• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just gotta take care of the yellow flag. With the exception of Tokyo all of these examples are bugged in regards to the clean race bonus.

However overtaking while the yellow flag is present will render the clean race bonus invalid.

In all of these races.
Yeah, forgot about Tokyo, that was the beast mode grind with the Tomahawk back when the car was bugged, lol.

Yellow Flags almost never happen on Sardegna, but yes, be mindful of them.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yeah, forgot about Tokyo, that was the beast mode grind with the Tomahawk back when the car was bugged, lol.

Yellow Flags almost never happen on Sardegna, but yes, be mindful of them.

Still a cool race but hard to get right and to risky if ones only after the money.

I should try it with the Cappuccino from the video sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip posted to see if it is easier. Still got to keep your concentration up since a single mistake will cost you about 300.000 Cr.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dang so I have A LONG way to go for level 50 but those races you highlighted are actually really good payouts!
Great Gr.2 cars to use are:

Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98 - A beastly Legend car, and the most recent update lowered the PP rating so with hard tires it's sub 800 with full power and no ballast, if you want to run mediums, then just add a little ballast.

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 - With medium tires and some ballast with lowering the power a hair you can squeeze sub 800. This car handles FANTASTIC!

Honda NSX CONCEPT-GT '16 - Same as above.

Lexus RC F GT500 '16 - Same as above.

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 - Another legend car, a monster. Same as above.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Still a cool race but hard to get right and to risky if ones only after the money.

I should try it with the Cappuccino from the video sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip posted to see if it is easier. Still got to keep your concentration up since a single mistake will cost you about 300.000 Cr.
Nice! I will have to give it a go. It's definitely a tricky one when cars get congested since it's very narrow passing outside of the main straightaway.

Sardegna, I almost do that race in my sleep. I don't think I've ever not seen the clean race bonus on it.

Just set the traction to 3 (I leave it on 1 by default, but since the update the cars are more squirrely and rightfully so), and the first 7-8 laps I keep the fuel map on 5 or if I shift at half RPM I keep it at 4. But usually at 5 for 6-7 laps, then lower to 4, and on the 10th lap I lower it to 1. Then I pit going into the 1tth lap since it's fuel is usually at .1 to .3 (only pit once) and change tires and full fuel and keep it set to 1 and go balls to the wall. I am usually in first place by the 5th lap after their pits.

Portilla and his Viper sometimes gives a good run, but he pits at laps 4, 8 and 12. So once I am first, I tend to keep it since I am 25-30+ seconds ahead.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Nice! I will have to give it a go. It's definitely a tricky one when cars get congested since it's very narrow passing outside of the main straightaway.

Sardegna, I almost do that race in my sleep. I don't think I've ever not seen the clean race bonus on it.

Just set the traction to 3 (I leave it on 1 by default, but since the update the cars are more squirrely and rightfully so), and the first 7-8 laps I keep the fuel map on 5 or if I shift at half RPM I keep it at 4. But usually at 5 for 6-7 laps, then lower to 4, and on the 10th lap I lower it to 1. Then I pit going into the 1tth lap since it's fuel is usually at .1 to .3 (only pit once) and change tires and full fuel and keep it set to 1 and go balls to the wall. I am usually in first place by the 5th lap after their pits.

Portilla and his Viper sometimes gives a good run, but he pits at laps 4, 8 and 12. So once I am first, I tend to keep it since I am 25-30+ seconds ahead.

The Cappuccino seems so crazy fast on the straights that i think i could keep it cool in-between to preserve a clean race bonus. Might make the whole process a bit easier.

Well, about half a year ago i switched to Le Mans for money since you can nearly race any car there. A better diversion.

But reading your thoughts i felt like driving it on my own. It's way less boring then Le Mans for sure.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Cappuccino seems so crazy fast on the straights that i think i could keep it cool in-between to preserve a clean race bonus. Might make the whole process a bit easier.

Well, about half a year ago i switched to Le Mans for money since you can nearly race any car there. A better diversion.

But reading your thoughts i felt like driving it on my own. It's way less boring then Le Mans for sure.
What are your pit/fuel map tactics for Le Mans? I have yet to really dive into that for credit grinding.

Sardegna gets fun when you also have that once in a blue moon mist that comes in and coats the track slightly in some spots. Doesn't rain, just a slight mist over the tarmac and you can just see the tire lines. Then it dries up fast when the sun comes back out. But that doesn't happen that often, but cool to see since it's a fictional track in wine country.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
What are your pit/fuel map tactics for Le Mans? I have yet to really dive into that for credit grinding.
I generally do the whole race in Fuel Map 6 setting and can win with almost any car right around the PP limit. This is usually various hyper cars and Gr. 4 cars.

The race is 7 laps (last lap usually half finished when 30 min timer ends) and most of the AI tends to pit at end of Lap 2 and 3 with a few lead cars going longer. Generally I finish with around 30 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

I try lots of different cars for this race to keep it less repetitive. Most cars at Fuel Map 6 can get 3 laps in so you'll be pitting at ends of Lap 3 and 6. I mostly use Racing Hard tires to get many cars lower in PP, but sometimes you can get away with better ones.

It does rain a decent amount, but very rarely does it rain for very long or very much.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I generally do the whole race in Fuel Map 6 setting and can win with almost any car right around the PP limit. This is usually various hyper cars and Gr. 4 cars.

The race is 7 laps (last lap usually half finished when 30 min timer ends) and most of the AI tends to pit at end of Lap 2 and 3 with a few lead cars going longer. Generally I finish with around 30 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

I try lots of different cars for this race to keep it less repetitive. Most cars at Fuel Map 6 can get 3 laps in so you'll be pitting at ends of Lap 3 and 6. I mostly use Racing Hard tires to get many cars lower in PP, but sometimes you can get away with better ones.

It does rain a decent amount, but very rarely does it rain for very long or very much.
Do you recommend swapping tires when it rains? Or just tough it out with R's?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Do you recommend swapping tires when it rains? Or just tough it out with R's?
I've swapped out tires a few times, but generally I check the radar, and depending on my current placement decide to or not. If I do swap it's to Intermediates and never Wet.

Mostly no, but I also usually don't have Intermediates available for lots of the cars anyway. Most of the time I never change tires because RH and (RM in some cases) will last the entire race.

*Also for the last pit you can usually do the math and cut your refuel short since there will be one lap left.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

What are your pit/fuel map tactics for Le Mans?

Short answer:

Fuel map to 6 on the long straights, shortly after changing to 6th gear and fuel map 1 for the rest. For a dry race, pit at the end of lap 3 and 6. With rain you may adjust this to lap 2 and 5. It's always a bit different but on average this works.

Long answer:

It's a Gr.4 race so i mainly use Gr.4 cars. The Silvia and the Mégane Trophy are the fastest for me. I could get below 4 min on a lap and do 8 laps in completely dry conditions with these two.

However nearly any car will do. Gr.3 cars are a bit slower on the straights through the PP restrictions but gain a lot in corners. Many road cars are also fine but some drain the fuel very fast. So fuel map to 6 and short shifting might be needed. It is easy to find a decent setup and it's part of the fun so you don't burn out on this race by only going for the same cars.

It is always raining in this race. Often the rain just doesn't hit the track or not enough to make a substantial difference. However, from my personal experience, every 4th or 5th race has a significant amount of rain so that a change in tire compound is needed. Intermediates are all you need and i never use wet tires. I find it nearly impossible to drive the car with hard or medium tires when you reach a full wet track. So keep checking the weather radar regular.

On dry conditions i finish 40-60 min ahead of the second place on the 7th lap. In extreme wet conditions and with a good timed pit stop i could gain so much time that i stopped at the end of lap 6, without a second pit stop, and waited right in front of the finish line only to cross it seconds after the timer for the race expired. Doesn't happen to often but once in a while.

