• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

I'm not watching that intro....man don't yall want to see the intro for the first time on yall's Glorious HD Screens?

this is like holding out on fucking for a long time to prove a point...but the first nasty bitch that comes by you waste the built up nut on her.... save that shit man for the SEXY CHICK!

I did not expect this to happen in all my 3 years of being a person where Gran Turismo 5 was my most anticipated game ever.

I decided to spend my money I was going to spend on GT5 on a game I don't like that much, and on PC - Black Ops.

I'm thinking Sony is having real trouble right now working out what deals they can do to get adverts out there at the right time after cancelling their previous arrangements. They have to figure out what to do about reviews and when they should embargo them.

What the fuck is happening?! (At least this will make for some nice history to talk about in the future.)

commedieu

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
You don't think that Sony is frustrated also? They're losing tons of revenue for this quarter every day this game is not out, and the consumers are angry. No company wants that. But spamming the blog (Which we all know the important people at Sony don't read) for other games that other gamers do care about, consequently disrupting the communication between those developers and their consumers seems hypocritical for people who just want a little comunication, no?

No one is thinking ceos are reading the blog, but its the only source of communication, as misdirected as it is, with sony. I don't care what Sony's feeling or being frustrated about, I would possibly care if it was communicated with us, however its not. I had vacation time blown due to the false release. As many have. Its something I've been looking forward to since I purchased their Playstation 3 for 700 dollars. I buy all games, including Modnation. But people are angry. And they haven't been dealt with in any manor of a respectable/professional way.

In this single instance, of Gran Turismo 5's release & news/communication. Its not hypocritical to bombard their blog with conversations about a release date, when they've missed several opportunities to deal with the 'internets' in a civil/professional way. People are devolving to sad examples of life, but its just due to how anticipated the titles release is, and how amazingly frustrated people are.

I haven't posted anything on the blog. But I definitely understand the reasons for it, and I don't agree that its affecting any of the non-polyphony developers there, who also benefit from the GT5 owner. These guys know whats going on, and they are answering the questions which are highlighted in red.

dwebo

Afrikan said:
I'm not watching that intro....man don't yall want to see the intro for the first time on yall's Glorious HD Screens?

this is like holding out on fucking for a long time to prove a point...but the first nasty bitch that comes by you waste the built up nut on her.... save that shit man for the SEXY CHICK!
Terrible analogy. :lol Let me splooge on the crappy cell phone videos now, so I can properly appreciate GT5 in all its HD glory.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Happy Phantom said:
this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen
Mainly due to the ravenous fanbase really. GT fans want that game with a passion. Nothing more than that really.

Afrikan said:
man don't yall want to see the intro for the first time on yall's Glorious HD Screens?

Not with shitty My Chemical Romance playing with that glorious video montage by PD.

Might as well watch it now muted and get it over with. Once the game comes out whenever, just skip that shit and play 5 days straight with no sleep >_<

dwebo

Metalmurphy said:
I gotta say... the discrepancy between standard and premium during a race is actually NOT that bad. I'm fine with it.
I imagine it'll be a lot more noticeable in HD in front of your face, but yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic too.

UFRA

LiquidMetal14 said:
Mainly due to the ravenous fanbase really. GT fans want that game with a passion. Nothing more than that really.

Actually, Sony's way of handling all of this right now is pretty shitty.

They never tell us concrete information, it's always vague and useless. Like "soon" and "holiday season".

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
KaYotiX said:
It's Sony....enough said. This game has been a huge joke for the last 2 years. I hope it gets delayed again so I can see everyone explode :D

I still want it but I have zero hype for it anymore like I had 2 months ago

The longer the wait, the higher you fly to heaven.

keuja

why the hell would they post the trophy list first? Seriously who cares
Show us the tracks, the standard cars and the customization stuff!

keuja said:

I dont blame them. If I was in their position, I can care less about the internet and will just spend all this time playing instead :lol

But alas, I'm on the other side of the coin, so I want info ;_;

keuja said:

Im assuming someone just added him as a friend and compared with him and got them.

UFRA

keuja said:

Well, a trophy list is a solid way of proving it's a real game and not a demo................

Dartastic

jett said:
Sony needs to fire everyone involved in this bullshit.
Basically. This is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of. Such a major fuck up. Don't know where the major breakdown really occurred, but you better believe someone's ass is getting fired. Why did they need to update the title to the latest firmware compliance standard again? Was it a piracy issue? Once they realized they had to do that, they should have adjusted the release date accordingly. Fixing shit like that is NOT complicated, and it should have only really delayed the title by two weeks, at most.
Happy Phantom said:
this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen
...yeah. Hahah.

Dartastic said:
Basically. This is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of. Such a major fuck up. Don't know where the major breakdown really occurred, but you better believe someone's ass is getting fired. Why did they need to update the title to the latest firmware compliance standard again? Was it a piracy issue?

Yeah piracy issues, if it was on the old firmware everyone who didnt update their PS3's would just share it about.

Dartastic

Flek said:
so you missed the ps3 slim leaks ? Or the iphone4 prototype leak?
That shit's not weird. What's weird is a major game being finished, fixed for what I assume are minor issues that have no end user impact, then having the game somehow get into the wild without even having a release date. Leaks happen all the time for hardware. This is a completely different story.
kyo_daikun said:
Yeah piracy issues, if it was on the old firmware everyone who didnt update their PS3's would just share it about.
I can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not. Obviously though, someone wants their copy of GT5. :lol

K.Sabot

T3FVT.jpg

:lol

Saw this on SA.

Flek

Banned
Dartastic said:
That shit's not weird. What's weird is a major game being finished, fixed for what I assume are minor issues that have no end user impact, then having the game somehow get into the wild without even having a release date. Leaks happen all the time for hardware. This is a completely different story.

Is it a completely different story? Just think of it, what could this be?

a) viral marketing

b) finished copies that got "lost/stolen" on there way to the retailers

c) stolen copies direclty from the factory

d) old copies of the game, from before the firmware patch

e) press copies

As much as this thread has turned stupid, I agree with everyone who is flabbergasted at Sony's incompetence. How can you have leaked retail copies of a game without a release date? What a failure on the part of Sony.

Elios83

Why don't you just relax, yes it's true that many people seem to be playing the game already while you don't even know the release date :lol :lol :lol , but that's actually a really fascinating turn of events and if the copies are already out probably the game will arrive sooner than expected (last week of November?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom