• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google unveils the top 10 searched games of 2023 with Hogwarts Legacy leading the way. The Last of Us, Starfield, Baldurs Gate 3 also among the top 10

Here's a screenshot with the the full top 10 searched games as per Google trends:
nOJjEdn.png

スイカゲーム (Suika Game) also known as Watermelon Game, is a Japanese puzzle video game.

Source used: https://trends.google.com/trends/yis/2023/GLOBAL/?hl=en-US

Last edited:

Sephimoth

Was Hogwarts even mentioned at the Game Awards? With all the categories you'd think it'd pop up at least once with how well it sold and reviewed.
Unless...

Would be funny if the publisher didn't send codes for future games to outlets that refused to review/talk about it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
BG3 that high is biggest surprise.

No doubt it's doing gangbusters. 20 mil sales won't be surprising.

Last edited:
Was Hogwarts even mentioned at the Game Awards? With all the categories you'd think it'd pop up at least once with how well it sold and reviewed.
Unless...

Would be funny if the publisher didn't send codes for future games to outlets that refused to review/talk about it :messenger_tears_of_joy:
We already know HL is getting a sequel which will also be ignored to 20+ million sales, but it would be great if WB Games decided they no longer needed to send out review codes for future Mortal Kombat titles. That would hit these game "journalists" where it hurts

Dazraell

I'm being serious when I say that they'll find a way to turn/spin this into a positive, after "engagement numbers" we'll get presented with " Number X in Google's Top 10 searches"...

I absolutely hate PR bullshit/spin

Of course they will. PR spin like that is easier than owning to it, letting players know what didn't worked (no pun intended) and trying to apply it for future projects

I'm not saying that Starfield is a bad game or anything like that, but it's quite clear there are some things that didn't clicked and Bethesda really should take a longer look at their design process

By the amount of articles created about Starfield, it will be probably on top and it is not even close. Hell, the threads about Starfield are still being created :messenger_tears_of_joy:
What are you even on about? Starfield is one of the high profile games in this top 10 google trends for 2023 so ofc it gets a mention in the thread tile. If it bothers you that much go ahead and press the ignore thread button.

Last edited:

tommib

Really fucking embarrassing for the big part of the industry that treated Hogwarts as the “Those We Don’t Speak Of” creatures in The Village. Their dogmatic cultural fascism has been completely crushed by statistics and numbers making them all look like drug addict cult members.

I wish they would reconsider or at least question their whole doctrine but I doubt they have any capacity for self-analysis.

Ribi

reminder that #9 wasnt even nominated for an award. People really seem to have forgotten it.

From the Google Trends page -

> 'Lists are based on search terms that had the highest spike this year as compared to the previous year.'

fWffv6U.png

lmao this list means nothing.
The cut-off date was probably before Chapter 5 launched where we see that massive spike for Fortnite.

Last edited:

Holammer

That explains a lot. Seen clones of this Suika Game on WhatIsOnSteam and wondered what it is.
Gave it a try and got 1380 points on my first try. It's pretty fun!

SiriusBlack

Neo Member
Hogwarts stays winning. The biggest game of the year, in a stacked year.

Kudos to the team that pulled off something incredible.

LakeOf9

The analysis being YoY increase based makes this kind of useless, it’s not actually the list of the most searched games, it’s the list of games that were searched most relative to their search volume last year.

That still has room, obviously, but it should be presented honestly, not misleadingly like this.

Shubh_C63

Battlegrounds Mobile India !?

I haven't even heard of this game. damn
Oh its an Indian version of PUBG. Makes sense.

Edit - Handheld games should be huge in India but so price sensitive that only Mobiles can survive the dual purpose.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
By the amount of articles created about Starfield, it will be probably on top and it is not even close. Hell, the threads about Starfield are still being created :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, I'm sure if Starfield wasn't hyped up for more than a year as one of the best games ever created, then I seriously doubt anyone would be talking about it right now.

It's insane to watch ppl talk about this list on Retardera and act like Hogwarts Legacy doesn't exist.

This isn't a life or death thing but, How does ignoring reality solve anything in life, ever? In any situation? Crazy world we live in.

Top Bottom