• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 4 Updated Hands-On - Gamespot

Chony

Marconelly said:
Online beta, AFAIK, is the only Killzone beta there is (and it started long time ago)

It's a method that cleans up textures that are scaled down in the distance. I don't think it has ever been used in a PS2 game, and is the method that works and looks even better than trilinear filtering (which has been used in PS2 games, but not in GT3 nor GT4 Prologue) Anisotropic filtering is extremely rare even on Xbox (frankly, I can't actually name a game that uses it) but it's easily applicable in PC games with decent graphics cards.

All you need to know about texture filtering:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040603/index.html

Maybe I'll just wait until I can rent both this and Forza, borrow a ps2, (I already have an xbox) and compare them both to the pictures and movies we've seen up until they are released.

They rarely ever measure up. I get tired of looking at doctored screens and when I pop the game in it looks like crap or just average.

zork007

Wow thats a big jump over GT3!! :)

gt3_screen041.jpg

gt3_screen044.jpg

gt3_screen059.jpg

drohne said:
surely "b-spec" mode is the great step forward for gran turismo -- takes the last bothersome vestiges of racing out of the game, and lets users focus on looking at shiny cars.

We should call it the Jerk off mode. Or Fap-Fap mode?

Insertia

561066_20040924_screen001.jpg

i want this game. :D
Now that i see the screens, yeah, I think I'd rather have the game this year with no online play rather then suffer another delay.

PS2 KID

Insertia said:
561066_20040924_screen001.jpg

i want this game. :D
Now that i see the screens, yeah, I think I'd rather have the game this year with no online play rather then suffer another delay.
Yes, I can't wait to play it! I'm sorry for the people who want online but I just want this game this year. I've been waiting long enough.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
not sure if anyone noticed, but i just decided to count...

there was 600 screenshots added today on gamespot :/

Top Bottom