• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mush

saladine1 said:
Like I said, it's not the biggest deal but there are 800 or so standard vehicles and i'm in the group that will use these cars. I just hope that they won't be limited too much when it comes to customization/upgrades/tuning as opposed to the premiums.
Well since Standard cars aren't excluded from being Race modified, the rims issue doesn't bother me much.

Cigol

If you notice there is no Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenge we are probably able to unlock special events - perhaps once you've completed the Top Gear challenge you get to challenge the Stig.

Either way I'm struggling to understand why anyone cares when the important thing - the track itself - is in the game front and center. Who cares whether they've modelled the Stig or not, I mean really? It's a model in another car that you're not driving :lol

-viper-

Banned
BeeDog said:
Is it known whether or not modifications to the premium cars will be graphically reflected in-game in any way?
You can add visual modifications. Body kits, spoilers, hoods etc.

I hope using weight reduction kits updates accordingly when using the cockpit view though - if that is what you mean.

BeeDog

-viper- said:
You can add visual modifications. Body kits, spoilers, hoods etc.

I hope using weight reduction kits updates accordingly when using the cockpit view though - if that is what you mean.

That's exactly what I mean. I really hope this is reflected, because I haven't seen this confirmed/denied yet.

BeeDog said:
That's exactly what I mean. I really hope this is reflected, because I haven't seen this confirmed/denied yet.

Having you played Prologue? Do you know the cars that you find in the Gran Turismo manufacturer? That's how a car is going to look after you do a racing modification on it. So everything is going to change, the interior and the exterior.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
Having you played Prologue? Do you know the cars that you find in the Gran Turismo manufacturer? That's how a car is going to look after you do a racing modification on it. So everything is going to change, the interior and the exterior.

Yes, I have played Prologue, and yes, I know the GT-branded cars (<3 the GT40). I just wanted some 'proof' that our own modifications will visually change the (premium) cars. :)

Well, those are race modified versions that you saw in Prologue. So the cockpits do change. And the original AMG Special Event showed a SLS AMG with a huge spoiler on it. So you're definitely going to be able to see the modifications done on your car.

Despera

Banned
faridmon said:
Read the title, don't understand whats going on. could someone fill me in?

GT5 is already out in some European country, and yet game doesn't have even release date. Every single video and news update, no matter how trivial, is a BIG DEAL. GT fans rage as Sony stays silent.

That's all you need to know.

Goooood Morning GT5 Gaf, wow a lot of new pages since going to bed last night. I wonder if that means big news? *clicks* Hmm ok never mind, we have now entered the Stig-Gate saga part of the thread.

How fucking woefully ironic. Two of my all time favorite car related joys, Top Gear and Gran Turismo pitted against each other in the smelly sweaty proverbial pit of a GAF thread.

Thanks Sony. Any other two things I love you want to have ruin each other? Oh wait never mind you already did, the internet and my sanity.

Jilt

Okay enough about the Stig, conspiracy theory... :lol

One other thing I remember at the press conference I attended, was that I asked when the commercials and stuff like that were goping to happen.
He (the guy from Sony) said it would start the moment that GT5 hit the shelves.

This I thought was a bit late, but he said is was usual practice.

Well, is it??

Figures the brits would be talking about The Stig during the night.

Morning shift is here, back to investigating this whole release date situation.

DoctorWho said:
Figures the brits would be talking about The Stig during the night.

Morning shift is here, back to investigating this whole release date situation.

lol, right on. Hopefully today is the day we get some concrete info. Believe.

darkwing

Jilt said:
Okay enough about the Stig, conspiracy theory... :lol

One other thing I remember at the press conference I attended, was that I asked when the commercials and stuff like that were goping to happen.
He (the guy from Sony) said it would start the moment that GT5 hit the shelves.

This I thought was a bit late, but he said is was usual practice.

Well, is it??

Sony PR, the Best!

saladine1

Well, basically
hv8ihe.jpg

;
to us all

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
YES YES!
Citroen 2CV (Standard)
fn5s3k.jpg

RELEASE IT NAAAAOOOO !!

lunlunqq

Just received an email from Amazon regarding my GT5 pre-order. Said they've received updates from the publisher itself. What the heck?

Hello from Amazon.com.

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on July 01 2010 (Order# 002-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition"
Release date: December 31 2010
Estimated arrival date: January 12 2011 - January 18 2011

If you would like to learn more about pre-ordering video games from Amazon.com, including when you can expect to receive your new video game, please visit our help page (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Metalmurphy said:
:lol

Sony guy: Shit! We need to reschedule GT5 printing in the factory
Press guy: Don't worry about it! We'll take care of it
*Two Worlds II*
Press guy: Done!
Sony guy: Sweet!
:lol

And another day passes in the GT5 release date saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom