• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

chubigans said:
It always makes me kinda happy to see an image of mine circle back around to GAF. :D
GAF>Internet>Gaf is quite popular these days, found it funny to see it elsewhere. Even saw some people shit themselves over it.

marathonfool said:
As much as this thread has turned stupid, I agree with everyone who is flabbergasted at Sony's incompetence. How can you have leaked retail copies of a game without a release date? What a failure on the part of Sony.

Surprise launch? One night of sleep will make everything ok...

Dartastic

Flek said:
Is it a completely different story? Just think of it, what could this be?

a) viral marketing

b) finished copies that got "lost/stolen" on there way to the retailers

c) stolen copies direclty from the factory

d) old copies of the game, from before the firmware patch

e) press copies

A)Doubt it.
B)Possible.
C)Also possible.
D)Once again, ALSO possible.
E)No. Definitely not. The press don't get copies that are essentially consumer products.

So yeah, it is a totally completely different story. I doubt that the iPhone leak was intentional for marketing (it's an Apple product, they don't need to do that shit) and the PS3 leak was the same kind of bullshit. Viral marketing for those products via "leaks" just wouldn't make sense, just like "leaks" for this game don't make sense. B, C, and D all share the same theme though. A FINISHED product. The fact that there still is no release date even though the game is completely finished makes this utterly ridiculous. This game could, as the videos have shown, be in your hands NOW. Someone along the line fucked up, and this monumental breakdown in communication occurred.

Feorax

Absoludacrous said:
If they were ready to launch it in any form, you'd have cell phone pics of crates of the game sitting in walmarts and best buys.

well that does seem to be the next logical step in this farce. Expect to see this before friday :p

Flek

Banned
Dartastic said:
E)No. Definitely not. The press don't get copies that are essentially consumer products.

actually they do. EA & Ubisoft are sending every press copy as a normal consumer version here

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
UFRA said:
Actually, Sony's way of handling all of this right now is pretty shitty.

They never tell us concrete information, it's always vague and useless. Like "soon" and "holiday season".
All of that is amplified by the base of fans. Delays and silence are hard to handle not matter what. This thread has become quite funny the last few days.

Hydrargyrus

cambiata2.gif

Zoink

Someone in Czech needs to post a review instead of mincing about uploading intro vids, it might shame Sony into relaxing the embargo. Who am I kidding.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Dartastic said:
They do that in Europe? Weird. It's not that way in the USA...

Every press copy of a game I've ever received has been a final retail copy, and I'm in the USA. (Only Nintendo games, though.)

Xater

Dartastic said:
They do that in Europe? Weird. It's not that way in the USA...

I can confirm that EA does it. The Ubisoft games I got though were all in these cases that singles come in.

dwebo

Damn, don't all need to quote the gif :lol

Maybe your shifting speed increases as you reach higher driving ranks?

-viper-

Banned
AdvanS13 said:
smooth operator. kills me its this slow. "this is how you do third". even the gear indicator switched before his hand was on the knob.
I think the animation kicks in as soon as you shift up in manual. Should be faster though. Would prefer it like that, as opposed to the game trying to 'guess' when you would shift, where the animations would look shit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dwebo said:
Damn, don't all need to quote the gif :lol

Maybe your shifting speed increases as you reach higher driving ranks?

Maybe fast shifting is a perk. omg GT5 is now Call of Duty.

Absoludacrous said:
If they were ready to launch it in any form, you'd have cell phone pics of crates of the game sitting in walmarts and best buys.

Well, they need to land in several countries first. Like all of you, I would like to know when to expect my copy of the game. It just seems that Sony doesn't want to say anything before they really can guarantee meeting a release date.

Anyway, it'll show up and we will definitely no more before the end of the week.

Edit: nice gif!

Dartastic

Xater said:
I can confirm that EA does it. The Ubisoft games I got though were all in these cases that singles come in.
What the crap? Maybe I'm just monumentally wrong then... all my interactions with reviewable builds have been burned disks that are only playable on dev kits. Huh. Oh well! The fact remains though, someone, somewhere fucked up BAD. :lol

Xater

Fistwell said:
AFK for the last 36hrs. This thread moved 20 pages.
Lemme guess.... still no release date?

No release yet, but we have lots of internet drama! Enjoy your stay!

Dartastic said:
What the crap? Maybe I'm just monumentally wrong then... all my interactions with reviewable builds have been burned disks that are only playable on dev kits. Huh. Oh well! The fact remains though, someone, somewhere fucked up BAD. :lol

Konami also sends out retail copies here but they like to plaset "press copy" all over the game and the case. ;)

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Melfice7 said:
so proper that the driver doesnt press the clutch :}
in prologue your hand would go near the shifter pre-redline to anticipate the shift, but it was always out of picture and not a bother. just a replay view though, not like i will be staring at it.

ferrari f1 at least had fast paddle shift animations, though.

thuway

There are some things about this thread that are still making me laugh:

1. Che actually thinks its a good idea to talk about racing games on Neogaf.
2. Sony still doesn't have a community manager.
3. They are working on GT6.

That is all.

Goldrusher

Zoink said:
Someone in Czech needs to post a review instead of mincing about uploading intro vids, it might shame Sony into relaxing the embargo. Who am I kidding.
You can't lift an embargo if the press doesn't even have the game yet...

Flek said:
Is it a completely different story? Just think of it, what could this be?

a) viral marketing

b) finished copies that got "lost/stolen" on there way to the retailers

c) stolen copies direclty from the factory

d) old copies of the game, from before the firmware patch

e) press copies

I´d guess c.

I think Sony has a manufacturing plant in Salzburg Austria, which is pretty close to the Chez republic.

-viper-

Banned
GT5 will probably be the hardest game to platinum alongside Wipeout HD.

I'll probably be lucky to achieve 50% of them.

Gold in all races, tests, challenges?
1000 cars?
12,000km?
Car with 300,000km?

very grind like

Flek

Banned
Dartastic said:

you are talkling about PREVIEW Copys. I got some for ps2 back in the days, one publisher used to send them to us even though we didn´t have a dev kit and could not use them. Those are really just "burned disks" - they look like pirated copys.

:lol I was just reading some info on Dead Nation releasing soon and saw this
playstationLifestyle said:
With games like SOCOM 4, LittleBigPlanet 2 delayed to next year, and no one really knowing when Gran Turismo 5 is coming out, it’d be nice to see a game PS3 exclusive come out some time soon.
You just can't get away from GT5 today can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom