• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

SkylineRKR

(On the ps4 pro at 4k with hdr on the Sony xe9305)

Wow.

Although we can't actually play it yet, everything about this game screams quality.

There has always been something about gran turismo how it captures the romance and history of cars. The music, the atmosphere, the attention to detail. Something I have not found in any other driving game.

Getting similar vibes to when I first loaded up gt prologue on ps3 all those years back.

I so hope this plays well in the pro. I know there were earlier reports of framerate issues in the beta at the higher res.

I like the calibration options this game gives you. I have 20 backlight etc but still had to move sliders to make the checkerboard invisible.

Dovahking

- Can users SHARE their custom car liveries?.

Yep and more...

(From gtplanet)
gts55vkvf.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I might be buying this game just for Scapes. It sounds crazy but.. it looks crazy.

Good god.

Vuci

I think I might be buying this game just for Scapes. It sounds crazy but.. it looks crazy.

Good god.

I love how there's variety in the scape tech, some are more dynamic than others.
The fully 3d one set in the forest was the least impressive though.

bombshell

Then tell me this.

Am I a horrible person for playing with X and Square instead of R2/L2?

ive done this in every single GT game for thousands of hours, only racing game I play like that...

Yes, you are a horrible person
for not using the right stick pedal controller scheme

Also as said on previous page by another person the face buttons are not pressure sensitive on DS4.

MCD250

Finished downloading the demo. Whew, man. The presentation of this game is classy as hell. I dig it.

Replays look dope too.

now that I've been watching these replays for so long today I'm starting to noticing some low quality shadows and also some reflection pop-in

also looking at the preorder incentives.... holy crap I don't know which to chose? they're all different. The different digital deluxe versions with all the extra cars looks tempting...

Frostman

Honestly, I’m sat here watching the replays on the home screen, and I’ll be honest, they are starting to win me over.

In all honesty though, this game isn’t a good buy for me at launch considering it’s single player content. So I must refrain from purchasing!

Let’s hope they add a deeper campaign post launch.

bombshell

What's the best entry-level racing wheel? Not looking to break the bank too much here.

The T150 is the cheapest supported wheel with force feedback and it's good.

The T80 is cheaper, but I believe it doesn't have force feedback, so it's useless.

What's the best entry-level racing wheel? Not looking to break the bank too much here.

You would be looking at a Thrustmaster T150 then. Talked to some racing friends a couple of months ago when the beta launched, and they said I should avoid the T80 as it has no force feedback at all.

dmr87

Although looking great on a 4K TV it's not like it's running native 4K resolution. Now imagine if it was? That would be spectacular.

Game still looks great though.

Sure, but there's only so much you can do with limited hardware.

The T80 is cheaper, but I believe it doesn't have force feedback, so it's useless.

Better than the Logitech G29?

And I wouldn't say wheels without FF are "useless", they still offer more turn precision than a DS4.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The demo..uh...reel thing...on my TV had almost no jaggies. The IQ looked fantastic. If GT looks like that I think they will have fixed my biggest issue with the series visually on the PS3.

farisr

Honestly, I'm sat here watching the replays on the home screen, and I'll be honest, they are starting to win me over.

In all honesty though, this game isn't a good buy for me at launch considering it's single player content. So I must refrain from purchasing!

Let's hope they add a deeper campaign post launch.
I have a friend who is possibly coming through with a free game code. But if that doesn't work out, I'm sitting this one out until it comes down to the price GT5 Prologue was (official price drop, not a retailer sale). Probably will wait for it to be even cheaper, as GT5 Prologue was basically the promise that a full fledged game of my liking was in the works, so there was no issue in me dropping that money to show support, whereas this is nothing of the sort.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love how there's variety in the scape tech, some are more dynamic than others.
The fully 3d one set in the forest was the least impressive though.
Damn I didn't know there were 3D modelled ones in there, though they were all just static picture environments (made with a custom, highly sophisticated 360 degree camera, of course).

bombshell

Better than the Logitech G29?

