• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Ed-Silver

Neo Member
It's funny seeing people post they just downloaded the demo and can't connect to the servers, after reading the thread with Oct 9 in the title.

saltyramen

wait so ppl are crowning this the best use of HDR and everything but haven't seen gameplay T_T

or are the replays straight from gameplay and not pre rendered cgi cutscenes

wait so ppl are crowning this the best use of HDR and everything but haven't seen gameplay T_T

or are the replays straight from gameplay and not pre rendered cgi cutscenes

The gameplay demos are real-time, yes

(also people have been playing the beta for a long time now)

Melfice7

Woah :eek: Crazy graphics and the lighting is just insane, the reflections from the dashboard is leagues ahead of anything else here!

But there is that one thing that annoys me... There is not even a slight vibration when you smash into another car here. :(
Is that stuff still in the game or what's the deal here? Some videos show it, some don't. In this gif it looks like they just took the old GT bumper cam and slapped a huge interior frame obscuring the view with some hands/wheel animations ontop of the picture. There is no visual feedback at all that you crash into the other car, looks extremely lazy compared to what all other racers do at this point, and imo it really sticks out a lot when everything else is so top-notch. :/

I'll take playability over seizure inducing camera shake for the pseudo realism of what you see on a mounted camera, any day

dmr87

Jesus H Christ.. I’m just admiring the menu/replay demos right now, and it is mind blowingly beautiful. The car models, the materials and the lighting is out of this world, and that’s on an original PS4/SDR TV setup!

Imagine playing on a 65" 4k OLED with HDR.

Sorc3r3r

it's undoubtedly beautiful.
I always loved the stance Gran Turismo had in all these years, what was in their subtitle, driving simulator, was indeed spot on, hot lapping was my main hobby in the game, driving was actually a moment pure out of time entertainment.
Can't say the same thing for the race experience, the AI, the physic involved in the contacts, the fine set up regulations were lacking for years.
Now GT sport tries to go all in in the race experience...I'm doubtful, even more after the open beta that soured my expectations with a feedback on the wheel that after AC was shameful on all levels, that was unrecognizable for a GT game.
I hope to be part of this evolution of the serie as well, really i hope not to be forced to opt out.

I missed that when i downloaded it, my bad.

Don't feel bad, this is the weirdest pre-load I've ever seen. Maybe it's been done before but I've not been privy to it. It's confusing because most people don't sit there and read all the text, they see the demo download is available so they download it. Then it even lets you boot into the main menu! All you get is a message that servers are down and nothing is selectable, so it makes sense that people get confused that they can't actually play it yet.

Bubbins

Man, I had totally disregarded and forgotten about GT, but am now excited for the demo. Put countless hours into GT3/4 on ps2. Lost interest during ps3 years. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Look forwarded to maxing out my car and playing bumper cars.

it's undoubtedly beautiful.
I always loved the stance Gran Turismo had in all these years, what was in their subtitle, driving simulator, was indeed spot on, hot lapping was my main hobby in the game, driving was actually a moment pure out of time entertainment.
Can't say the same thing for the race experience, the AI, the physic involved in the contacts, the fine set up regulations were lacking for years.
Now GT sport tries to go all in in the race experience...I'm doubtful, even more after the open beta that soured my expectations with a feedback on the wheel that after AC was shameful on all levels, that was unrecognizable for a GT game.
I hope to be part of this evolution of the serie as well, really i hope not to be forced to opt out.

Here the same. I loved doing only time trials and hotlapping around especially Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, enjoying and saving the replays afterwards. That's why I'm glad Pro owners have 60fps replays back like in the GT3 years.

Inside

I want to but it's telling me 40+ hours to download :/

There is a tropical storm here right now and it's really messing with the internet.

Mine said the same. But after being put in sleep mode the speed went up because 2 hours later it was finish downloading when I started up the console again

I've been changing between framerate and quality mode and hot damn does it look nice at 4K or whatever res the game's rendering at.

Man, I had totally disregarded and forgotten about GT, but am now excited for the demo. Put countless hours into GT3/4 on ps2. Lost interest during ps3 years. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Look forwarded to maxing out my car and playing bumper cars.
Same here. I made the jump to 360 and was more than happy with Forza. Then I made the jump from 360 to PS4 and found myself confused about what could use Forza's place on this console.

sibarraz

Banned
I have a samsubg ku6300. And this game tells me that my game doesnt support HDR. Is this true? Or I have not cobfigurated my tv correctly?

