• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
Crewnh said:
dear god. how many title changes has this thread had?:lol

A few. Why? who's asking? What do you know? who have you been talking to? we demand answers. o.0!

:lol

On a more releastic note, the local blockbuster front desk guy said, that they haven't had that many preorders for gt 5 comparatively speaking. He didn't look like a manager or anything, so I don't know how he would even know. But that it was on a similiar level to the new AC game coming out, and not on cod levels. He also said for those who care, that they've run out of ps3 copies of cod, whereas they still have x360 copies left. But that they had ordered more x360 copies and sold more as well. So there you go. Oh and he had no idea when Gt was coming out. He said, it was supposed to come out on nov 2nd, apparently, but something happened, he wasn't sure what, only that it would come out soon enough. :p

@above:There you have it. This ain't no viral marketing people. Move along.

ps. beginning to get the hate for the word 'soon'.

Getting caught up with this thread is about as convoluted as side-questing in Final Fantasy XIII. Can someone help?

what did Sony do

why is there no date yet

is GT5 a game or a myth?

brandonh83 said:
Getting caught up with this thread is about as convoluted as side-questing in Final Fantasy XIII. Can someone help?

what did Sony do

why is there no date yet

is GT5 a game or a myth?
Take the blue pill

dwebo

donkey show said:
I was talking to one of the Sony PR guys about some LBP2 stuff today and I mentioned GT5 to him. He was so relieved he wasn't assigned that game. :lol
Yeah, the Sony PR guys attached to GT5 must be overworked to death. While we bitch and moan, they're probably pulling 80 hour weeks, sleeping on cots in their offices, writing all those press releases.

Despera

Banned
brandonh83 said:

what did Sony do

why is there no date yet

is GT5 a game or a myth?

Well we know the game is coming out sometime soon. November 24th probably, at least for EU territories.

...These are dark times, times where a megaton title like GT5 comes out with no ads or an even release date.

dwebo

RustyNails said:
Fuck this I'm raiding the PSblog comments with or without Mush's axe
I just noticed they have this at the end of their latest blog post:

It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with questions/requests regarding the localization and/or release of unrelated games
:lol

Ashes1396 said:
It was one stupid blockbuster, but it was in London for the record...
Same story in the UK. Nothing touches CoD now.

weekend_warrior said:
Was it hard to understand? The best selling (heavily bundled) GT game did 7m in its lifetime in the US. MW2 did that in less than two months.

Despera

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
So is there anything new from this time last night?

Ezalc said:
nown.jpg

Rainier

Psychotext said:
Was it hard to understand? The best selling (heavily bundled) GT game did 7m in its lifetime in the US. MW2 did that in less than two months.
In before: But it's waaay more popular in Europe...

Mush

It's like Sony are trying to forget GT5 like it's a cancer or an unwanted pregnancy. Don't you guys get it? I WANT YOUR BABIES

Rainier

I wanna be there at PD's annual Christmas party, and watch the dinner rolls fly towards the head table as a Sony rep gets up to make his speech.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The big boys are talking about GT, leave the MW talk next to the unattended pre-teen who's Mother is preparing another bong rip.

I play MW too :p

beast786

I think they are waiting for the review copies and reviews. In this age, the score helps the PR. And I think once the sites have there copies and some time.

Ashes

Banned
Psychotext said:
Same story in the UK. Nothing touches CoD now.

Yeah I agree. Poses up an interesting comparison though. When you thinking about it Assassins Creed sells pretty nicely as well. Maybe we should compare Gt5 sales predictions to that instead.

Amir0x

Banned
Kagari said:
Said people are too busy buying Black Ops to care. :x

BUT I DON'T CARE ABOUT CALL OF DUTY!

So what about me, Kagari!? What about Amir0x's needs? Oh yeah, I forgot, Sony is getting back at me for fucking calling the PlayStation brand dead. Jesus christ Sony, alright, fine whatever the PlayStation brand isn't "dead." It's, uh, languishing and just wanting for Gran Turismo 5 to come out. Yes, so as you can see you need to bring out Gran Turismo 5.

WELL FUCK YOU TOO THEN DAMN

this is like the way Nintendo has been torturing me for years over Pikmin 3. So sue me, I called Nintendogs and Brain Training shitty. You gonna hold it over my head forever, Nintendo!? Oh sure Miyamoto is working on it with a "small staff", who knows when they'll be ready to go full steam ahead!

Fuck you fuck you FUCK YOU

i-Lo

Imagine if Top Gear would have been on right now then they would have premièred it on their show with Top Gear Test Track.... shame the show got pushed back to next year.....

Some say he has the power to call the shots on BBC now
And because of his transgression against oath of secrecy the show is now delayed

He is of course, The Stig.. No More!

PS: I don't know why the show got delayed and hence am only speculating).

Fuck releasing this game in stores, Sony is going to have The Stig whip past your house doing 120 kph and hit you square in the face with your copy to make up for this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom