• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

I'm a bit bummed that the school progress doesn't carry over, but then again they never claimed it would so I can't really complain.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man all these scapes. Just downloaded the extra scapes pack and spent ten minutes in just one of them. 1,000+ to go!

mcfizzle4

Downloading 1.02 which didn't autodownload overnight for whatever reason and then I'm ready to go. I have semester break this week so it's going to be a ton of fun. Finally, Gran Turismo on PS4 and VR!

Dinjooh

I have a somewhat sick child to attend to, a 12 page paper to write for class, and some work stuff. But I'm here playing GTS!

Just finish that paper and the time will be so much sweeter imo

Also if you're looking for some constructive criticism for your paper, I've heard that off topic is really good at that ;)

Niks

Gonna get some shut eye... but exited to continue playing tomorrow.

Constantly in awe of the polish of menus an UI... they really did a grat job.

Man all these scapes. Just downloaded the extra scapes pack and spent ten minutes in just one of them. 1,000+ to go!

Yeah, liveries and scapes are going to be massive time sink.

BeeDog

How big is the Scapes pack? Oh, and does GT Sport use its own internal downloader for DLC? Hated that shit in GT5/6.

Just finish that paper and the time will be so much sweeter imo

Also if you're looking for some constructive criticism for your paper, I've heard that off topic is really good at that ;)

Yeah... I know. I'm working on the paper now! Business before pleasure!

Mush

It is pure garbage. An insult to any competent rally game. Just slippy slidey bullshit. This has no place in a game with so much polish elsewhere.
Agreed. Rallying has felt the same since GT4 (to me anyway).
What’s up Antipodean GAF? Mush, Stillmatic et al.

Less than 5 hours to go…
I am *this* close to just buying the game now digitally and just canceling my preorder at JB Hifi because I can't wait another 12 hours.

This is by far the most license tests in a GT game. God damn, this is great!

I really find them kind of irritating, especially feeling like I need to go ahead and do them right out of the gate. And then feeling like I need to get gold on every one...

Oh god, rally license tests. So fucking horrible. Why is this mode even in this game?

But totally agree with this. I wish they had spent all the rally dev time on things we enjoy. Not that I don't enjoy rally, I love rally races, but GTS does rally handling more poorly than even some PS1 games.

May god have mercy on your soul for the last row of intermediate licenses tests. All rally. This sucks. Can't wait to put rally behind me after clearing all single player rally challenges.

Crayon

It is pure garbage. An insult to any competent rally game. Just slippy slidey bullshit. This has no place in a game with so much polish elsewhere.

I thought the handling was fine. The lack of feedback and almost any off road features is what I don't like.

Ughhh, planning to get a t300(used, but in excellent condition) from my cousin for $140, but I know I won't have the time to play this for awhile. I usually play racing games over the summer when I have a chunk of time to grind before/after work. You guys are making it really freakin' hard for me to stay away lol

Had a lot of fun with the demo and I can't wait to be able to jump in eventually after fall sem is over!!

My main complaint is all the other license tests taught you something valuable toward actual racing. The rally tests are just about learning how to exploit the god awful rally physics in the game. Not satisfying at all. Richard Burns is rolling in his grave somewhere.

emjot

Can you also pause and resume a game updatre download? Because I thought it jus tstarted back from 0 when I did. The download speed I'm getting for the 1.02 right now is abysmal.

Switch to a gamepad. There is no way to turn off the 1080 max turn radius. The dirt licenses are so dumb.

My wheel limits are fine. The dirt physics are just trash. Everything else has been great. The rally mode is just really poor, as it has always been in GT games. Thank god the final two tests in intermediate are tarmac drifting.

Oh man, I got too hyped about this and preordered the deluxe edition even though I was planning to wait until this was on sale later. It's just too bad I don't have a wheel anymore and I'm not sure If my wife would be too thrilled about some racing wheel setup in our current living room either... Anyway, can't wait!

bombshell

Can you also pause and resume a game updatre download? Because I thought it jus tstarted back from 0 when I did. The download speed I'm getting for the 1.02 right now is abysmal.

Yeah, you can. It can look like it restarts from 0, but that's because after you resume it removes what you already have downloaded from the total size that it shows.

Eager to get a nap in, go to work, and then race all night. Having a blast, although not looking forward to any rally nonsense whatsoever.

Which is a shame, because Walter Röhrl is the man.

Double H

I am *this* close to just buying the game now digitally and just canceling my preorder at JB Hifi because I can't wait another 12 hours.
There's still time to have it all download before midnight ;)

If you've got work tomorrow I'd say hold fire. There wont be anything worth staying up for except to recomplete the beta's licenses and missions. Or does progress transfer and not the leaderboard times?

EDIT: @bombshell :/

benzy

kf4jHh.png

72vQWa.png

EcHLmc.png

X8KxUg.png

XgeO98.png

bombshell

There's still time to have it all download before midnight ;)

If you've got work tomorrow I'd say hold fire. There wont be anything worth staying up for except to recomplete the beta's licenses and missions. Or does progress transfer and not the leaderboard times?

Only the leaderboard times and not your actual campaign progress.

That is a hideous interior colour. Nice image batch.

Yes, last test for intermediate is full lap of Dragon Trail with Cayman. There is a god.

Is Rally in GTS that bad? Ever since playing Dirt Rally I love rally stuff

Yep. Dirt Rally is amazing. The GTS rally feels so off. Just IMO, but it does not have the physics polish of the rest of the tarmac based game.

Kashiwaba

So I'm new to ps4 pro should i keep the system at 1080 with downsample or 4k? I have a 4k TV but i barely notice the difference.

Top Bottom