• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Niks said:
What about NA racers wanting to race Suzuka?
It would be nighttime at Suzuka with cold temperatures?
:D

Heh, but yeah I get what you mean, it would be a nice feature.
it would use the weather forecast not the current data

spwolf

maniac-kun said:
it would use the weather forecast not the current data

yeah dude, getting a bit crazy with ideas eh? :D

i like night/day cycle in burnout (which was based on my clock), but you know what happened at the end? I turned it off :).

i am not saying it wouldnt be cool, it is just that there are other priorities...

Looking back at previous GT's, I noticed that GT4, VisionGT, GTHD (the GT4 asset version, the GT5 version didn't come until TGS), and GT5P were all unveiled at E3. So, if GT5 is going to be announced this year then E3 really does seem like the safe bet.

Niks

^ That is reassuring.

Well if it is unveiled I hope its more than just a trailer. Maybe Kaz doing a presentation during the Sony keynote?

Wollan

That GT5 Prologue demonstration was obscene though (in 06 or 07?), took forever, 20 minutes minimum with not that much content.

Haunted

Wollan said:
That GT5 Prologue demonstration was obscene though (in 06 or 07?), took forever, 20 minutes minimum with not that much content.
The dynamic weather system and realistic damage/collision model will provide some much needed variety.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wollan said:
Unless I'm wrong, if you're talking about the E3 demo, it wasn't even GT5P. He was demoing GT4 at 1080p. GT4. AND HE PLAYED LIKE AN ENTIRE RACE. And then they talked about GTHD, which, if you remember, was like upscaled GT4 + some real GT5. It was a disaster.

Motorstorm wasn't in the keynote, so it was suspected the game was late and missed a deadline.

Dizzan

MINI Member
SolidSnakex said:
I find it hard to get excited about GTPortable. It's going to have to be compromised in so many ways to work on the PSP.

They should debut the GT5 trailer with Moon Over the Castle for added impact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbCj82kKik

Even though I know a new MG is coming, GT5 is all I want right now.

I want the psp version to be a little more arcadey. Pick up and play a race or two, collect some cash and buy new cars/unlock tracks.. They don't need all the technical stuff in it. Just make it look gorgeous.

Gt5 on the other hand should have a huge list of features

Dizzan said:
Gt5 on the other hand should have a huge list of features

If GT5 has all the features that it's been reported to have then it's going to be a beast of a game. Even GT for Boys (for those that remember that) is supposed to be in GT5. So, if everything is in there then Kaz really will be able to make his RPG, because we won't be needing another GT for quite awhile.

Niks

GT PSP, yea Im still on the fence on that one... but It will be interesting to see how PD goes about it.

The intro I remember the most was GT3, the leap in terms of graphics was just amazing. Deep forest with the light coming through the trees.. I was floored :O

The intro that sticks out to me is GT2 because of all the speculation about the intro being PS2 footage. Somehow GT3 ended up looking even better than GT2's intro.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SolidSnakex said:
If GT5 has all the features that it's been reported to have then it's going to be a beast of a game. Even GT for Boys (for those that remember that) is supposed to be in GT5. So, if everything is in there then Kaz really will be able to make his RPG, because we won't be needing another GT for quite awhile.
Well they have had plenty of time. PLENTY of time.

Magazine confirms the presence of Gran Turismo 5 in E3

The most recent edition of french magazine Playstation 3 indicates that the long awaited "Gran Turismo 5", Polyphony Digital's racing simulator will be shown in E3 2009, between 2 and 4 June.

According to the magazine, both Polyphony Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment will put an end to the mystery and reveal the game to the world.

But the magazine doesn't reveal in which way it'll be presentated - in playable version or in video.

E3 will be between 2 and 4 June, in Los Angeles, United States, being covered by UOL.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3408315#post3408315

6squya.jpg

Ranger X

This fucking better be true. And I better see advancement in that game. They NEED to show proper collision, or weather change or damage.

gantz85

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

I assure you, people will need a GT after Kaz is done with his RPG.. if ever.. :lol

1up is basically confirming that GT Mobile will be there also

If that weren't enough, need we remind you that we've been told from sources inside Sony that GT Mobile is coming to PSP this fall and will be unveiled at E3? Count on it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174397

I'm guessing there will be some kind of interaction between the two. But i'm not sure what since it's highly doubtful that Mobile will be a mini version of GT5.

Melfice7

Ranger X said:
This fucking better be true. And I better see advancement in that game. They NEED to show proper collision, or weather change or damage.

I have a bad feeling there wont be any of that, and out of those i only really wanted proper collisions, but seeing as prologue is i dont have much hope

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Best news ever. If they could somehow get this game out by the end of the year...

Naw, they'll save it for next year.

spwolf

Haunted said:
The dynamic weather system and realistic damage/collision model will provide some much needed variety.

am i to assume that dynamic weather would work online in online races?

i mean it would be pointless in time trials, which is what >90% of GT is all about.

spwolf

Router said:
GRAFFX R AMAZNG!

actually:
- 2D grass
- too much motion blur
- ground textures look low res, flat, where is the shine?
- tiny bit of tire tracks, wtf is up with that?

GT5 better look more polished than that OR ELSE... hear me SONRY?

spwolf said:
actually:
- 2D grass
- too much motion blur

Whats actually funny is if you showed this to someone as in game they would list those things in seriousness.

Dead Man

spwolf said:
actually:
- 2D grass
- too much motion blur

Yeah, in that first pic it looks like the grass is just paint. Crappy textures guys.

spwolf said:
actually:
- 2D grass
- too much motion blur

Ok. first thing I was going to say was, you're completely wrong.Those pics look very good ; textures, lighting/ art direction is all excellent.Then I started laughing when I had a closer look at them and found out they're actual photos.:lol Polyphony!

Valkyr Junkie said:
On a related note. Checkout the livery for Pescarolo Sports 908 entry for Le Mans. They're running one in addition to the 01 LMP1 car. Hopefully it'll somehow beat the factory Peugeots with their lowly Xbox 360 side stickers.
The Audi R15s are gonna romp over everyone anyways
:lol

[IG]http://i41.tinypic.com/qxpd7r.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i41.tinypic.com/mjmn2e.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i44.tinypic.com/33k3ae8.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-1341.html

They also sponsored the 24 Hour Nurburgring race this year so every car on the track had a GT logo

33kc8lc.jpg

2u6d3jc.jpg

2u7x3th.jpg

2poxp3b.jpg

You can't see hte logo in the last pic, but it's still a cool shot. :p

Niks

Man Tuesday cant come soon enough..
but Im trying to keep my expectations a bit low though.

Sony and PD have been so tight lipped about GT5 that what little we know is just a rumor.
For example I find it weird that within Amars message there was no mention about weather or damage, and those two features, are more important (imo) than how many tracks or how many cars are going to be available.

Just saying.

Niks said:
Sony and PD have been so tight lipped about GT5 that what little we know is just a rumor.
For example I find it weird that within Amars message there was no mention about weather or damage, and those two features, are more important (imo) than how many tracks or how many cars are going to be available.

It's possible that Polyphony was able to keep a lid on other features. At least there isn't much longer until we find out all the details. With all those rumored tracks i'm crossing my fingers that Grindelwald will be one of them. I'm also looking forward to seeing Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, as i'm sure they will both be in there.

-viper-

Banned
After seeing NFS shift, Polyphony should drop to 720p and max out the graphics. It looks really nice at 1080p... but also a bit bland, and could use more detail tbh.

Ranger X

-viper- said:
After seeing NFS shift, Polyphony should drop to 720p and max out the graphics. It looks really nice at 1080p... but also a bit bland, and could use more detail tbh.

What does look better in Shift? Just looked at the trailer 2 mins ago and the cars + interiors looks low poly compared to GT5P. Also, the lighting wasn't as natural looking and the FPS was shite.
Maybe you noticed details in the backgrounds??

-viper-

Banned
Ranger X said:
What does look better in Shift? Just looked at the trailer 2 mins ago and the cars + interiors looks low poly compared to GT5P. Also, the lighting wasn't as natural looking and the FPS was shite.
Maybe you noticed details in the backgrounds??

Actually I guess you're right. I've watched the trailer again and GT5P actually looks better.

-viper-

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
He's trying to discredit GT as we all pay more attention to the backdrop than the racetrack.
Uh, no.

GT5 already looks good, but it could look even better at 720p. Some of the tracks are directly off the PS2 except with improved textures. I would rather see them drop the resolution to improve the graphics than just stay at 1080p and keep the graphics just like this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
-viper- said:
Uh, no.

GT5 already looks good, but it could look even better at 720p. Some of the tracks are directly off the PS2 except with improved textures. I would rather see them drop the resolution to improve the graphics than just stay at 1080p and keep the graphics just like this.
I think if they did drop res then they would be able to make the game better looking and give more things TLC. Either way it looks amazing as it is and it's been a while since we last seen it.

-viper- said:

Huh? GT5P that came out way back in 2007 is still the most graphically impressive racer. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the tearing.

Top Bottom