Con-Z-epT

The online Time Trials are so tough lately. Am I really this bad?!

Gangster Fail GIF by MopedRider

NickFire

I think its time to trade in Switch for PSVR2 so I can try this out (and stop feeling bad for the Switch that we talk about fondly but play 1-2 times per year tops).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think its time to trade in Switch for PSVR2 so I can try this out (and stop feeling bad for the Switch that we talk about fondly but play 1-2 times per year tops).
You'll never go back to flat racing again. Even if the PSVR2 is used mainly for this game, it's so worth it.

There are other great games on it and well, and more are coming out monthly.

Con-Z-epT

Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT jeez, whats up with your pace lately ? I used to beat your times in tt now Im nowhere near ;d
A far healthier lifestyle has resulted in better concentration in the last 6 weeks. Didn't expected to see the results in GT7 first. Still ways to go but this keeps me motivated to treat myself better in the future.

It's still not easy to drive the recommended times but i can reach my potential quicker now.

GT7 on my new OLED TV looks amazing! Went from a low end 2016 4k TV with the Sony X800D to LG C2. It's like upgrading to a Pro console. Haha.

Still jealous of VR owners but this is good enough for me, for now. Lol
GT on the OLED is insane. Something about the way OLEDs process movement makes racing games look much sharper... and GT runs at the full 4K + amazing HDR. Enjoy your new TV :messenger_horns:

Even though I find GTs rally lacking as in the gameplay depertment, feels too floaty, its like the cars dont have weight at all, Im surprised all we have is 3 tracks. They should bring back some classics considering how many rally cars there are in the game but first...fix the damn gameplay. I know its an game-engine thing but I just cant get over it that in 2023 the flimsy fence has the same integrity as a concrete wall. This is what other games fixed decades ago. If they cant do it just remove rally all around, its more hurting them than helping them get more fans because even the HC fans dont like those stages.

aSK87Jo.jpg

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Update Details (1.35)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Aston Martin Valkyrie '21
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 (Purchasable at 'Used Cars')
  ・Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 (Purchasable at 'Brand Central' and 'Used Cars')

- A new livery has been added for the following car:
  ・Lexus RC F GT3 '17

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Fisherman's Ranch
   - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  ・Circuit de Sainte-Croix
   - Hypercar Parade
  ・Red Bull Ring
   - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  ・Autopolis
   - World Touring Cars 800

3. Music Rally
 - The following 6 events hvae been added to 'Music Rally'
  ・Good Old Days (Classixx Remix)
  ・DRIFT
  ・Marechia (With Célia Kameni)
  ・Hooked on America
  ・Life's Coming in Slow
  ・Moon Over the Castle GT7 version

4. Scapes
 - The 'Monterey' and 'Field of Flowers' locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

5. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added
  ・Extra Menu No. 24: 'Collection: Subaru WRX' (Collector Level 26 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No. 25: 'Collection: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution' (Collector Level 30 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CHARACTERS
   - Chris
    ・Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67

- Jeremy
    ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
    ・Nissan GT-R NISMO (R32) '90

- Stella
    ・Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04

6. Brand Central
 - New Museum section for 'Fanatec' has been added for Europe;

7. GT Auto
 - Car Customisation
  ・'Fanatec' has been added to the pre-set decals in the Livery Editor;
  ・13 'Real Car Paint' colours have been added to Paint Colour.

- Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars: (Unlocked at Collector Level 50)
  ・Alpine A110 Première Édition '17
  ・Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
  ・Nissan GT-R NISMO (R32) '90
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94
  ・Nissan Z Performance '23

8. Sport
 - Rewards will now be awarded at the end of a Season based on the player's final ranking. Once the final ranking has been confirmed, eligible players may access their rewards by entering 'Sport' mode. This reward will start to be awarded from the 'Gran Turismo World Series 2023 - Manufacturers Cup.'

