• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
GodofWine said:
This delay made me pre-order Black Ops...you don't know how mad that makes me...

(but then I cancelled it when I came to my senses).

Im predicting Nov 30th...I feel it!!!

I officially anounced that days ago. I'm just waiting for Sony to announce it.

Wazzim

Banned
Just watched the video's, looks pretty good. Won't believe anything now though, woke up on 5:00AM for work to see the mood being shitty from the disaster yesterday, come back from school this afternoon and someone is playing the game wtf.

Omiee

DoctorWho said:
Can you quote it here?

I can't access that site from work.

caperingsil.png

Wow, 16 hours later and the shit is still hitting the fan.

All I care about is getting the collector's edition (EU) at release with the pre-order car. And as it seems to be sold out over here, I'd rather have it later than sooner.:lol

Well, I'm off playing Dead Nation.

Omiee

Kagari said:
This is hilarious, but you guys will be happy soon enough.

do you know something we dont.
anyway lets hope what amare said will happen and they decide to give us a release date tomorrow since the freaking game is already on the street and 2 copies are being sold again today on that site

btw guys all of this will be forgotten as soon as we have the game in our hands

offshore

DoctorWho said:
What's that green thing doing to that red thing?
It's GAF's collective fist punching Sony so hard in the chest that Sony's chest has now hideously deformed. Sony then falls to the floor gasping for breath.

eso76

gutterboy44 said:
I think this all may be a scam by the CR to increase tourism to their country.

gorgeous and extremely friendly girls were not enough ?

And YESTERDAY wouldn't be "soon enough" at this point.

seattle6418 said:
It´s a fitting end for 6 years of bullshit, stupid decisions and complete miss management.

The game to leak before their PR plan.

It had to.

I think it´s perfect to teach Soony a lesson. It can´t be their strategy because overall it hurts the brand image too much. No company would like to be seen by it´s fans the way Soony is right now.

Now they will continue to fumble along and i bet they will wait one or two days to annouce something.

----------

Video reassures us that standard and premium cars can race togheter. The Peugeut GTi is standard, and the Mini is a premium, so i´m glad to see that.
applauds.

glaurung

The title of the game might as well be: Gran Turismo 5 - Soon

The joke being that since the title does not change, the game is never coming out. Instead it is always soon.

NHale

Corto said:
Such a tease! The local Fnac (big euro retail chain) already set the GT5 demo station... I almost skipped a beat when I saw it from distance...

20101108-mm3e8u92pjk4699du97d5c8jd7.jpg

I asked my friend that works in FNAC Colombo and he said that the demo pods were agreed with Sony to coincide with the original release date that was supposed to be last week :(

FNAC only installs demo pods in the week of release but unfortunately this isn't a sign that GT5 is coming soon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SolidSnakex said:
I really hate that word as it really means nothing when it comes to this game.

Sony's silence on the whole thing is really stupid, unless they want to make sure everything's in place before they announce the new date.

Just an aside, I was looking for something new to play, browsing through stuff on PSN. How is it possible neither the original GT or GT2 are on PSN as PSOne Classics? I'd totally download GT1 or 2 if they were up.

V_Arnold

Kagari said:
Sony's silence on the whole thing is really stupid, unless they want to make sure everything's in place before they announce the new date.

But.....
They have been doing this game for 3 generations now. They have released countless games. There is just no justification to being silent. Or what, they prey sabouteurs wont blow up the Blu-Ray factories and THEN when they got all the copies, they announce the date? This is not how it should work, with a game like this.

Not like it will matter once the game is released, but still. Dumb.

Senua

Gold Member
DidntKnowJack said:
Just an aside, I was looking for something new to play, browsing through stuff on PSN. How is it possible neither the original GT or GT2 are on PSN as PSOne Classics? I'd totally download GT1 or 2 if they were up.
is it that hard to order off ebay? you can get both games for next to nothing on there

Kagari said:

I don't know what the hell they're waiting for. The fact that the game is actually being sold by people and not just one copy but multiple copies should scare the shit out of them. It's their biggest game and it's already being sold before they've even announced a release date.

The Gran Turismo 5 Crazy train will now be making express stops. I repeat the train will now be making express stops.
1yl4kx.jpg

This is how I cope

DonMigs85

DidntKnowJack said:
My guess is licensing issues with some of the manufacturers or maybe the music tracks.

DidntKnowJack said:

Would bet £100 its down to rights with the music tracks and cars/courses.

Edit: The Don is too fast

ACH1LL3US

Fender_Uk said:
why on earth would you get flamed for asking that

I see some people get flamed for not reading an entire thread and asking an obvious question like I just did. Just wasnt sure if the game offered custom soundtrack, but now that I know thats half the battle :)

Omiee said:
watch sony pull an apple tomorrow and tell us we can either expect it this week or the next

I'm thinking that too but it could backfire if they don't have their marketing in place. I still think it will sell huge either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom