• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

So the beat a license test gold by 1 second or more trophy hit for me on the last intermediate challenge. Cayman full lap at Dragon Trail. Did it a few times and got the trophy. Full lap tests are definitely going to be the place to get this trophy. More places to make up time.

emjot

My driving school and missions progress did not carry over form the demo, although my credits and cars did. Do I have to do this manually again? I was prompted with a notice when booting the game and confirmed it.

bombshell

My driving school and missions progress did not carry over form the demo, although my credits and cars did. Do I have to do this manually again? I was prompted with a notice when booting the game and confirmed it.

It's not supposed to carry over more than that.

c0de

Which DLC will be available for the standard edition? Will extra cars and tracks only be available for a supreme deluxe edition?

I wish we could set the main menu BGM to play at all times, or at least silence the driving test BGM and win songs. Ruining my chill with that stuff. Hell, I might even turn on music during races if I could play some of these menu tracks.

O8LW89l.jpg

Thats a lot of scapes.

Kaze13

Waiting all day. I know I have the game preloaded. It even had 10 or so gigs more than the beta. I sit at work salivating at the thought of driving bliss. Then, I read that the day one patch is handled after the game unlocks. Ok, no problem, my PS4 will surely auto download. I sit at work for two more agonizing hours, waiting. I knew the truth but forced it back with hope and optimism. I come home, perhaps realizing that I have already lost this battle. I check for updates before even starting the game. The game is now downloading the patch. Two hours. It's not the end of the world but it's so disappointing. This isn't the way I imagined it would be day one and I have work early tomorrow. Fuck. This. System.

GHG

Gold Member
Which DLC will be available for the standard edition? Will extra cars and tracks only be available for a supreme deluxe edition?

What...?

When has this ever been the case? The deluxe version of this game only gives people extra in game credits and a handful of cars already unlocked that you would ordinarily be able to unlock with in game credits anyway.

J3ffro

My buddies and I used to joke that a friend of ours would bitch about anything. "If you gave him a free car, he'd complain about the color." somebody once said.

I've turned into my friend. Because this

oe63Zsv.jpg

Should look more like

Xh7p0PW.jpg

It's just damn inconsiderate of them.

c0de

What? There’s been no DLC roadmap yet. All deluxe does is get you slightly ahead in normal progression.

What? I am genuinely asking. There is already talk about DLC in this thread and there is a special edition of this game - how is that then not a legit question?
If deluxe only gives you progress advantages, the better.

Guys sport mode is game changing. Sportsmanship ranking is a game changer and really affects people on the track. It’s real competitive and makes racing for 1st or 10th intense as hell.

Although I was extra careful and got pushed into people and my SR went to B.

Kind of wish I did a little more research I would have just grabbed the standard and not the digital deluxe oh well.

What? I am genuinely asking. There is already talk about DLC in this thread and there is a special edition of this game - how is that then not a legit question?
If deluxe only gives you progress advantages, the better.

Well, the game itself references DLC. As did Kaz. Beyond that, nada.

I just need confirmation of rain (down the road) and I will be in.

Don't even care for dynamic systems at this point, I'll let PD takes its sweet time to get back the dynamics systems to GTS levels if that means a polished product, but I just don't like that they've been quiet over the lack of some features and when it can be expected.

Wollan

Guys sport mode is game changing. Sportsmanship ranking is a game changer and really affects people on the track. It's real competitive and makes racing for 1st or 10th intense as hell.
Also it makes every ranking advance feel well earned even if only be one or two.

emjot

It's not supposed to carry over more than that.

Thought it also said on the prompt the whole progress will carry over (driver level, completed missions etc.). I mean, now I have to do this whole stuff again for the same price cars or are they gonna be different ones in missions? Seems kinda off to me, that my driver history already has "reached driver level 10" achievements unlocked, when I start at 0 again, but okay.

Makikou

Guys sport mode is game changing. Sportsmanship ranking is a game changer and really affects people on the track. It’s real competitive and makes racing for 1st or 10th intense as hell.

It's been here in iRacing.com since 2008 so I guess we've known better for ages. It's nice GTS doing it and tbh its the only reason I bought GTS

Who the hell had the bright idea of using YouTube videos for the training videos? They’re a stuttery mess and take too long to load. Could’ve just included those videos with the game.

It's been here in iRacing.com since 2008 so I guess we've known better for ages. It's nice GTS doing it and tbh its the only reason I bought GTS

Yes, sorry I should acknowledge iRacing here for sure. When I talk about game changing I’m talking about console racers and specifically GT.

Not Drake

Hoping my copy gets dispatched today. Really excited for it after the demo.

We made it boys and girls. Quote this post if you want your PSN in the OT for GAF GT Racing

I'm pretty bad at keeping up with the pace and generally finish in the bottom half, but I'm in for some clean racing

ID: lbrowsky

Wollan

It's a gaming-changing feature that's well overdue to be put in the limelight. Good thing Gran Turismo jumps in with both feet. :)

GHG

Gold Member
It's a gaming-changing feature that's well overdue to be put in the limelight. Good thing Gran Turismo jumps in with both feet. :)

Yeh it's about time people started respecting each other in an online racing game on consoles. When it works it's refreshing to see.

Top Bottom