• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got scammed, feel like shit :(

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Haha I bought speakers in college off the "van guys". Were like 300 bucks and I had them for years. Perfect giant speakers for setting up at house parties. No ragrets.
Yeah can't go wrong with some Bam & Olafson speakers.

Rbk_3

Go to the police station and file a police report, being sure to show them the counterfeit/fake phone and box. It may have fingerprints still on it from her. Take it serious. Don't laugh or joke around or they'll think you aren't serious. You may not be the only victim and your case could be a part of a larger network/ring. If you have house/apartment insurance, see if theft is covered. If so, figure something out.. Anyway, more than likely she/they will do it to another, again. She'll probably go through the money in a few days and have an urge to keep doing it. Keep an eye out for another ad. Look for similar wordage and when you find the ad, immediately notify the police. Let them set something up to catch her. It's not worth getting into a tussle with street trash. The less criminals know about you, the better. Also, don't use selling platforms which have minimal safeguards, checks and balances in place.

If you think the police here are going to take finger prints here for this, you don't know very much about the police here. They won't do fuck all.

MachRc

reminds me of that one time I bought a 500 dollar hairdryer for my mum from Nordstrums of all places...
and it turned out someone returned it re-shrinked-wrapped with a pair of CON-airs

I was sweating for some reason while returning these to Norstrums.. almost felt like I was the scammer.

fYxFFKH.jpg

They did refund my purchase but until my money was refunded in like 2-3 days, I had fork over another $500 for the haridryer.
I promptly asked them to open it

3cFmSkn.jpg

reminds me of that one time I bought a 500 dollar hairdryer for my mum from Nordstrums of all places...
and it turned out someone returned it re-shrinked-wrapped with a pair of CON-airs

I was sweating for some reason while returning these to Norstrums.. almost felt like I was the scammer.

fYxFFKH.jpg

They did refund my purchase but until my money was refunded in like 2-3 days, I had fork over another $500 for the haridryer.
I promptly asked them to open it

3cFmSkn.jpg
Nothing close to that expensive but I had something similar happen at Kmart. They had ICO for PS2 for $10 and when I got home and opened it it had Blinx for XBOX inside. I'd be mad if it wasn't so funny.

Top Bottom