And I wouldn't say wheels without FF are "useless", they still offer more turn precision than a DS4.

Sorry, I don't know how the T150 and G29 compare (still on my trusty DFGT), but G29 is a fair bit more expensive and he asked for best entry-level.

About force feedback: Yeah sure enough, but it's just not the same without it, so when one decides to splash out money for a wheel you should never go for only half the experience.

coiler

There are limitations visible on the night racing videos. Only the players car fully illuminates other cars and the track.

FeD.nL

Yes the T150 is the cheapest FFB wheel initially, but the pedal set that comes with it is a piece of crap so you are basically looking at spending another 80-100 to get a good pedal set.

If someone is just looking at buying a good complete set that's reasonably priced I would look for deals on the G29 (anywhere between 170-220 is a good price). Comes with a very good 3-pedal set, a good clamp system (not unimportant) and the wheel itself feels more premium than the T150. Both suffer from a bit of a deadzone in the center position which can mess up your feel of the car when driving lots of straights.

Hey remember when idiots said this game was a lazy piece of shit and were justifying their rage based on some conference slides and early footage

Please check yourselves before prematurely spouting off about a game next time. It's ruining GAF, and you look like an idiot when the thing comes out and looks this glorious

MouldyK

Hey remember when idiots said this game was a lazy piece of shit and were justifying their rage based on some conference slides and early footage

Please check yourselves before prematurely spouting off about a game next time. It's ruining GAF, and you look like an idiot when the thing comes out and looks this glorious

I thought it was lazy based on the lack of Single Player Content.

But I hear that there’s more than we first thought, so who knows.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Let’s not go down this road.

I thought it was lazy based on the lack of Single Player Content.

But I hear that there’s more than we first thought, so who knows.
No one knows and no one knew, which is the point entirely

Let’s not go down this road.

Neah man, shit like this needs to be a lesson for people whose first instinct is to rage at stuff

There was so much negativity surrounding this thing for so long and it needs to stop

23qwerty

The demo..uh...reel thing...on my TV had almost no jaggies. The IQ looked fantastic. If GT looks like that I think they will have fixed my biggest issue with the series visually on the PS3.
huh really, the aliasing is pretty noticeable on my end with a ps4 pro in quality mode..

farisr

No one knows and no one knew, which is the point entirely

Neah man, shit like this needs to be a lesson for people whose first instinct is to rage at stuff

There was so much negativity surrounding this thing for so long and it needs to stop
I never saw anyone calling it a lazy piece of shit, but what's funny is you're talking like you have some sort of proof that the game turned out super different from the early slides (needs to be a lesson implies that something has happened to counteract the early reactions), when in actuality what they're showing off and saying even now in regards to content it is quite in line with what they showed off in their early slides.

So seems like you're the one that needs to learn a lesson here. Don't take criticisms against the game personally. People are not going to like everything and are going to have negative reactions even if you're hyped for something.

Shane89

i dunno... from these gifs it looks too good to be true... i tried the beta and it was underwhelming.... and you know... a beta is almost a finished product.

I never saw anyone calling it a lazy piece of shit, but what's funny is you're talking like you have some sort of prof that the game turned out super different from the early slides, when in actuality what they're showing off and saying even now it is quite in line with what they showed off in their early slides.

So seems like you're the one that needs to learn a lesson here. Don't take criticisms against the game personally.

Ahh, right. So you were one of the 'sceptical' ones, I reckon.

I don't take anything game-related personally, nor do I care about GT Sport all that much. I just strongly dislike the overwhelming negativity in gaming, and I'd like GAF to be devoid of it more often.

farisr

i dunno... from these gifs it looks too good to be true... i tried the beta and it was underwhelming.... and you know... a beta is almost a finished product.
It's not that hard to believe, last year PD showed a really significant amount of improvement between their May and June builds of the game. It's been a half a year since the beta, and they've likely been going hard in on polishing for final release.

Top Bottom