• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loudninja said:
5157279910_7175858f05_b-1.jpg
What?

DonMigs85 said:
"Human Stopwatch - Complete three consecutive laps with times within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time - bronze"
Wow, that's gonna require some serious precision driving.

Nah, that'll be a cakewalk with a Kart on the Piazza course.

monocromo

gutterboy44 said:
I woke up this morning with no expectations of GT5 trophies, yet I find myself clamoring for those hidden trophies! This is cruel, no other word describes it.

Hidden Trophy: Archive level 50 on online races.

NHale

Omiee said:

Without the hidden trophies it's 49 bronze, 2 silver, 2 gold and 1 platinum. The only way it isn't fake is if all the 6 hidden trophies are bronzes, so the total amount of points for GT5 would be 1245. I believe that's the maximum number of points allowed (without DLC), but only 2 games reached that number (PAIN and Medal of Honor).

And now I'm analyzing the total amount of points for the trophies of a game to see if anyone has the game. Sony is trying to kill me with this GT5 shenanigans.

DonMigs85 said:
"Human Stopwatch - Complete three consecutive laps with times within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time - bronze"
Wow, that's gonna require some serious precision driving.
Ferrari 2007 on Daytona.

spats

21 – Car Collector – Fill your Garage with 1000 cars - bronze

already my favourite, and I really appreciate the fact that it's bronze.

Bobo

Goldrusher said:
Have fun with this one:

Gold Standard
Get a gold trophy in every race event, license test and special event
Ahhh... Might as well shave my hair off now rather than tear it out trying to get that. :lol

RankoSD

1000 cars in garage for bronze?!?!
It would take months of gaming just for that and only a bronze?
I call fake, we know that online will be big and I'm sure that there must be a big bunch of trophies dedicated just for online...

Damn, it turns out the list is legit...

Sealda

Banned
This is bound to happen when you start printing the game without even having a release date. Seriously, is it not a bit too late to start the PR engines? I cannot believe they will let this hugely anticipated monster title get released in Q4 when they have not even stated a release date. Why not just postpone it till March and give it a good PR campaign instead or maybe save it till next christmas? ( no, i am not trolling, i am talking from a Sony perspective rather than a gamer perspective).

It feels like instead of having the tire blow out you have the tire loose air slowly slowly...

Although i must say so far the campaign for GT5 have been very good! Been on all big car messes etc. I think they have gotten the word out but what i lack is that grande final PR thing? Maybe its coming?

RankoSD said:
1000 cars in garage for bronze?!?!
It would take months of gaming just for that and only a bronze?
I call fake, we know that online will be big and I'm sure that there must be a big bunch of trophies dedicated just for online...

Going to guess all the hidden trophies are online one's, win your first race, reach level 10/20/30/40/50 would be a safe bet.

Sealda said:
This is bound to happen when you start printing the game without even having a release date. Seriously, is it not a bit too late to start the PR engines? I cannot believe they will let this hugely anticipated monster title get released in Q4 when they have not even stated a release date. Why not just postpone it till March and give it a good PR campaign instead or maybe save it till next christmas? ( no, i am not trolling, i am talking from a Sony perspective rather than a gamer perspective).

It feels like instead of having the tire blow out you have the tire loose air slowly slowly...

Even when they had the Novemeber release date down they didn't start doing any PR at all, either they knew all along their date was total bullshit or that this game will sell itself, all they need to do is throw the game on the shelves and it will be gone in milliseconds.

Edit: I do think they should do PR tho obviously and agree with the fact it deserves to be hyped beyond everything else.

I know this is a bit pointless and I am thrilled about the trophy list, but I would have liked to see some more organic trophies.

Slap Happy - "recover from your first tank slapper"
11's - " lay a skidmark over 100m"
Towing in the Wind - "Draft behind another car for over 10 seconds."
In the Red - "win a race with all tyres in red condition"

Stuff like that which would naturally happen. Just my opinion.

NHale

Despera said:
How much exactly is "insane amount of money" to get the Loony Tunes trophy. Not specific enough.

775 Million USD! Kaz is a fan of the Bombcast. The trophy icon is a picture of Leigh Alexander.

shuri

Banned
This is the weirdest thing ever, what's going on at Sony's management? Why the silence? why the mystery? The game is obviously printed, that czech dude is playing it.. Just whats going on? Does the game has some sort of massive security flaw that was discovered? It's kind of obvious that the game became a huge weight on sony with all the ridiculous delays, but stil..

AndyD

aka andydumi
kyo_daikun said:
Even when they had the Novemeber release date down they didn't start doing any PR at all, either they knew all along their date was total bullshit or that this game will sell itself, all they need to do is throw the game on the shelves and it will be gone in milliseconds.

Edit: I do think they should do PR tho obviously and agree with the fact it deserves to be hyped beyond everything else.

They'll probably put it on shelves, let the avid fans buy it, replenish the shelves within a week or two, then advertise to everyone. That way there are enough copies for when the masses start picking it up and it time for Xmas rush. No point in mega advertising then its all sold out day 1. The casuals may forget.

DonMigs85

shuri said:
This is the weirdest thing ever, what's going on at Sony's management? Why the silence? why the mystery? The game is obviously printed, that czech dude is playing it.. Just whats going on? Does the game has some sort of massive security flaw that was discovered? It's kind of obvious that the game became a huge weight on sony with all the ridiculous delays, but stil..
Like others have said, it could be one of the pre-3.50 copies (which should have been destroyed) that escaped into the wild somehow.

Despera

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
I know this is a bit pointless and I am thrilled about the trophy list, but I would have liked to see some more organic trophies.

Slap Happy - "recover from your first tank slapper"
11's - " lay a skidmark over 100m"
Towing in the Wind - "Draft behind another car for over 10 seconds."
In the Red - "win a race with all tyres in red condition"

Stuff like that which would naturally happen. Just my opinion.

true

offshore

shuri said:
This is the weirdest thing ever, what's going on at Sony's management? Why the silence? why the mystery? The game is obviously printed, that czech dude is playing it.. Just whats going on?
I think Sony really want to do a "released and in stores today!" surprise announcement...but it's all going horribly wrong.

DonMigs85 said:
Like others have said, it could be one of the pre-3.50 copies (which should have been destroyed) that escaped into the wild somehow.

As far as we know, the pre 3.50 copies were never printed to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom