• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

benzy

it's a photo? so they just shopped the car in?

Dunno if the pics shopped, but the backgrounds are photographs, which is done the same way in Assetto Corsa's showroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frfGppdk16s&t=0m53s

aODb.png

It could be like a photovista mode where they're using photographs as backgrounds/environments and the car is a enhanced game model. In which case it's still impressive to achieve something so realistic. If it's just a real car, real location... Big deal.

Dunno if the pics shopped, but the backgrounds are photographs, which is done the same way in Assetto Corsa's showroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frfGppdk16s&t=0m53s

aODb.png

I see. I wonder if this game or at least gt7 can outdo dc. they gotta include splitscreen and hopefully a higher framerate.

Goldrusher

the backgrounds are photographs, which is done the same way in Assetto Corsa's showroom.
Or, you know, Gran Turismo 4, back in 2004...

If the game wants to do something truly amazing, it should take a look at the cut scenes of the latest NFS.

Start watching this video at 32:10. That's your own car right there. Even though it's a cut scene, a video, with real actors. And look what happens near the end (around 32:30). It beautifully transitions from the cut scene into the game menu.

Even more impressive is the scene from 1:21:20 to 1:21:35. People are walking in front of your own car. The Ferrari on the right, and the line-up of cars on the left, are your creations.

Imagine if GT7 has a bunch of HD video clips of race tracks and famous locations, and you can watch them starring your very own car.
It could even be a busy city square, or a car show podium, with people admiring your car and taking photos of it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
If the game wants to do something truly amazing, it should take a look at the cut scenes of the latest NFS.

Those were really neat. I do imagine it's something we will see more and more as car quality is getting to near reality and there's no need to hyper render static environments to the same quality.

But I do like your idea of interweaving real locations footage with your own customized cars either for photo mode or cutscenes or victory poses.

It looks exactly like some of the ugly tracks of GT6. Maybe they're testing GTS physics in GT6 engine, but I don't know why!

It's ugly cause they haven't added any detail yet! Here's what that corner actually looks like:

mdBnzLj.jpg

(Well this youtube screencap does still look a bit ugly but you get the idea)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Japanese one is clearly not a photograph. It's missing a lot of the details of the real environment.

holy fucking fuck @ that last one.

As I mentioned before, the last one is definitly a photo (with a photoshoped car in it), I am currently 4 kilometres away from this very location right next to the Nürburgring. Not 100% sure about the others, though. Which says a lot.

It's ugly cause they haven't added any detail yet! Here's what that corner actually looks like:

mdBnzLj.jpg

(Well this youtube screencap does still look a bit ugly but you get the idea)
You're right about details, but visuals in that shot of Autopolis is something exactly like GT5's engine in my opinion. I know it isn't a polished track, but it has a PS3 GT feel in it!

The game is going to look fine. No way will it release looking worse than Driveclub. It would be practically impossible this late in the console generation.
We shouldn't compare a 30fps game with a 60fps. and there are 12 cars in each DC race against 16 cars in GT5/6 and maybe more than 20 cars in GTS.
I think car models & lighting (and maybe other things like smoke/dirt) will be better than DC, but I really doubt that track details (trees & ...) and weather effects can be better than that. specially those AMAZING weather effects! They are the most impressive thing that I see this gen and can't believe them even after playing DC for more than 50 hours!

Shin-Ra

Hopefully PD allow for 1080, 2160, 3240 and 4320p photo renders in PNG format. It'd be great if you could choose different aspect ratios without black bars rendered into the photo, too. Hopefully they're working with the System Software team to implement such things.

Hopefully PD allow for 1080, 2160, 3240 and 4320p photo renders in PNG format. It'd be great if you could choose different aspect ratios without black bars rendered into the photo, too. Hopefully they're working with the System Software team to implement such things.

You may get that

kazf2shr.png

Disappointing visuals, showing the same old boring tracks, worthless cars, I think Polyphony have lost the plot.

GT6 PS4 should have happened two years ago.

Pophead

I really wish the stream outputted at a higher quality, the reason the image looks like rubbish is because of the stream.

xrnzaaas

It's amazing how much Sony is tolerant about the way GT games are promoted during production. It seems like it won't be any different with GTS. It's been months since the annoucement and people still don't know what exactly this project is, they aren't told if the footage they're seeing is from GTS, GT6 or maybe CGI, they aren't getting concrete info on the content that would be an incentive to do pre-orders... I know that GT brand is still very strong and the new game will probably sell millions, but I really don't like how the entire process is handled.

Can't wait for the Glickenhaus Ferrari P4/5 to make its way to Gran Turismo Sports. If I remember right a team from PD made some photos and videos from that car almost two years ago. It's sooooooooooooo beautiful in real life, and the sound of the car is asthonishing. FYI, as Yamauchi-san, I regularly visit the VLN races at Nurburing Nordschleife. The Glickenhaus P4/5 participated in 2012 for the first time and I heard the news that it will compete in the next 24h race.

vln-2011-03-26-020-300x200.jpg

Watevaman

Can't wait for the Glickenhaus Ferrari P4/5 to make its way to Gran Turismo Sports. If I remember right a team from PD made some photos and videos from that car almost two years ago. It's sooooooooooooo beautiful in real life, and the sound of the car is asthonishing. FYI, as Yamauchi-san, I regularly visit the VLN races at Nurburing Nordschleife. The Glickenhaus P4/5 participated in 2012 for the first time and I heard the news that it will compete in the next 24h race.

Well don't expect it to sound anywhere near its real life counterpart in GT:S.

Please. PD just teased Gt Sport did not exactly clarify and we still haven't got a proper GT trailer ;____;

Turns out that it's the PGW trailer. I still feel that the next time we may get a meaty update will be at Geneva, which starts on March 3rd. Of course that's based on speculation that the Bugatti Chiron will be the cover car for GTS, and that's where it'll be unveiled.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well don't expect it to sound anywhere near its real life counterpart in GT:S.

People keep saying this but I have the faith. They hired the lead audio guy from Forza and the GT devs have mentioned focusing/improving sound for this game.

Melfice7

They also seem to consider the Vision GT cars sound to be great, so yeah im not expecting anything much different than those

AMG

Neo Member
As in they will launch the game with x cars and tracks then continue to build upon (and improve it) it as time passes. Beaded on my experience with Driveclub this will be a great thing!!!!

Sky Saw

Banned

That car is in Assetto Corsa. It is a beast.

Top Bottom