• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Mathezar

They need to add some sort of dirt build up to the cars. With the graphics and lighting getting more and more realistic, these super-clean car models look out of place somehow to me...

Makki

They need to add some sort of dirt build up to the cars. With the graphics and lighting getting more and more realistic, these super-clean car models look out of place somehow to me...
I hope they dont, I hate watching replays with dirty cars realism or not lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I think that's in, I could have sworn I've seen dirty cars in the game.

Mathezar

I hope they dont, I hate watching replays with dirty cars realism or not lol

I'm not talking splatters of mud or something like that. Just make it look like the cars actually have some life and usage out of them, not like they've just rolled out of the showroom... At least when you go off track there should be some dust or dirt visible on your car. If you want a clean car, you should race clean ;) I know it's nit-picky, but it would make it much more cohesive to the eyes. Shouldn't be that hard to implement, just slap on a few textures when x or y happens. I think even GTA5 has dirty cars.

Unknown?

I'm not talking splatters of mud or something like that. Just make it look like the cars actually have some life and usage out of them, not like they've just rolled out of the showroom... At least when you go off track there should be some dust or dirt visible on your car. If you want a clean car, you should race clean ;) I know it's nit-picky, but it would make it much more cohesive to the eyes.
That was in both GT5/6, pretty sure it'll be in this. Beta isn't current build that they have in their studio.

I'm not talking splatters of mud or something like that. Just make it look like the cars actually have some life and usage out of them, not like they've just rolled out of the showroom... At least when you go off track there should be some dust or dirt visible on your car. If you want a clean car, you should race clean ;) I know it's nit-picky, but it would make it much more cohesive to the eyes. Shouldn't be that hard to implement, just slap on a few textures when x or y happens. I think even GTA5 has dirty cars.

They do get dirtier, that's been in the GT series, subtly or not, since it's inception. You have to take them to the car-wash, etc.

Stealing this comment from YouTube because it describes one of the final hurdles to good sound that GT faces.
YouTube Comment said:
The biggest issue with GT sounds is shifting. There is NO shifting sound, no filler between gearchanges and you get that momentary mute sound. It's like a different audio track playing for each gear. They're getting better but still a lot of room for improvement. Downshifts do sound good though.
The gear changes on every car sound the same, they are all abrupt. There is no transition between gearshifts and it really bothers me even though the cars sound good now.

Putty

I don't know if it's been suggested before but i'd love the option (like Driveclub) to choose which camera perspective's audio you have. So i'd want to drive cockpit cam with chase cam audio...

Niks

The gear changes on every car sound the same, they are all abrupt. There is no transition between gearshifts and it really bothers me even though the cars sound good now.

Yup. It's always been a problem. Of course, the its even more aparaent in production cars. There's barely any delay between shifts.

I don't know if it's been suggested before but i'd love the option (like Driveclub) to choose which camera perspective's audio you have. So i'd want to drive cockpit cam with chase cam audio...

Yeah. On bumper cam, you hear the wind more than the engine. Probably accurate position wise, but detrimental to the game experience.

Putty

Yup. It's always been a problem. Of course, the its even more aparaent in production cars. There's barely any delay between shifts.

Yeah. On bumper cam, you hear the wind more than the engine. Probably accurate position wise, but detrimental to the game experience.

I want those throaty sounds and pops!

Sebmugi

170601082811793547.gif

WOW. They fucking did it.

THEY FINALLY DID IT

I thought a lot of those cars sounded the same (I know some of them were lol!).

Also, whilst sounding nice, when in cockpit, just how good will these sound? Quite a bit different in my opinion - I wish we could use exterior cam sounds in cockpit :)

Insane Metal

Gold Member
WOW. They fucking did it.

THEY FINALLY DID IT

Ikr? I wasn't going to buy the game. But now I will. I refuse to play yet another GT game with shitty sound.

Wasn't this already there in the first place or was it added in the latest patch?

The sound has improved immensely in the last patch (1.06). It also added skid marks and other important stuff.

Edit:

PLEASE PD, OPEN BETA DURING E3 (or later...)

BigEmil

Glad this didn't release back at December 2016 it's​ hugely improved in all areas from major to minor stuff and the little details, better qol etc

Willow Springs is now in rotation, does anyone have a 1.05 to 1.06 comparison for it? For the most part, I think it's the same. The main difference is that they've added the crowd. There are lots of people all around the course.

Mascot

Sounds on some cars some much improved but others are still lacking. Hopefully they are just awaiting the new audio pass and all will be sorted by release day, and not just a cherry-picked few.

GTS is shaping up quite nicely now..!

l2ounD

The leather on the steering wheel looks so tasty.
EJO0Jdq.gif

Also noticed they brought back the legs and pedal animations that went missing in 1.05

Willow Springs is now in rotation, does anyone have a 1.05 to 1.06 comparison for it? For the most part, I think it's the same. The main difference is that they've added the crowd. There are lots of people all around the course.

It feels like there was a slight lighting change similar to BrandsHatch. But no tire marks on this track or the cool rock pebble sounds/fx
But yeah way more people.

flWbyHy.png

XUXFiQI.png

benzy

The leather on the steering wheel looks so tasty.
EJO0Jdq.gif

Also noticed they brought back the legs and pedal animations that went missing in 1.05

Was actually making a comparison shot at that same spot, lol.

The interior materials, lighting, and shadows are much better in 1.06.

vanilla beta
lkA7eu.png

6i3uQP.png

-------------

jhvX1b.png

3wa8uK.png

There has been obvious improvements in the game, the one big questions that remains is the netcode. For those in the beta, has there been improvements made to netcode since the beta started? PD have to make sure that shit is sorted from Day 1, otherwise the game is going to sink hard.

red731

Hello guys,
sorry for this q, but what are the diffs between standard and pro PS4s?

ed: transparent beta beg if anyone has one, even though I've registered nothing came out of it yet

Hello guys,
sorry for this q, but what are the diffs between standard and pro PS4s?

ed: transparent beta beg if anyone has one, even though I've registered nothing came out of it yet

Pro runs at a higher resolution, when set to 1080 though it adds additional AA and improved replay frame rates I believe.

There has been obvious improvements in the game, the one big questions that remains is the netcode. For those in the beta, has there been improvements made to netcode since the beta started? PD have to make sure that shit is sorted from Day 1, otherwise the game is going to sink hard.

I'm in Egypt with a US account (so US based server) and it's been pretty good almost all of the time.

It's the EU people with the issues but they appear to have gotten better.

GenericUser

So here I am driving on Brands, pulling off some donuts. Looks like tyre marks made it as well :)

DBRbVHnXgAE0qvV.jpg:large
Insane, now that is an important addition. Hope they remain throughout the race.

This would add so much immersion, when having longer races.

Don't Care about more houses on the Nordschleife though. Extremely unlikely that I will ever have a closer look at them.

Top Bottom