• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Dalauz

xin_16110323091040772508.jpg

Firewire

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Well without tuning you are pretty much going to have to run the same cars to make online racing fair. I guess you can do EVO vs. STI, but meh.

Any word on the US release of this BTW? IDK if I want to import. I imported GT1 and tourist trophy and GT concept but I like to be able to read what I am doing. I guess if there is no tuning though its going to be pretty strait forward.

Umm early February!

BeeDog

Ffs, where are all the impressions? I'm starting to get worried that nothing has been said at all about this game (not that I'm doubting the game itself, just wanna see if it's actually being released in two days with a good feature set).

IzumiK

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Well without tuning you are pretty much going to have to run the same cars to make online racing fair. I guess you can do EVO vs. STI, but meh.

Any word on the US release of this BTW? IDK if I want to import. I imported GT1 and tourist trophy and GT concept but I like to be able to read what I am doing. I guess if there is no tuning though its going to be pretty strait forward.

Like in real life, there are classes of race cars. So you want to tune some Corolla to be faster than a Lambo? Here's your ticket to retardedfest.

Metalmurphy said:
Thank god they don't.

Are you thanking the no US release of GT5P? Kaz had said there's no market for Prologue in the States.

Kbsmoker said:
wow that is it. Might have to pick up the g25 this weekend.

They are going to be making an official GT5 wheel, although it's not giong to come out until the real GT5. Kaz has said there's some things he'd change about the G25 so the official wheel will likely have those modifications.

USC-fan

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
They are going to be making an official GT5 wheel, although it's not giong to come out until the real GT5. Kaz has said there's some things he'd change about the G25 so the official wheel will likely have those modifications.
shit! i can't wait till next winter.... :(

Ceb

Baby Milo said:
yup just ordered 2 20 minutes ago and they sent me the codes through email

had no problems putting it in the PS3

Wow, had no idea they did that! Now I'm tempted to get some Japanese PSOne games...

antiloop

hie said:
...you can tune a car.

are people really arguing that tuning is undesirable now? :lol

It's not necessary to enjoy this game. If it comes with GT5 or in a prologue update I would use it though.

Nice to have feature, just like damage for some people.

hie

antiloop said:
It's not necessary to enjoy this game. If it comes with GT5 or in a prologue update I would use it though.

Nice to have feature, just like damage for some people.

long time fans of the series like myself sure enjoy it.

these games used to cater to car nuts...

hie said:
long time fans of the series like myself sure enjoy it.

these games used to cater to car nuts...
Used to ? Is that some ellaborate stealth trolling or what? Every GT game has tuning, and GT5 is no different from the rest. Prologue is a different matter alltogether. It most probably doesn't have a GT mode, just arcade and license tests, which will work just like in any pther GT since GT2.

Flo_Evans

IzumiK said:
Like in real life, there are classes of race cars. So you want to tune some Corolla to be faster than a Lambo? Here's your ticket to retardedfest.

WTF are you talking about? I thought it was pretty clear I wanted to be able to tune the cars to make them more even for online racing :lol There isn't even any corrolas or lambos in the game...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
SolidSnakex said:

:(.
i was gonna buy G25 in 2 weeks, now i kinda dont want to anymore.

Oneself

KillJade said:
What is the name of that song??? I loved the GT2 intro just because of that song!

My favorite game by The Cardigans (album: Gran Turismo .. and one of the best albums of the 90s)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SolidSnakex said:
:lol
I swear you are the unofficial hype man for this new wheel coming out. You've must of mentioned it a dozen times, telling people not to get the g25 and to wait. Not that it's a bad thing, just an observation of mine. :p

hie said:
...you can tune a car.

are people really arguing that tuning is undesirable now? :lol

:lol the whole essence of Gran Turismo is you buy a car, tune it, test it, retune, retest. Continue until you have achieved perfection. Then own the computers. Now with GT5 we're able to own others. :D

I'm probably going to try to hold off for the english prologue, otherwise either snap and buy the japenese one, or manage to wait for the actual game.

Steering wheel wise, I've already said it before the G25 and GT25 (GT5 branded G25) will be identical and probably only have a logo. That being said I think I've seen the G25 located in certain Toronto spots for around $250 CAD. Which until I get a hold of the actual game is too pricey. As I can stick with my Logitech GT4 wheel for the time being.

Also every screenshot/video I see I want this game more and more.

Final comment, that comercial is awesome, every relative I show don't believe it's a game because it looks this good. We've all played it and this is one game that looks like the videos. Not to mention no other fanboys can hate it, :D there is only love for this game (heart)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ah f*ck it, ill get the G25, i dont have a good ps2/3 wheel and burnout is coming next month, i have motorstorm and RR7 as well. IF the new gt5 wheel is "better" ill get it and use the g25 on pc :p

USC-fan

Banned
Tiduz said:
ah f*ck it, ill get the G25, i dont have a good ps2/3 wheel and burnout is coming next month, i have motorstorm and RR7 as well. IF the new gt5 wheel is "better" ill get it and use the g25 on pc :p
Yeah i just brought the g25. I found it for $185 + shipping!

I really want to try it with f1, i hope it gets updated soon so it works!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Double H said:
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1, with up to 16 when online

yummy.

JIZZTASTICS: Full (Upscaled) 1080p resolution — 60fps in game/30fps replay

what? in a recent SCEA interview i watched the guy was bragging over the top about the true 1080p! at that time it did sound rather unbelievable to me. oh, well, PR guys, get your shit straight!

RELEASE DATE:

Japan: 13th December 2007
Asia: 21st December 2007

damn, and i'm still (JPN-white) ps3-less.

sex.

Online Car Dealer
Fully integrated into GT5P, car manufacturers will be able to delivers news, and promotional videos to players.

pd, take that shit outta my racer!

..too late - i can't believe they spent precious PD development time on this. what a waste.. at the same time, gt mobile is nowhere on the horizon. great, just marvelous.

Double H

blu said:
Double H said:
JIZZTASTICS: Full (Upscaled) 1080p resolution — 60fps in game/30fps replay
what? in a recent SCEA interview i watched the guy was bragging over the top about the true 1080p! at that time it did sound rather unbelievable to me. oh, well, PR guys, get your shit straight!

I added the note encase the tin foil hats got their knickers in a twist.

“OMG, HALO 3 runs at 640p!!!!!!!11111111eleventy–billion”.

Although the GT5P demo might’ve been able to output a pseudo 1080p signal, it still suffered from tearing and an inconsistence frame rate. I guess 1080p is no more than a PR bullet point, and a really important one for such a showcase title.

blu said:
Double H said:
Online Car Dealer
Fully integrated into GT5P, car manufacturers will be able to delivers news, and promotional videos to players.

..too late - i can't believe they spent precious PD development time on this. what a waste.. at the same time, gt mobile is nowhere on the horizon. great, just marvelous.

6tkqk3l.jpg

Just like GT4 with B-spec and photomode, you can’t please everyone…

PD has a team of at least 90 people, it’s not like they all stopped working just to implement this.

Oh and GT Mobile was just a ruse to get everyone to buy a PSP, it doesn’t officially exist outside of box art mockups.

Meh.

blu said:

That stuff is far more important to what GT is all about than GTMobile is or would be. It's all about making the car enthusiast happy.

Kittonwy

Banned
blu said:
yummy.

damn, and i'm still (JPN-white) ps3-less.

sex.

They need more revenue, if the car manufacturer thing can provide that then more power to them, it's relevant to the game anyway.

GT5 Prologue is simply a much higher priority than GT PSP.

6u81a1t.jpg

8e5w9qc.jpg

8aexch0.jpg

73b6wb5.jpg

7xl6o7p.jpg

The 2 additional tracks in Prologue are Eiger and London.

It also appears that they added the tint to the windshields that some were asking for.

Looking at the official site it looks like the game won't ship with online play but they'll have it ready in downloadable form on the 25th along with a bunch of other stuff.

Flo_Evans

SolidSnakex said:
Looking at the official site it looks like the game won't ship with online play but they'll have it ready in downloadable form on the 25th along with a bunch of other stuff.

Please tell me you just made this up.

Top Bottom