.

I shudder to think of what they would have said if they could.

Facebook users (or should I call them "internet casuals") are seemingly more like sheep as time goes on. The other week I heard about this group called "Free Facebook Gold accounts!" and refreshed every 5 seconds or so and the group member count would go up by about 400 each time.

Willy105 said:
Maybe I spend too much time with these kinds of people, but that's completely understandable. There is no real way to tell the difference to an untrained eye.
Honestly needs to be a way to turn off all the unnecessary links.

Leckan

:lol

At least someone got it.

"50. This is what happens when people use Google to enter sites instead of typing it on their address bar...

Damn you all Farmville users..."

The ignorance...

Brannon

Holy shit in a chapel, Batman.

THIS is why Nigeria does what it does. THIS RIGHT HERE. These people are free moneybags. Holy motherfucker of god. If I were a bit more unscrupulous I'd be in on this so hard I'd have a priapism full of Googleable phishing pages because chances are they use the same password for EVERYTHING online.

Look at all that opportunity! Who needs social engineering? This is the motherlo... Okay that's enough.

Man.

jas0nuk

"I had about 65% learned" ahaha priceless.

I saw a comment asking why they had changed the logo to a red one, lmfao.

Yeah, even my dad wouldn't do this. In fact he trolls the Nigerian scammers that email him.

Seeing this level of stupidity within the general public just makes me facepalm hard.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The funniest thing about this is that instead of clicking back and looking at the results, which would have made it pretty obvious, people signed in to ReadWriteWeb and commented thinking that they were completely unable to access facebook, raising the profile of the article. :lol

I support the creation of a fake top "facebook login" google search result, which will execute a mass culling of facebook users.

wow, something on the internet actually surprised me.

the best part is they actually had to think to use 'facebook login' as the search term instead of just 'facebook'

and now some awesome hackers are gonna manipulate a fake 'facebook login' page to the top of google search for the win.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's also funny that these people search for "facebook login" if you think about it.

They aren't googling for facebook.. They aren't looking for the site itself, which obviously has the login on its front page... They are actually making a request "facebook login, please".

It's like googling "I want a sandwitch".

Brannon

What should happen; got to readwriteweb, copy every name on the list that can't figure out what happened, put it in a motivational pic then post it on the internet.

This. It needs to happen. But not me since I'm lazy and the king of all and stuff.

You do it.*points at you*

cory

Banned
BocoDragon said:
It's also funny that these people search for "facebook login" if you think about it.

They aren't googling for facebook.. They aren't looking for the site itself, which obviously has the login on its front page... They are actually making a request "facebook login, please".

It's like googling "I want a sandwitch".
Did you mean: I want a sandwich :D

It just boggles my mind how computer-illiterate people are.

mollipen

As has been brought up on here and over on RWW - Idiocracy is looking less like a comedy movie and more like a future-world documentary.

Those comments also now make me more conflicted on the iPad: giving more people easier methods to access the internet may not be such a good thing.

cms382 said:
It just boggles my mind how computer-illiterate people are.

Just to add to the tech support stories then:

I worked tech support for a domain hosting company a few years back. A guy called one morning to say he couldn't get his email working. Turned out he was typing his email address into the IE address bar, and clicking the Go button.

I decided to check what alexa has to say about this:

Keyword
Percent of Search Traffic

facebook
31.17%

facebook login
3.09%

facebook.com
2.19%

www.facebook.com
0.90%

face
0.85%

face book
0.74%

fb
0.65%

facebok
0.28%

facebook en español
0.14%

0.12%

faceboook

farmville

As for me, I just type the letter "t" in my address bar.

thefacebook.com bitches!

RubxQub

shidoshi said:
As has been brought up on here and over on RWW - Idiocracy is looking less like a comedy movie and more like a future-world documentary.

Those comments also now make me more conflicted on the iPad: giving more people easier methods to access the internet may not be such a good thing.
Someone should just make an app called "Facebook Login" and steal everyone's accounts.

...clearly that's the app these people would be looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom