Sport mode is pretty fun. I do have a few questions:
- Is there a schedule for the daily races/championship somewhere? I would love to know the tracks in the season so I can practice.
- Is there any way to set the conditions in qualifying to match the tire wear and fuel consumption rules of the race?
- Is fuel weight simply simulated as "less fuel = faster"? If so, can you specify your fuel load at the start of the race?
- Similarly, what is the deal with tire temperature and wear? I won the dragon tail daily race pretty easily by just riding a set of mediums around for ten laps. The degredation felt nowher near as impactful as taking a full pit break in a ten lap race. Especially when half the field pits.
- Is the daily schedule always: Specified car, Gr4, Gr3? Is there any way to race other vehicles under sport restrictions?
The SR/DR system is definitely a step forward for console racing. The entry bracket level of driving is much lower than iRacing's lowest class but that is to be expected. The way penalties slow you down is super confusing as well.
1. There is a schedule for the manufactures cup
and the nations cup
. You can find it in this news
section if they post new updates on that. The only way to get a heads up for the daily's is through Nenkai's
2. If you mean the qualifying for the daily's then no. It should be the same conditions for the qualifyings in custom lobbies however, where everybody is on track at the same time.
3. You can not specify your fuel load individually for any races. You can only set this individually and equaly for every car when you do a custom lobby. As far as how fuel load affects anything i can only offer you these videos but they might not answer your question.
4. Given that both RH and RM tires are mandatory for daily race C this week you would get a one minute penalty if you'd only used RM. You need to pit once! Temperature and how you drive plays a role in tire wear but i'm not an expert here and wouldn't dare to comment on that.
5. It's always random and arbitrariness to PD's decisions however nearly every week features events with a specific car, Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. Sometimes we have Gr.2 or Gr.1 races and even special tunning events. If you want to race any specific car / track / condition outside of that, then custom lobbies are the way to go since you can set them up in any possible way.
The penalty system was pretty good at launch but they changed it with nearly every update in the following months. It's not as good as it was initially but much better then what we had after the first changes.