• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Spiegel

SolidSnakex said:
Gran Turismo PSP 100% confirmed for E3.

raptorjesus.gif

2009 release please

It also seems like the report that Mobile will launch with the PSP might be true. At the end of the episode the game that Veronica and Koller play is GT (although they don't actually show it). I honestly don't think Polyphony's going to be the one that made it.

Ranger X

Gran Turismo and LittleBigPlanet will probably fall in the "fuck-it-I-own-the-better-PS3-version-anyways" category.

Jak 4 and Motorstorm Artic Edge though... they better be available in UMD too!!

J-Rzez

SolidSnakex said:
It also seems like the report that Mobile will launch with the PSP might be true. At the end of the episode the game that Veronica and Koller play is GT (although they don't actually show it). I honestly don't think Polyphony's going to be the one that made it.

They probably "overseen development". Oh well, curious to see how this turns out.

Anyways, if GT5 is "completed", I'm surprised details didn't leak on it yet, but there's a few days to go yet. lol

gantz85

Banned
J-Rzez said:
They probably "overseen development". Oh well, curious to see how this turns out.

Anyways, if GT5 is "completed", I'm surprised details didn't leak on it yet, but there's a few days to go yet. lol

I wouldn't mind too much if Studio Cambridge or Liverpool were behind GT Portable.

J-Rzez said:

I really doubt GT5 is complete, it probably still has a few months left. But this makes amar's hints look pretty rock solid. From those hints the PSP one would be the hardest to believe because of how long its been announced and nothing has really come out on it.

I think this is the last time Kaz mentioned GTP

What's the current status with Gran Turismo Mobile for PSP and Gran Turismo for Boys (originally announced for PS2)?

Yamauchi: I don't think Gran Turismo Mobile will make this year, but we are hoping to make the PSP version a satellite game, like an addition to GT5.

I have to apologise because so much of our effort and energy is going into making the PS3 version that it's making it very difficult for us to work on the PSP version. The same goes for Gran Turismo for Boys, but we're hoping to make that a feature within GT5.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186087

Reading it again, maybe they've been chipping away at GT Mobile all these years and it's almost there since he does say "I don't think GTM will make it this year", which could be read as it's far along but not close enough for release. That was April of last year.

-viper-

Banned
Ranger X said:
Gran Turismo and LittleBigPlanet will probably fall in the "fuck-it-I-own-the-better-PS3-version-anyways" category.

LBP and GT on the go would be SO awesome.

They'll be the only two PSP games I'll EVER need to own, TBH.

-viper- said:
GT5 already looks good, but it could look even better at 720p.

I thought much the same, until we got a 1080p panny plasma. I'm not sure what kind of set you have but the difference in IQ compared to the 720p LCD (which had a great scaler mind you) it replaced was akin to bumping a PC game from medium to high. The difference in aliasing and color depth still blows me away.

Now, it kinda sucks the game's IQ can vary so wildly on specific displays. But human nature being what it is, I don't care now. ;) 1080p mode looks fucking amazing.

Ranger X

-viper- said:
LBP and GT on the go would be SO awesome.

They'll be the only two PSP games I'll EVER need to own, TBH.

On my PSP 2000 too it will be awesome. But since the games aren't really different than their superior console counterpart, this is where my interest fades away. In fact, the portability doesn't excite me, I buy portables for the unique games they can offer me. If I could all plug them into my TV they would stay there right beside my home consoles! :)

Ranger X said:
On my PSP 2000 too it will be awesome. But since the games aren't really different than their superior console counterpart, this is where my interest fades away. In fact, the portability doesn't excite me, I buy portables for the unique games they can offer me. If I could all plug them into my TV they would stay there right beside my home consoles! :)

I kind of feel that same way. But I think there will likely be some compatibility between the two that could make people interested in Mobile.

Ranger X said:

Uhh even if you don't have the PSPgo you can still download them onto your PSP through the online store. As long as your memory stick is large enough you should be fine even if there is no UMD version.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I thought much the same, until we got a 1080p panny plasma. I'm not sure what kind of set you have but the difference in IQ compared to the 720p LCD (which had a great scaler mind you) it replaced was akin to bumping a PC game from medium to high. The difference in aliasing and color depth still blows me away.

Now, it kinda sucks the game's IQ can vary so wildly on specific displays. But human nature being what it is, I don't care now. ;) 1080p mode looks fucking amazing.

Same here. I don't see any aliasing on my 1080p panny. Smooth as butter.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
-viper- said:
Few months old. Maybe it's sold 3.7m copies now.

GT5 will be HUGE.

Probably more than 4 million now since I don't think the downloads are included in those numbers and we know it has had at least 700k downloads.

-viper-

Banned
Forza 3 looks mighty impressive.

I really think GT5 needs to have better looking tracks. The lighting in Forza seems really nice too. In GT5P, it just looks too bright.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
-viper- said:
Forza 3 looks mighty impressive.

I really think GT5 needs to have better looking tracks. The lighting in Forza seems really nice too. In GT5P, it just looks too bright.
I agree. Turn 10 were always behind on the lighting. Their games just looked weird and 'unrealistic' compared to GT because of it. But now that they've got that up to the level of GT, and their track modelling/texturing has always been better than GT's, Kaz & co are gonna have to step it up and stop upscaling GT4 tracks.

Ranger X

Forza 3 is really interesting now. It pulls off the minimum to make me drool. I don't need better graphics or features. They done a really awesome game unless if ever the driving physic worsen... but I doubt it.

They simply pulled 2 Forza games that are good all the while Polyphony are lazy fucks with 5 years with nothing. It's ridiculous.

If GT5 doesn't appear AND AT LEAST MATCH Forza 3 in features, I will buy a 360 and stop caring about GT5 until the day it's release around 2029.

-viper-

Banned
Sage00 said:
I agree. Turn 10 were always behind on the lighting. Their games just looked weird and 'unrealistic' compared to GT because of it. But now that they've got that up to the level of GT, and their track modelling/texturing has always been better than GT's, Kaz & co are gonna have to step it up and stop upscaling GT4 tracks.
After rewatching the GT5P videos, it does look great. But the bright lighting almost ruins it, where as it looks more realistic in Forza 3.

Look how bright Daytona Speedway and High Speed Ring are! Looks bad. Looked much more realistic in GT3/GT4.

I think they're probably going to delay GT5 until 2015 after seeing the Forza 3 features D:

I really hope we see GT5 tomorrow. I would love to see it.

evolution

Psychotext said:
One thing's for certain... the competition between the two is great for us as gamers. :D
Its wierd but Polyphony seems like the only racing studio that doesn't care about competing. Kaz kinda just does what he wants.

-viper-

Banned
evolution said:
Its wierd but Polyphony seems like the only racing studio that doesn't care about competing. Kaz kinda just does what he wants.
Haha yeah. FM3 is just adding more and more features to their game while Kaz is still giving false promises for GT5 PROLOGUE.

Niks

Sony conference day has arrived... So, is GT a show or no show?
If Kaz showed only a trailer, would that be enough for you guys?

-viper-

Banned
Turn 10 have released 2 games in 2 years (or are going to) while Polyphony have yet to release 1 fully fledged GT title in over 3/4 years. Stupidity beyond belief. You'd expect the game to be near finished by now.

I wouldn't mind if it comes out in 2010, but, as long as they show a gameplay trailer of the latest GT5 build tomorrow, then I'll be happy.

Niks

-viper- said:
I wouldn't mind if it comes out in 2010, but, as long as they show a gameplay trailer of the latest GT5 build tomorrow, then I'll be happy.

Yeah, I have lowered my expectations. Im not expecting a full blown GT5 announcement (if it happens then great) but kinda expect a solid trailer, nothing fancy, maybe a showcase of new tracks..

Ranger X

I want AT LEAST some footage that demonstrate me the game matches Forza 3. That's all I care.

If not, see you all in Forza 3 this October!!

gantz85

Banned
-viper- said:
Turn 10 have released 2 games in 2 years (or are going to) while Polyphony have yet to release 1 fully fledged GT title in over 3/4 years. Stupidity beyond belief. You'd expect the game to be near finished by now.

Conference is just in 6 hours, can't be tomorrow... :lol

I think GT and Yamaguchi are just used to being king in the racer genre. Forza 3 is a real candidate for that crown and I think it took everyone by surprise here yesterday. Pretty sure PD have to reevaluate their development strategy, or else lose out -- just like Sony this generation.

Angst

Ranger X said:
I want AT LEAST some footage that demonstrate me the game matches Forza 3. That's all I care.

If not, see you all in Forza 3 this October!!

Same here. I don't have a 360, but after F3's presentation yesterday I'm thinking about picking one up. If they would only support Logitech wheels...

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Angst said:
Same here. I don't have a 360, but after F3's presentation yesterday I'm thinking about picking one up. If they would only support Logitech wheels...

Same here, I'm thinking of getting a cheap 360 for Forza 3. Sony better change my mind this evening (morning US time) with a GT5 blow-out.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
-viper- said:

Turn 10 will have released 2 games in 2.5 years when FM3 comes out.
Polyphony Digital will have relased 4 games in 5 years if GT5 is out before march 2010.

If we do see some footage of GT5, it better not be replay highlights.

And can I add it's nice to see some PD fans compliment Turn 10, it's refreshing.

gantz85

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:

Why not? Serve up the same dish as Forza 3 did; CG trailer, in-game, and replay. Of course they can do without the CG trailer and the real-life in-person interviews.. :lol

-viper-

Banned
-x.Red.x- said:
think PD is pissed that turn 10 said

"Best looking racer on ANY console"

I would be...and prove them wrong! :lol
GT5 is at disadvantage for being 1080p. That probably uses a lot of memory. No one is going to care whether the game is 1080p or not, they're just going to care what looks nicer.

They should drop to 720p and max out the graphics. 16 player racing @ 720p60fps would be goood.

spwolf

gantz85 said:
Conference is just in 6 hours, can't be tomorrow... :lol

I think GT and Yamaguchi are just used to being king in the racer genre. Forza 3 is a real candidate for that crown and I think it took everyone by surprise here yesterday. Pretty sure PD have to reevaluate their development strategy, or else lose out -- just like Sony this generation.

what was so suprising in F3? Better everything is expected. Only interesting stuff for me what Che said that it is better for hard core and that they will show it in the future, because trailer showed NFS-style arcade racing, ign talked about brake assists, it is very different game from actual GT. It looks as if F3 went in different direction from GT, which is fine too of course...

BeeDog

Opus Angelorum said:

And can I add it's nice to see some PD fans compliment Turn 10, it's refreshing.

Now let's see if the opposite will be ever seen. :p

KHarvey16

spwolf said:
what was so suprising in F3? Better everything is expected. Only interesting stuff for me what Che said that it is better for hard core and that they will show it in the future, because trailer showed NFS-style arcade racing, ign talked about brake assists, it is very different game from actual GT. It looks as if F3 went in different direction from GT, which is fine too of course...

Brake assists and other beginner oriented features are completely optional. Their inclusion cannot be perceived as a negative by any stretch of the imagination.

gantz85

Banned
-viper- said:
GT5 is at disadvantage for being 1080p. That probably uses a lot of memory. No one is going to care whether the game is 1080p or not, they're just going to care what looks nicer.

They should drop to 720p and max out the graphics. 16 player racing @ 720p60fps would be goood.

Sounds about right.

Top Bottom