• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a New era hat do I leave the sticker on? Do I bend it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're not seriously gonna bend it right
full

We had a thread like this a year ago. I put all the responses in a table. Let me go find it.

Edit: From this thread Okay, it was only like 3 months. But that's how time goes on GAF.

Here were the results:

THE RESULTS ARE IN

99rCqRw.jpg

Key Findings:

• Through the first 214 posts, 72 posts definitively expressed a preferred method of Brim, Sticker, or Both.
  • The results are clear. Bend Brim/Remove Sticker is THE preferred hat method of GAF. 33 of the 72 responses chose this combination, 46% of the sample.
  • 27 people declared for only one side of the debate.
  • 2 users said to "Put it on Your Dick".
  • 1 user recommended to "Buy a Cowboy Hat".

jstripes

Banned
Do you leave the sticker on your TV screen?
Do you leave the sticker on your laptop?
Do you leave the size stickers on your clothing?

Take that fucker off.

mcz117chief

I don't think I ever saw anyone with the sticker off and bend but I have to say it looks really dumb, if I were to ever buy one I would remove the sticker and bend it.

Ryde3

I worked at Lids when I was 18, (8 years ago) and the only answer then would've been keep the sticker on, do NOT curve it.

Now, in a post-tiller world, I'ma go with curve it, take the sticker off... maybe don't even go with New Era at all tbh, there's alot of other brands that look better curved, or even look at some New Era hats aside from the 5950s.

That thread was not about a New Era though.

This was only discovered later. I believe the findings of the science still hold, at least directionally.

I believe that if the math was done again "Put it on your dick" would be returned on a similar number of responses. Of course, we could eliminate "buy a cowboy hat" as a potential response.

You're not a middle schooler whose peers are going to bully you if you don't wear your hat right. Do whatever you think looks good.

Sanjuro

Sticker collectors are monsters and must be stopped.

I bend the brim, but that doesn't bother me really. Unless you wear it like Fernando Rodney...

uzyF3GT.jpg

Sticker off and it's up to you if you want to bend the brim or not.

I usually bend the brim because all my New Era caps are fitted San Francisco Giants caps. Granted, I bend the brim on all my caps, especially my 5-panel Supreme caps.

OP don't listen to these old fools, they don't understand the new generation. Our generation. Not only should you leave the sticker on, you should buy replacement stickers for when the original starts to get old.

#swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom