• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gothic 3 demo released...

syllogism

Overall while I enjoyed the game, it was unpolished, buggy and had some really strange design choices. I wouldn't bother unless you liked the previous games.

edit: animals are easy as long as you *gasp* move backwards after being hit. You do not get stun locked if you actually know how to play. Do disregard sp0rsk.

glaurung

Bringing basically the same gameplay mechanics to an engine that is pretty much unfinished does this series no justice. If it were an MMORPG, the developers could patch it up and it would be an adequate action RPG.

For now, the players will have long forgotten about the game by the time the much-needed error corrections get there.

Same goes for the demo version. Sorry.

Tuff

Banned
Still dl-ing it anways - need to sample this for myself.

Been dl-ing for like 6 hours now....it's a slow server. (over a gig for the demo)

I was really looking forward to this game until I played the demo. I'm finding I have less and less patience with games where you have to suffer through problems to get to the good stuff.

Yes. In fact, the first thing I did was wander out of the town you start in and sure enough I was attacked by three of them. After backpedaling and swinging my sword for about ten minutes, they managed to knock me down. After laying there flat on a hill, half my body hovering in the air because there's no radgoll, I managed to get up only to be instantaneously knocked back down.

Top Bottom