• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotta add the the backlog, there’s a sale!

RPS37

So PSN has a pretty good sale up right now before games under $20.
I’m contemplating picking up The Order 1886 or Infamous Second Son/Last Light.
Do either of these games still hold up or is there any other PS4 exclusives that I probably might’ve missed on sale that I should get instead?

jaysius

Banned
Open world design has advanced far beyond what Infamous has to offer. People will argue, but they’re just Sucker Punch fanbois. Infamous games were never all that great, they’re mostly propelled by hype.

Order 1886 is a pretty silly ride, but unless it’s dirt cheap then you’re burning money.

Death Stranding is pretty awesome, but it’s a different kind of game, if you want something weird as fuck with a more chill vibe and a story that takes forever to develop, but when it does it has a great payoff, then go with that.

Prey is on sale, if you haven’t played it try that one.

Last edited:

Zeeed

So PSN has a pretty good sale up right now before games under $20.
I’m contemplating picking up The Order 1886 or Infamous Second Son/Last Light.
Do either of these games still hold up or is there any other PS4 exclusives that I probably might’ve missed on sale that I should get instead?
-The Order 1886 is okay, the graphics was way before it's time, but the controls are not that great. Still has a locked 30fps on the PS5 I believe.

-The first Infamous was okay. Infamous Second Son and Last light was pretty good IMHO. If you want to feel like a super hero or a super villain in an open world city. The traversing after you gain some powers is great and a game unto itself. The story and voice acting is pretty good as well. I finished it when it first came out, doing a second playthrough with the PS5 now that they put out and update that has it doing 4k@60fps. It also has HDR, but I don't think it is the best implementation, a bit too dark. It is buttery smooth on the PS5. Also, it is part of the PS Collection if you are PS+ member. So you might already have it ;)

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
If you liked previous Infamous titles I think you will like Second Son. Visually it still hold up in my opinion and yes it is not the best open world ever made but it is a fun game to play.
Death stranding is really amazing. And really beautiful.

You’re getting ripped off if you pay $13 for 1886, it’s usually a couple of bucks on psn sales, i paid $5 for it in 2017 during a psn sale lol

Rikkori

The issue with Infamous (SS/LL) for me was that the controls are quite clunky with a gamepad, it has no gyro, and the zoomed-in look compounds the problem further, so in the end it's not actually fun to control and play. Looked like it could be a fun game otherwise but I had to bail after a few hours.

Top Bottom