I just ordered the T150 wheel a couple minutes ago so i just would like to know how is it for anyone who used this wheel for the private beta?.

TKM

Polyphony Digital understands color and light better than everyone else. Gran Turismo is Gran Turismo, for better or worse, it's not trying to match other racing games' features. Scapes is the embodiment of this, I don't believe any game marketing committee would have come up with it. It's very much created out of Kazunori Yamauchi's love of cars and photography. As a fan of both, if SIE wants to monetize the heck out of scapes, I'll be their whale. Just please let me buy the backdrops I want, and not be a real money lootbox machine.

I have a samsubg ku6300. And this game tells me that my game doesnt support HDR. Is this true? Or I have not cobfigurated my tv correctly?

It's able to handle HDR input, but not able to actually display the advantages due to low peak brightness and no wide colour gamut. You bought one of those "faux HDR" TV.
The game possibly knows this and doesn't even try to output HDR would be my guess.

DieH@rd

Banned
- Can users SHARE their custom car liveries?
- Can users in a party enter into the same event in "Sport" mode?

That TV can detect HDR metadata but panel is quite poor [it is good for SDR content], it will not be able to showcase HDR properly.

I just realized I let my PS+ subscription lapse last year, and also realized I haven't cared to use it since then. $60 to download a screensaver....nah. Does the whole demo require PS+ for online play? The whole game?

Kind of a dick move to gate a demo preload behind a subscription. I guess this is where we are in 2017.

benzy

I just realized I let my PS+ subscription lapse last year, and also realized I haven't cared to use it since then. $60 to download a screensaver....nah. Does the whole demo require PS+ for online play? The whole game?

Kind of a dick move to gate a demo preload behind a subscription. I guess this is where we are in 2017.

You can play online and all the single player stuff without ps+. You just can't pre-load it.

Region?

Europe are able to download without ps+

Fredrik

I'll take playability over seizure inducing camera shake for the pseudo realism of what you see on a mounted camera, any day
Good for you, that's why this is usually an option. I get no immersion without it, it's like I'm not feeling the road, the bumps, the crashes, the speed.

Sorc3r3r

I just ordered the T150 wheel a couple minutes ago so i just would like to know how is it for anyone who used this wheel for the private beta?.

I was using the t500.
Was a mess, ugly, maybe the worse implementation of a force feedback I've experienced.
With this wheel I've played GT5, GT6, Driveclub,PCars, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa.
I hope that was a beta thing, so I'm very curious to try this new build.

Fredrik

The graphics. Just Wow, viewing it on my Sony x930 4K HDR is just amazing.
Same TV here ;) 65XE9305. Sunlight must be blindening, this TV is a canon of light.
No Pro here yet though :( But I hope it'll look alright on base PS4 too. Demo is almost downloaded here. Can't wait to see this!

Yawnny

Although looking great on a 4K TV it's not like it's running native 4K resolution. Now imagine if it was? That would be spectacular.

Game still looks great though.

Yes, but it's never too late to change!

I'd love to buy a T150 RS Pro (~200€ here), but I have no idea where to use it in a small sized living room. There's only a very low couch table, which probably makes the wheel sit too low to be comfortable.

Are there any affordable solutions for this kind of scenario?

Macaco84

(On the ps4 pro at 4k with hdr on the Sony xe9305)

Wow.

Although we can't actually play it yet, everything about this game screams quality.

There has always been something about gran turismo how it captures the romance and history of cars. The music, the atmosphere, the attention to detail. Something I have not found in any other driving game.

Getting similar vibes to when I first loaded up gt prologue on ps3 all those years back.

I so hope this plays well in the pro. I know there were earlier reports of framerate issues in the beta at the higher res.

farisr

Then tell me this.

Am I a horrible person for playing with X and Square instead of R2/L2?

ive done this in every single GT game for thousands of hours, only racing game I play like that...
I was doing that in the beta for a while as well, but it is not really a viable option anymore due to the face buttons not being pressure sensitive anymore. The game legitimately felt much better to control with R2/L2, whereas I was all about those X and Square controls before.

Top Bottom