9. Multiplayer
 - 'Settings Options' has been added to the Room Settings in Lobby mode. When the 'BoP/Tuning Prohibited' is set to 'On,' the 'Allowed' and 'Prohibited settings can be applied freely with this option.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the effect of the 'Brake' while Auto-Drive.

2. Cars
 - Fixed an issue wherein adding wide body modifications would cause visual aberrations in liveries around the front end in the following cars:
  ・Alpine A110 '72

- Changed the overtake indicator display for the following vehicles with boost functions such as KERS:
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT
  ・Infiniti Concept VGT
  ・Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
  ・Nissan NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 VGT
  ・Toyota FT-1 VGT

- Adjusted the motor gear ratio in the following cars:
  ・Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT

3. World Circuits
 - Fixed an issue in Custom Race wherein loading saved race settings that included cars prohibited from racing in dirt would allow said cars to be used on 'Dirt' tracks.

4. Café
 - Cars yet to be obtained now display their availability status in the Extra Menu list.

5. GT Auto
 - The engine start-up sound now plays after performing an Engine Swap in Car Maintenance & Service.

6. Sport
 - Entry screens now display the 'Wall Collision Penalty' setting under 'Penalty Settings.'

7. Race Screen
 - The pit-in menu during races now displays required tyres and previously used tyre types.

8. Sound
 - The following tracks have been added to the list of BGM that may have copyright restrictions when streaming. These tracks will not be played when 'Broadcast Mode' is turned 'On':
  ・Bizcochito / Rosalía
  ・I Don't Care / Major Lazer featuring Lous and the Yakuza
  ・Unstoppable / Kim Dracula
  ・Baby It's You (George Fitzgerald Remix) / London Grammar
  ・Life's Coming in Slow / Nothing But Thieves
  ・VROOM / The FaNatTiX feat. Idris Elba, Davido, Koffee, Moelogo and Lil Tjay
  ・SQUAD / Disciples and GoldLink
  ・DRIFT / Jawsh685 + Click & Press

9. Controllers
 - Adjusted the steering sensitivity of the left stick and directional buttons when using a wireless controller.

10. PlayStation®VR2
 - Fixed an issue wherein using PlayStation®VR2 in '2P Split Screen' mode would cause VR replay to unintentionally play after the race.

11. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

12. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

sncvsrtoip

Even though I find GTs rally lacking as in the gameplay depertment, feels too floaty, its like the cars dont have weight at all, Im surprised all we have is 3 tracks. They should bring back some classics considering how many rally cars there are in the game but first...fix the damn gameplay. I know its an game-engine thing but I just cant get over it that in 2023 the flimsy fence has the same integrity as a concrete wall. This is what other games fixed decades ago. If they cant do it just remove rally all around, its more hurting them than helping them get more fans because even the HC fans dont like those stages.

aSK87Jo.jpg
Not many players care about rally races so adding new circuits imo is waste of resources. There are better games for rally racing ;)

Con-Z-epT

I love it!

Vroom vroom pop poppity pop pop vrooooooom!
evan peters run GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Someone over at GTPlanet posted a video about how suitable for everyday use this car is and the guy immediately went to put on some ear protection. :messenger_grinning_sweat: This was also noticeable with my average volume setting where the Valkyrie was just louder than usual. Crazy car.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Someone over at GTPlanet posted a video about how suitable for everyday use this car is and the guy immediately went to put some on ear protection. :messenger_grinning_sweat: I this was also noticeable with my average volume setting where the Valkyrie was just louder than usual. Crazy car.
That's hilarious. :pie_roffles:

I would imagine you would need ear plugs for this violent beast on the road/track.

Con-Z-epT

The Valkyrie is beyond reason. Incredible agile.

However it's the Subaru i'm having the most fun with. Feels so good to push it to the edge since it's so forgiving. Very versatile.

The lancer doesn't do anything for me.

Top Bottom