• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Yoboman

The building look real nice, but the track itself could use some work. They use surprisingly low res assets for the stuff that is right in front of you

Rody

p13a.jpg

Rody

New cars:

BMW M3, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Ferrari 599, Honda Integra Type R, Lotus Elise 111R, Suzuki Cappucino, Nissan 350Z (Fairlady Z Version S), Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT, Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept, Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT and Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur.

Wow.

Edit: The 350Z is called Fairlady Z in Japan. No big deal, though.

Bebpo

Banned
The city track looks somewhat comparable to that other game at double the framerate. Then again I never trust GT PR shots, as it never tends to look that nice in cockpit/first person gameplay :(

The city track sure does make importing Prologue pretty tempting though.

evolution

Bebpo said:
The city track looks somewhat comparable to that other game at double the framerate. Then again I never trust GT PR shots, as it never tends to look that nice in cockpit/first person gameplay :(

The city track sure does make importing Prologue pretty tempting though.
Other game at double the frame rate of GT? :lol You must mean half

Flo_Evans

SolidSnakex said:
I don't think so. At GC they said that it'd come later because they were trying to do things to make it better than anything else out there.

It already was :(

So for $50 you are basically going to get the demo with more cars and tracks. :(

Rody said:
New cars:

BMW M3, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Ferrari 599, Honda Integra Type R, Lotus Elise 111R, Suzuki Cappucino, Nissan 350Z (Fairlady Z Version S), Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT, Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept, Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT and Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur.

Wow.

Edit: The 350Z is called Fairlady Z in Japan. No big deal, though.

:D :D :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
These bullshots are starting to annoy me, the game seriously does not look that good in reality. I'm a giant GT fan but come on, it's nowhere near that crisp

kenta said:
These bullshots are starting to annoy me, the game seriously does not look that good in reality. I'm a giant GT fan but come on, it's nowhere near that crisp

Shockingly enough everyone knows this and it doesn't need to be pointed out in every thread.

kenta

Has no PEINS
SolidSnakex said:
Shockingly enough everyone knows this and it doesn't need to be pointed out in every thread.
apparently Mister Generation Gap up there needs to be educated

Neo 007

kenta said:
Awesome,played it have you? Why don't you give us a review then?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Neo 007 said:
Awesome,played it have you? Why don't you give us a review then?
I'm talking about the demo, no need to get defensive. Like I said, I'm a huge GT fan and will be there on day 1 if/when the Prologue hits North America and when the full game hits America, and I'll play them both to death. I'm just getting tired of seeing a game I won't actually play, it's a giant cocktease

kenta said:
apparently Mister Generation Gap up there needs to be educated

eh, the game looks clean enough though, it was the sparse nature of the track that didnt impressed...are you trying to say the city track doesnt look impressive....? I think it looks incredible, even in these cleaned IQ shots, if you compare the two tracks, the city track looks much more impressive regardless....so yeah, I agree that IQ isnt nearly that good, but I dont agree the game doesnt look impressive...it does. The cars look pretty much the same though.

nelsonroyale said:
eh, the game looks clean enough though, it was the sparse nature of the track that didnt impressed...are you trying to say the city track doesnt look impressive....? I think it looks incredible, even in these cleaned IQ shots, if you compare the two tracks, the city track looks much more impressive regardless....

It just goes to show that there was nothing wrong with Suzuka, that's just how it's meant to look. The city track looks so much better because you've got so much stuff around you.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Game looks insane. I don't like the bullshit AA either, but that is the only thing that's been added to the shots.

Nice to see actual grass in the mountain track. The London shots are absolutely amazing.

I've a few friends overseas wanting me to pick up some JPN PSN points for them, so they can download this on thursday... has Sony made any statements as to whether they're not allowing this? Or is the DL game region free?

nofi

marvelharvey said:
I've a few friends overseas wanting me to pick up some JPN PSN points for them, so they can download this on thursday... has Sony made any statements as to whether they're not allowing this? Or is the DL game region free?

No statements, and you'd be likely forced into using a Japanese PSN account to play it on.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
SolidSnakex said:
After seeing the London course I hope they bring back Costa di Amalfi as that was the best looking track in GT4.

vision-gt-20060117015741062.jpg

:D I mastered that damn track. One of the best in the game.

G Rom

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
So everyone has impported codes from NCSX?

Nope eBay...
NCX only offer 3000¥ cards. On eBay, guys have all of them (1000¥, 3000¥, 5000¥ and 10,000¥) !
And they send the code via e-mail too.

the_id

I have to wait for EU / Aussie release...

Oh, instant ban to those who start bringing arguments for or against Forza 2! Bitch about GT5 only girls!

nofi

G Rom said:
Nope eBay...
NCX only offer 3000¥ cards. On eBay, guys have all of them (1000¥, 3000¥, 5000¥ and 10,000¥) !
And they send the code via e-mail too.

How easy is to enter the code into the Japanese Store? I've asked the guy sending me the disk to send the code via email instead to save the 5 day wait for the courier.

Will the code definitely work on a PAL machine, or did I miss the thread? I don't mind the game being locked to my Japanese PSN ID.

Top Bottom