• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a New 3DS XL today, would prefer New Circle Pad Pro to C-stick

Yudoken

Is there going to be a Circle Pad Pro for New 3DS? Would anyone else prefer that to the new C-stick? I think it's unfortunate they didn't just go for a regular circle pad on the right side, which could have fit if the face buttons had been moved downwards a bit.

3ds-xl-NEW-SMALL1.jpg

Post your opinions/impressions.

I would like a smaller stick of the normal stick instead of the c-stick, it's pretty bad but better than nothing.
The Vita still is the king in terms of hardware.
I would love to see Nintendo developing a "Vita" (Oled HD display, single wide screen, good hardware, four shoulder buttons, genral good buttons (like the four standard ones on the psp), capacitive touchscreen, at least two micro SD card slots, normal micro USB ac plug...).
It's sad how awefull it is in comparison with the first version of the Vita.
I may now use the New XL but the Vita still is my favorite handheld (hardware wise).

Justinh

i think the c-stick works great. I did buy a second, physical copy of monster hunter 3 so I could try both the c stick and circle pad pro side by side and see which I prefer.

I like the circle pad pro a lot more, but that might just be because I'm used to it and the extra grip from the CPP makes my hand cramp less.

IzzyF3

The c stick works but there is nothing natural about it, just like how it was with the c buttons on the N64 and c stick on GameCube. My brain is always aware that I need to move the camera, therefore I need to use this little nubbin. Vita's right stick on the other hand was very natural.

Magnus

The C stick is dismal. It's a joke to use. I don't understand why they didn't just make a second stick like the main one, like in the OP.

KdylanR92

I *hate* the nub they added on to the new 3DS, good thing a i have a physical copy of monster hunter, my old 3ds and the circle pad pro(which should've been what they added)

Top Bottom