• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

-viper- said:
so i'm pondering why SONY have still not offered us any kind of explanation or release date.

fucking sony monkeys.

Sony

e9zo8w.jpg

J-Rzez

Hmm, can't say I like the choice of the later music, I think they would have been better off using "5oul on D!splay" (lol) instead. The video is top notch of course, and makes you wonder what Polyphony would be able to do with a game of a different genre, but they're already working on GT6 LOL.

Was good, but it didn't have the punch that the false advertising E3 2010 trailer had to it. That one was flat out awesome. Probably greatly due to the music.

FtsH

first half of the intro video, 12/10
first half of the intro music, 8/10
second half of the intro video, 10/10
second half of the intro music, -1/10

pure love of cars, epic.

Askia47

I dont want to watch the intro, but is there any new tracks that we haven't seen yet at least? if there is just say yes :lol :lol

Insertia

Beautiful intro.

Why oh why is that music in there though? Ugh.
Seriously?

Maybe I'm too much of a fan and I'm being picky, but that 'rock' song they had going was terrible. GT4 had awful intro music, and now this. *sigh*

I hope GT6 has an American community manager.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Insertia said:
Beautiful intro.

Why oh why is that music in there though? Ugh.
Seriously?

Maybe I'm too much of a fan and I'm being picky, but that 'rock' song they had going was terrible. GT4 had awful intro music, and now this. *sigh*

I hope GT6 has an American community manager.
Gt 6 will have music beamed directly into your brain based on personal preference and taste since the mind reader software will be available in 2034

Melfice7 said:
being excited about a game you like is madness.. madness i say

I've seen 'excited'. This goes beyond 'excited'.

And yes, I'm part of the problem as I hang on every shitty Cell Phone video there is.

ZeroRay

~Kinggi~ said:
Gt 6 will have music beamed directly into your brain based on personal preference and taste since the mind reader software will be available in 2034

By then it will be a nostalgia game for old timers since cars would be replaced by flying craft.

paskowitz

Once I get my hands on an HD copy of the intro, I promise I will make my attempt at the greatest intro of all time. I already have many ideas...:D

LiquidMetal14 said:

That doesn't mean anything. Nothing out there indicates there's a 3.50 SDK that includes libraries that will prevent jailbreakers from getting around the firmware check. Black Ops requires 3.50, was scheduled to come out before GT5, and was cracked day minus 1.

offshore

paskowitz said:
Once I get my hands on an HD copy of the intro, I promise I will make my attempt at the greatest intro of all time. I already have many ideas...:D
We could make it a competition in the Photo and Video thread :p
Metalmurphy said:
And I'm out, gonna sleep over this nonsense. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have a freaking release date.
Ooo...an announcement on Black Ops launch day? No need. I'd set your sights for Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not expecting anything tomorrow
so it would be bloody typical if we do get something

Physalis

Neo Member
Loudninja said:
So the part with the actual cars is worst? I am not getting some of you.

Heh, I should specify, I suppose. The first half with the
car manufacturing
was ridiculously awesome, a good level of artsy fartsy.

The second half with the actual cars but terrible music ruined a lot of what made the intro good.

Overall, the cars look good, is what I meant to say... haha.

Pterion

While I'm a pretty big fan of GT myself, I can't bother acting like a schoolgirl about the latest ''drama''. Geez, it's only gaming, folks.

Anyway, the best GT intro was still GT2's. My favorite game. :D

Firewire

Banned
Apparently an oil chnge vid and a vid of some head tracking on Chamonix are up next. The head tracking works really well apparently.

Ezalc

So why didn't they just use Soul on Display for the intro? That song is amazing and it made that trailer awesomer.

dwebo

Valkyr Junkie said:
That doesn't mean anything. Nothing out there indicates there's a 3.50 SDK that includes libraries that will prevent jailbreakers from getting around the firmware check. Black Ops requires 3.50, was scheduled to come out before GT5, and was cracked day minus 1.
Black Ops was just using the same protection as Medal of Honor, as I understand it, which makes sense given the long lead-in time needed for its disc production. I think GT5 will have something more extensive.

TylerD

Ezalc said:
So why didn't they just use Soul on Display for the intro? That song is amazing and it made that trailer awesomer.

I remember Kaz saying that it will be played during the credits.

hirokazu

Valkyr Junkie said:
Wasn't there supposed to be a difference between games that where compiled against earlier SDKs but included to startup check for a newer firmware as opposed to games that are compiled against SDK 3.50?

Or was that bullshit? Because the rumour was that GT5 was compiled against 3.50 SDK so if you had something earlier, there'd probably be API calls that didn't exist and such and such. I guess we'll know once the pirates have a go at getting the game running.

-viper-

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
Can pirates play games online without getting banned?

hirokazu

Firewire said:
Apparently an oil chnge vid and a vid of some head tracking on Chamonix are up next. The head tracking works really well apparently.
:0 I bought a Move Starter Pack last week in preparation for GT5 :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TeethMummy said:
we've got more posts in this thread now then the Kinect OT.

GT5 non-release is more fun than Natal release?! Who knew!

Going to see the headtracking video next. My PSEye I got for Burnout Paradise's platinum will get SOME use now. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom