• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Is it seriously necessary to point out that the game is upscaled in the freaking OP? Give me a break. You tech heads are seriously too uptight about that sort of thing.

On topic, does anyone know where I can get a reliable JPN PSN card to pick up this game when it comes out?

jeremy_ricci said:
Is it seriously necessary to point out that the game is upscaled in the freaking OP? Give me a break. You tech heads are seriously too uptight about that sort of thing.

On topic, does anyone know where I can get a reliable JPN PSN card to pick up this game when it comes out?

Play Asia sells JP PSN cards.

This is a sweet set up, I'm jealous.

rig_1_2.jpg

amar212

40 seconds of pointlessness.

3 days to go, no word about delay, offical web still states 13/12, no new informations at all, no Famitsu review in past week, WTF is going on? New Famitsu is out when, Wednesday or Thursday?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
amar212 said:
40 seconds of pointlessness.

3 days to go, no word about delay, offical web still states 13/12, no new informations at all, no Famitsu review in past week, WTF is going on? New Famitsu is out when, Wednesday or Thursday?

Wednesday isn't it. Yeah that's peculiar... wonder what's going on.

Kyoufu

Okay guys, I'm going to purchase GT5:p from the PSN Store, but in order to do that I need PSN Cards. Will NCSX be able to fulfill my order for 2? Do other sites like Play-Asia ship them digitally?

Halp :(

Niks

Thursday is going to be a great day.

Prologue impressions (london track, online play)
and Burnout demo coming out
:)

I could not agree more. I expected GTHD with other cars.....I got a darkly lit v-snyc nightmare.
I love on the first turn with all the cars in front of you how each one tears apart from V-sync problems.....[

QUOTE=TTP]Seriously, I'll never understand how I'm called picky for comlpaining about that demo.

It was very avarage, especially going by PDI standards.

IQ was seriously flawed. Shimmering galore. Cockpit view selfshadowing was terrible. Frame rate was unstable. Track modelling was old gen.

I know that was not the proper GT5
I know it was unfinished

This doesn't mean I can't complain about the issues demo had and therefore feel unexcited about GT5 Prologue.

If GT5 Prologue fixes everything I listed, I'll buy it day one no prob. If not, I'll just wait for GT5.[/QUOTE]

Carl2282

ugh I don't know what do to I'm in N.A. Should I buy a points card and get it off the Japanese store?, Import the blu ray sku?, or just wait till february? Someone decide for me :(

nofi

Carl2282 said:
ugh I don't know what do to I'm in N.A. Should I buy a points card and get it off the Japanese store?, Import the blu ray sku?, or just wait till february? Someone decide for me :(

Import the blu-ray. At least then you'll be able to use your NA PSN account...

theBishop

Banned
I'm sure someone has answered it already, but how much of a "full" product are we expecting from Prologue?

I know multiplayer is in there, which is huge, but what else?

How many tracks?
Car Customization?
Racing modes?
etc.

What is going to be added to make GT5 the official release over Prologue?

nofi

theBishop said:
I'm sure someone has answered it already, but how much of a "full" product are we expecting from Prologue?

I know multiplayer is in there, which is huge, but what else?

How many tracks?
Car Customization?
Racing modes?
etc.

What is going to be added to make GT5 the official release over Prologue?

5 tracks (multiple routes), no car customisation, i'd imagine time trial, race, drift modes, online racing, but with 12 months of downloadable stuff like damage etc.

dankir

Okay I plan to buy this via PSN but I'm in Canada. I followed the guides and downloaded the demo version if anybody wants to read my impressions

I need a guide to adding money to the Japanese store and purchasing as I know zero Japanese. Or is it straightforward?

DONKER if anybody wants to add me
See you online

theBishop

Banned
nofi said:
5 tracks (multiple routes), no car customisation, i'd imagine time trial, race, drift modes, online racing, but with 12 months of downloadable stuff like damage etc.

No kidding... GT5 is still a year out? Ugh...

With those features, it looks like a solid purchase for $30-$40.

Carl2282

nofi said:
Import the blu-ray. At least then you'll be able to use your NA PSN account...
just bought it of Play asia

the worst part about it is i know ill end up buying it again in february.... ah well its still worth it

IzumiK said:
I already fear for the Moon over the Castle opening for NA release.

WHAT!?! I'm hoping for that!!!

What I hated the most about the NA localization of GT4 was when, right after a beautifully done opera version of Moon Over the Castle, they put a Van Halen song - which is a pretty good song I might say, but totally out of place.

I pre-ordered GT5P locally at Japan Video Games here in SoCal...I should get it (along with Minna No Golf Portable 2! =) by this Friday or next Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I don't think it would arrive in time for XMas if I got it from Play Asia or even NCSX.

I could drive across town and get it at the store on Wednesday (assuming that's the day they get it), but I hate having to fight LA traffic at rush hour, especially during the XMas shopping season...I also figure shipping actually costs less than trying to drive there either from my work or home (I am lazy...local mail order 1-day shipping FTW =)

IzumiK

Banned
lupinko said:
So do you they mail you the card or what?

A receipt with Japanese words and some pin number printed on it.

Yes, it will work. But I was expecting a credit card type of card.

Baby Milo

Kyoufu said:
Okay guys, I'm going to purchase GT5:p from the PSN Store, but in order to do that I need PSN Cards. Will NCSX be able to fulfill my order for 2? Do other sites like Play-Asia ship them digitally?

Halp :(
yup just ordered 2 20 minutes ago and they sent me the codes through email

had no problems putting it in the PS3

Do you need the jap card to buy it or can you use a credit card? Also where can I aquire the Blu-ray copy?

PS. I skeet a little just entering this thread :drool:

http://www.psu.com/Gran-Turismo-5--Prologue-preview--a0002132-p0.php

Many fans of the series may also be pleased to learn that damage modelling has finally been implemented with Prologue. On the whole, the damage effects are quite realistic and we can safely say that the days of the Gran Turismo series being called a 'bumper car simulator' are over.

It might be true after all? I wonder if they're just speculating on Internet hearsay or whether they actually saw that.

Carl2282

Super_Chicken said:
Do you need the jap card to buy it or can you use a credit card? Also where can I aquire the Blu-ray copy?

PS. I skeet a little just entering this thread :drool:
I ordered the blu ray copy from play-asia

nofi

Philanthropist said:
Indeed, unless it's still on embargo. I won't hold my breath on it though, we'll find out very soon.

That preview clearly didn't include a playtest. There's no damage, and if there was, it wouldn't be 'quite realistic'.

IzumiK

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
hmmm no tuning?!?

That kind of sucks...

This isn't American Chopper.

Makes you wonder why PD doesn't even look upon the American audience as potential car enthusiasts.

Flo_Evans

IzumiK said:
This isn't American Chopper.

Makes you wonder why PD doesn't even look upon the American audience as potential car enthusiasts.

Well without tuning you are pretty much going to have to run the same cars to make online racing fair. I guess you can do EVO vs. STI, but meh.

Any word on the US release of this BTW? IDK if I want to import. I imported GT1 and tourist trophy and GT concept but I like to be able to read what I am doing. I guess if there is no tuning though its going to be pretty strait forward.

Top Bottom