• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches on November 15th.

Audioboxer

Most of those "scapes" just look like real life photographs that you can place the cars into, which is pretty piss poor actually. Looks cool, but other than zoom in you can't do anything. Would rather fully rendered settings instead...

Honestly, that trailer seems disappointing to me. Not much better than GT6, indeed GT6 remastered more than anything particularly new.

I want to be hyped but mixed responses and that Eurogamer impression leave me a bit "concerned". Honestly if the game plays like GT6 with a few modern bells and whistles that would be fine, but if that sound is not massively improved... it truly puts me off. Playing Dirt Rally and my time with Project Cars before I traded it in showed exactly what modern racing games should sound like. If PD don't make amends on that front I'll be seriously disappointed.

It's PD, be prepared for a million patches. Them and Evo (RIP) have to be tied for after game support.

GHG

Nothing and never stated I did, however as you'll find in my initial post my belief is that Turn 10 are now more reliable than PD so based on that my expectation is that even if it's as good as Horizon 2 it would be my purchase this year.

Obviously this could all change if for some reason H3 looked bad but recent history suggests that's unlikely.

The Horizon games are primarily developed by Playground Games but carry on...

Noobcraft

Some of the photo travel shots look absolutely real lol. Some looked like poor Photoshops (the lighting on the car didnt match the environment well) but some were nearly indistinguishable from reality.

Predwolf

This is the GT5:prologue of the PS4 generation - underwhelming, limited, missing the key elements that make a GT game great.

If I can't go car shopping at a used car dealer and start amassing every year and model of my favourite cars, it's not a proper GT.

DavidDesu

Some of the photo travel shots look absolutely real lol. Some looked like poor Photoshops (the lighting on the car didnt match the environment well) but some were nearly indistinguishable from reality.

It's just photos of real locations that you can put the car into. It's disappointing.

I have next to no interest in this one as it seems to be basically half a Gran Turismo, omitting the "normal" and focusing exclusively on professional racing leagues and such. This clean, regulated, professional business and its purpose-built perfect racing cars is boring. The part of Gran Turismo where you take some horrible crapmobile and transform it into a horrible crapmobile with 900hp is a large part of the appeal of GT to me.

That cover art is of a racing boxer? Wish that was indicative of the actual game. I'd be into a Gran Turismo x Road Rash.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really hoping with a focus on 'racing' that the AI gets a significant boost.

I tried GT6 this year and despite REALLY wanting to like it due to its massive content value, the core experience was just so dull as the AI was literally non-existent. Made the progression loop just exponentially more rote, trivial, and lacking much engagement.

Jamesways

Because those 2 racing games aim to do exactly the same thing right?

Fucking hell racing threads really drag the bullshit out of people.

Haha, right? Like the Dirt Rally thread where someone said "Driveclub looks better than this, I'll still with that for my point to point rallies".

uh ok.

Predwolf

I have next to no interest in this one as it seems to be basically half a Gran Turismo, omitting the "normal" and focusing exclusively on professional racing leagues and such. This clean, regulated, professional business and its purpose-built perfect racing cars is boring. The part of Gran Turismo where you take some horrible crapmobile and transform it into a horrible crapmobile with 900hp is a large part of the appeal of GT to me.

That cover art is of a racing boxer? Wish that was indicative of the actual game. I'd be into a Gran Turismo x Road Rash.

Exactly this.

GT has its roots in buying cheap used cars with crazy high mileage, spending ten times what the car's worth in parts you can only afford by doing four or five races per purchase. Then, you use your 1996 Mitsubishi FTO to crush Vipers and Aston Martins.

That is GT.

GHG

Everything I said applies to Motorsport and also doesn't change what I said about the games.

You do realise how stupid it looks to say "this doesn't look great but I'm going to get an unnanounced game at I know abosutely nothing about instead" right? Nevermind the fact that one is a track focused Motorsport game and the other is an open world light hearted simcade game.

For the record, I'm not even disagreeing with your opinion on GT Sport, there's just no need for bullshit. It doesn't make your point come across any stronger.

in what like 5 yrs from now given their dev track record?

You need to wait for the PS5 to be announced.
Then they will release it on the PS4.

Robbok

Exactly this.

GT has its roots in buying cheap used cars with crazy high mileage, spending ten times what the car's worth in parts you can only afford by doing four or five races per purchase. Then, you use your 1996 Mitsubishi FTO to crush Vipers and Aston Martins.

That is GT.

so true

VR support will be the culprit for the shortcomings of GTS/7 much like GT5/6's problems were blamed on ram capacity on PS3 then?

jeffram

Common sense. You can't simply lower detail with a slider like PC first off. For instance drive club is almost an entirely different game. The amount of cars allowed per race had to be lowered, maps reworked, effects turned off.

This game was built from the ground up to include vr. With that in mind there will be significant sacrifice. I'm not a tech guru like some on this site, but its been made clear, with the limited power significant sacrifices will be needed in order to run a game in vr.

Drive club was a 30fps game. They had to get to 60fps to enable vr. Drive club VR is a different game yes, but the inclusion of VR didn't retroactively make driveclub worse.

You are asserting that 1. GT does't look good and 2. It doesn't look good because of considerations of vr.

Sure, there are sacrifices made to support VR, but that's for VR mode. I can't think of a single game where any dev has made a comment about adding in VR functionality would hurt the visuals of non-VR versions of the game.

spwolf

As mentioned, the full retail release is set for November 15, 2016 in North America. The EU release date is November 16, and the UK must wait until November 18.
The game will feature over 130 cars, including new PD-created race versions of existing models. All cars will feature an interior view, and have been built from scratch for PS4.
19 tracks at launch, with 27 variations, including new additions Northern Isle Speedway and Tokyo Expressway.
Tarmac and rally racing to be featured.
For the first time in GT history, a livery editor is included!
117 Events are available offline.
In addition to the above, the FIA championship will be a primary feature of the game. A digital licensing feature will be available in 22 countries, a number likely to grow before launch.
The Nations Cup and Manufacturer Fan Cup first announced at GT Sport’s original reveal will be present.
GT Sport will feature a renewed Museum mode, last seen in GT5.
Photomode has received an overhaul with the inclusion of “Scapes“. Hundreds will be available for players to chose from, with no limit on cars included in the shot.
Photomode will have a 4K output option, much as GT5 and GT6 do.
A focus on social features fosters an entire community within the game.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-launch-date-revealed-november-15/

Game is going to be spectacular. Main mode will be FIA sanctioned!

Unknown?

GT 6 (Bullshot)
http://

GT Sport (hopefully not bullshot)
http://

If what they have shown are not bullshots, GT Sport is going to look as the GT 6 bullshots in real time, with slightly better lighting. Not bad, specially for a game meant for VR. But still not a generational leap on visuals. If the scenario is worst, and the game looks like the real PS3 GT 6 at full HD/60... This is going to be one of the mayor dissapointments on the 1st party IPs of the current gen.

It's not like Forza or Project Cars looks any better.. Heck GT6 looks pretty darn good and makes NFS on PS4 look like a PS3 game.

Unknown?

No. Just no lol.
Uh yes! NFS Rivals looks like crap. It may have a bit more cleanliness but overall it lacks detail. The only places GT6 doesn't look good are old tracks that aren't built for PS3 but Matterhorn, Willow Springs, Red Bull Ring look fantastic.

spwolf

Common sense. You can't simply lower detail with a slider like PC first off. For instance drive club is almost an entirely different game. The amount of cars allowed per race had to be lowered, maps reworked, effects turned off.

This game was built from the ground up to include vr. With that in mind there will be significant sacrifice. I'm not a tech guru like some on this site, but its been made clear, with the limited power significant sacrifices will be needed in order to run a game in vr.

If you are not tech guru, there is no need to assume that game will be gimped because of VR, because thats not how the tech works. Internally they will do the same thing that PC devs do with a slider.

It's not like Forza or Project Cars looks any better.. Heck GT6 looks pretty darn good and makes NFS on PS4 look like a PS3 game.
giphy.gif

Soi-Fong

I think VR is fucking them up. Should have allowed them to just focus on doing the normal PS4 game.

VR is what's gonna push this game. Demo this shit to the masses who know the Gran Turismo name and this WILL sell VR and get Playstation in a good position.

Papacheeks

Banned
Yeah I get that, but the results in some cases were outstanding. Otherwise I'm not really impressed with the graphics.

Doesn't it already have more tracks and cars than Driveclub?

Yea i think so, but I'm talking about how they deliver DLC. As people commented on the amount of cars compared to previous GT entry's.

lol I am absolutely not surprised at some people saying this game looks "last gen". Optometry-GAF would be making a fortune around here. Christ all mighty...

That said, I can't even imagine what an inevitable GT7 optimized to PS4k/PS5 might look like. I mean, how much higher can the ceiling go? Incredible.

danowat

Banned
Exactly this.

That is GT.
This isn't GT, this is GT Sport.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Day after my birthday, works for me. My thrustmaster wheel can get some more work since I didn't really get into Driveclub as much as I hoped, and didn't like Project Cars.

paskowitz

People, please remember that Driveclub was at 30fps, with likely less cars on track. I don't know what everyone was expecting??? Try running pCARS or Assetto Corsa on anything less than a $250 GPU and see how "good" it looks.

Top Bottom