• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.
These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

wuuuuuuuuuut.

Loudninja

CozMick said:
Holy fuck gaf, at least give me warning about this shit!

This deserves it's own thread
I kid

But........my god this game is gonna be bloody spectacular.
Actuallly all of this is a pretty big deal.

CozMick said:
This deserves it's own thread
I kid

I'd start one but I wait for all my confirmed info to come from Kaz just to be safe. But I can't imagine Yoshida getting the info this wrong so it seems like it would be true.

Omiee

I just can see the pictures and videos being uploaded to youtube of awesome replays in the rain on awesome tracks and in the night, this game is GOTY def.
They have to market the shit out of this game with a video that shows all the new features and have THIS IS LIVE GAMEPLAY under the video so people will buy it,
i can realy see this doing 10 million lifetime, and selling a bunch of hardware.

SolidSnakex said:
I'd start one but I wait for all my confirmed info to come from Kaz just to be safe. But I can't imagine Yoshida getting the info this wrong so it seems like it would be true.

there is no way he mispoke, he just dident think about PD wanting to leave this for gamescom.

5149CiOsR4L._AA280_.jpg

please

evolution

Yeah i don't think its incorrect, if anything we got the info much earlier then they planned. Isn't this guy head of software or something?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'd say someone ask Kaz, but the next thing someone will ask Kaz is "wow this game is pretty how is it so pretty" and then someone will ask him "Y U LIE BOUT CARS"

Omiee

CrushDance said:
New thread time?

You know what somebody should do it, its about time we had some positive news in stead of all the bullshit we had these couple of days about premium and standard cars.

i mean kart racing track creator and weather is def worth a new thread.

CozMick

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

You know you want to :D

Tag it with Rumorville, or something :p

keyrat

I like this thread because it doesn't nitpick individual features and so it's more conducive to optimism and good times. :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
weather and tack editor have been mentioned before, sounds all but certain now. not so sure, or excited, for karting.

Omiee

You know weather is gonna be awesome but the question is, what sort of weather are we gonna have..?
like different kind rain, like heavy rain and light rain, and track with water on it or not..?
its risky to put this in to be honest.

Frawdder

WOW, provided this man speaks the truth then this is awesome. This is going to be one hell of a game.

Good things come to those who wait.

offshore

Weather for me was confirmed when OPM didn't retract it in their next issue like they did with IRL, and then Sony referenced the OPM GT5 issue in a blog post. So Sony clearly read what OPM wrote about weather being included, but didn't tell OPM to retract it like they did with IRL.

BTW, I say we don't make a thread about it just yet...we wait until the story suddenly vanishes, because then we know it's real :p

In an interview with IGN I think that Kaz inadvertently confirmed the track editor when he said that the tracks that they made would be different from the ones that users would make.

Omiee

The one with the stunt arena, doesnt that pretty much confirm we have way more than 20 tracks, i mean they cant have the stunt arena be one of the 20 tracks right ..?
Also i would love for weather to be the same as F12010

SolidSnakex said:
In an interview with IGN I think that Kaz inadvertently confirmed the track editor when he said that the tracks that they made would be different from the ones that users would make.

What sort of options do you think we will get..? I mean it could be just a basic track like topgear, or it could have a lot of options like modnation racers.

spats

GT Life is going to be unreal if weather is actually in. Nearly infinite amounts of interesting track/condition combinations for different kinds of events.

edit: and the chucking the cars around stunt-arenas reminds me of FlatOut's car bowling and car darts :lol

Omiee said:
What sort of options do you think we will get..? I mean it could be just a basic track like topgear, or it could have a lot of options like modnation racers.

I think that you're going to be given an environment along the lines of the one found in the Complex String. I can't imagine them letting you go nuts with the track editor.

Ashes

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?
Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect - even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop.

:lol

Guess they took that personally. This time it's serious. :lol

Omiee

SolidSnakex said:
I think that you're going to be given an environment along the lines of the one found in the Complex String. I can't imagine them letting you go nuts with the track editor.

Well they could give u little options like trees and buildings to put around the track, and maybe give u the option to choose what kind of track u want to make, a rally or a normal race track.
But i just cant imagine how they are gonna give u night as well.

Omiee said:
The one with the stunt arena, doesnt that pretty much confirm we have way more than 20 tracks, i mean they cant have the stunt arena be one of the 20 tracks right ..?
Also i would love for weather to be the same as F12010

I am going to say it's like the PGR3 city editor, you just block of the routes and corners you want, no manipulation like custom hills and turns, just changing the routes.

Tracks which should support this are places like London, Rome, Tokyo, Topgear Test Track....

Dedication Through Light said:
Could it really be fake, I cant think the president of the worldwide studios mispeaking

He's clearly talking about GT5 but the go karts/track editor could be him confusing it with MNR (although that seems unlikely).

Y2Kev said:
MNR doesn't have a stunt arena or weather though...

I was just talking about the track editor/go kart part. It's why it's unlikely that he was confusing the two. He should know what's going on with the game has he's a high ranking member on Polyphony's board.

But as I said, I always wait for Kaz to confirm things.

Omiee

Diablohead said:
I am going to say it's like the PGR3 city editor, you just block of the routes and corners you want, no manipulation like custom hills and turns, just changing the routes.

Tracks which should support this are places like London, Rome, Tokyo, Topgear Test Track....

yeah i dont see them doing that, take a look at some of the screens in rome and madrid, the streets around it are pretty low quality.
i just want the option to create rally tracks.

but guys when this game comes out we have to have tournaments here, imagine this.

a track day yes with 16 people from this forum, racing on nurburgring with rain and night day cycle, make it a 2 or 3 hour race which is pretty long, and have 4 different classes so that at any given time only 4 people are racing against each other cuz people from other classes are either to fast or to slow.
and have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKw5mbcE7VY&feature=player_embedded this song in the back ground, and upload the awesome replays on youtube after the race is over.

GOTY BITCHESSSSS!!

spwolf

SolidSnakex said:

yeah but lets take step back - it does not mean it will be full blow track editor.

It does make sense for it to also be means of re-arranging existing track, which is often done in real world, and i could see Kaz wanting to do that.

I am just saying lets not get hopes up and then get really disappointed.

jiggles

Banned
I'm going to play it safe and expect nothing more than selecting pre-made corners and straights for a middle-of-nowhere track like Complex String was.

Anything better than this'll just be bonus.

Loudninja

jigglywiggly said:
I'm going to play it safe and expect nothing more than selecting pre-made corners and straights for a middle-of-nowhere track like Complex String was.

Anything better than this'll just be bonus.
Yes, it would be better than nothing,they can improve on it after release as well.

AFreak

Banned
spats said:
Your post comes off as trollish, but they're propably premium. GT4 didn't have them so they've had to build them from scratch.

It was meant to a little, lol. No I'm a pretty big sony fanboy, so this is day 1 for me.

I would just really love a cockpit view for the go-karts. Shit would be boss. 16 player go-kart Nürnburgring anyone?

SmokyDave

If it has a genuine 'stunt arena' (I'm seeing a ski-jump, some ramps, a couple of tabletops, loops, that kinda thing) and if you can use pro physics, no assists in this stunt arena, I'll never play another game again.

Ever.

(Except my bi-monthly Streets Of Rage 2 playthrough).

belvedere

Junior Butler
Has this roller coaster of news gotten anyone else to fire up GT4 or Prologue?

I started GT4 over. It's hard to play after Prologue, but still fun as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom