• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

darkwing

I think it was in the pop up when first entering Sport mode. It said they update on Tuesdays, but I thought it was referencing something else. They can't call them daily races and then update them weekly surely...

well, there it is, Weeklies then, 1 week of oval racing for everyone!

thelastword

Banned
MewRpc4.gif

22Qxfbs.gif

zQ96N27.gif

I mean, seriously. What game comes close right now?
No 60fps racer comes close as far as realism goes and ATD goes.....

cakely

I think it was in the pop up when first entering Sport mode. It said they update on Tuesdays, but I thought it was referencing something else. They can't call them daily races and then update them weekly surely...

The popup said Dailies would start on Tuesday, 10/17/2017.

They're dailies, guys. Don't panic.

The driving in this game is fucking incredible and with that sound holy shit quite accurate needs more random noise but still so good sounds great on the ct800

What a game what a game... It's just so damn tight feeling

Been racing the gr4 viper 2015 circa just nonstop love the car

Suped up viper was always my go to in gt3 so just reliving the experience of a new gt again gt3 was my first true gt experience

Tried the 900 hp Peugeot lolll what a fun race that was too

Haven't tried online but man the thrill of driving in this game is incredible so responsive and the feel of the road is legit palpable

Tfault

It's flat-out incorrect to call weekly races daily races. Something doesn't add up here.

In the online user manual it says

・Daily Races

Daily Races are online race events that take place every day. The events are updated on a regular basis, and the same events are held repeatedly for a certain period of time.

Note the highlighted, regular being the key word.

JJShadow

I REALLY hope the Daily Races doesn't reset on a weekly basis, that'd be a deal-breaker for me

Maybe they'll reset today around 18-19 CET time?

KdotIX

If this is what it is, almost all of my enthusiasm to play this game has evaporated.

Wow, really? That's all it takes?

I think their definition of daily races is: 3 races run all-day over a period of one week. In PD's mind, Weekly races are 1 race per week, which is effectively what the FIA Nations and Manufacturer cup series should be.

All about perspective.

Also kinda makes sense to have these "dailies" be running over a week to allow for normalisation of leaderboards, race strategies, effective tuning techniques etc. Also allow for everyone a chance to compete in these events, some people won't log into the game every single day. Remember what the intro says: "Sport is for everyone" ;)

Edit: Would have been better if they didn't kick things off with a dreaded oval Gr. 3 race though.

magawolaz

Manual is pretty vague even in other languages.

I guess the daily update system was just for the beta?

I'm furious, they need to fix this.

EDIT: either bring back daily updates, or add many many more races.

harrytang

Daily races aren't daily if they aren't daily.
I agree, however, I do like getting to know these courses so well. People should see times going down over the course of the week with the best races hopefully right before reset. Gives me a change to test a new car or two and see what performs best. Also means a year goes before they recycle any ribbons probably.

Loudninja

Known Issues (17/10/2017)
Issues planned to be fixed in the next update

■Controller・Usability
- An issue wherein there's excessive force feedback strength when using the Thrustmaster T500RS steering controller causing understeer (this will be addressed at a later date);

- An issue wherein the steering speed sensitivity when using a standard DUALSHOCK®4 is not high enough, making it hard to handle cars while oversteering and drifting (this will be addressed at a later date).
In Progress Issue

■ Game Save
- An issue wherein manually saving your data will occasionally result in failure due to a communication issue with the server;

- This can be mitigated by playing the game for approximately 15 minutes before attempting to save your progress.

■ Email Address Deletion
- An issue wherein repeatedly deleting your email address from [Options] > [Email Address] will cause the game to crash.

■ Drift Trial
- An issue wherein participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior livery created with a custom colour chip would result in the game crashing after the result screen.

■ Steering Wheel Controller
- An issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A 'H pattern shifter' is not properly recognised when connected to the steering wheel controller. While we're working towards a fix, please connect the peripheral directly to the PlayStation®4 via USB until this problem is resolved;

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our players.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1887594.html

ornery

I think the post is referring to the other racing events that ARENT the dailies. The dailies will be updated daily, and the others will change out every tuesday.

Did a Speedway online race last night. And thought I came in 13th.

Until the final results were tallied. I had no penalties, and was pushed all the way up to 3rd because 3rd-12th all had penalties, some nearly a minute.

I'm liking this new system.

Codeblew

Most people are driving M4's now anyway, and those that aren't are just in a different class!

Looking forward to seeing how the competitions work, looking forward to something a bit more meaty than just running dailies over and over.

I had a race in C DR/ B SR last night where 3/4 were M4's. The top 8 finishes were all M4's (including me).

By the way, what DR/SR rating due first time online players start with? I don't remember from the demo.

emjot

Any tips on beating the AI on oval on Missions Stage 8-6? Car is fixed, setup is fixed, they just run cricles around me. I can do the same lap times with medium tires that the AI does on hard, but I loose my gains in the pit, when I have to change tires at halftime, when the AI just goes for fuel.

KdotIX

I don't know what "race event content" is. Maybe it's the pool that the dailies pull from?

They're called "dailies" and they were daily in the beta. They're going to rotate on a daily basis. Let's not freak out.

They rotated daily in the limited time demo. However, iirc, they rotated every week in the closed beta.

I think their definition of daily races is: 3 races run all-day over a period of one week. In PD's mind, Weekly races are 1 race per week, which is effectively what the FIA Nations and Manufacturer cup series should be.

All about perspective.

Also kinda makes sense to have these "dailies" be running over a week to allow for normalisation of leaderboards, race strategies, effective tuning techniques etc. Also allow for everyone a chance to compete in these events, some people won't log into the game every single day. Remember what the intro says: "Sport is for everyone" ;)

Edit: Would have been better if they didn't kick things off with a dreaded oval Gr. 3 race though.

Yeah, I'm here for the daily Sport Mode content--not weekly stuff. The daily stuff really, really hooked me during the demo. If that's not what it is in the release, then it'll become a game I play way more infrequently than I had hoped.

darkwing

All about perspective.

makes sense lol

Codeblew

It's Daillies, how did that start became Weeklies?

Is this something that's confirmed, or from a rumor somewhere?

Maybe it is because of different release dates between regions. Perhaps they are trying to sync them up and they will become dailies once EU gets a full day on the first set that US got.

sourc3d

Did a Speedway online race last night. And thought I came in 13th.

Until the final results were tallied. I had no penalties, and was pushed all the way up to 3rd because 3rd-12th all had penalties, some nearly a minute.

I'm liking this new system.

What a douche system, nearly as bad as F1 grid penalties.

All time penalties should be applied/served during the race, last thing you want is a post finish line lottery of penalty winners and losers.

If I cross the line in 1st I want to stay there, conversely if I placed 13th, I don't want to be elevated to a podium based on a technicality as its a hollow victory when won that way!

Loudninja

All time penalties should be applied/served during the race, last thing you want is a post finish line lottery of penalty winners and losers.

If I cross the line in 1st I want to stay there, conversely if I placed 13th, I don't want to be elevated to a podium based on a technicality as its a hollow victory when won that way!
This is totally again the idea of the game.

WoolyNinja

They give you time penalties during the race - the people he was speaking of just refused to slow down and take their penalties and so all the time penalties they didn't slow down for were added up at the end of the race. They should've slowed down for a few seconds.

FeD.nL

Maybe it is because of different release dates between regions. Perhaps they are trying to sync them up and they will become dailies once EU gets a full day on the first set that US got.

This is what I'm suspecting. Makes the most sense tbh. Since the demo wasn't like this.

plidex

It’s incredible that it took almost 10 years for someone to copy iRacing’s online system.

I’m glad someone finally did it, iRacing is truly amazing, I raced there quite a bit but I no longer have the time to invest in it.

You can serve them during the race. I picked up a 10s penalty and served it by pulling into the center and lifting off the throttle.

sourc3d

They give you time penalties during the race - the people he was speaking of just refused to slow down and take their penalties and so all the time penalties they didn't slow down for were added up at the end of the race. They should've slowed down for a few seconds.

Should be black flagged then or something during the race for not serving them within a set period or atleast on the lap they were accrued on.

From playing the demo I appreciated the slight flexibility being able to take the time penalty when it was most convenient to me with the least impact on my lap over a forced slow down of old games, but I normally did this within a corner or two of receiving it. Didn't realise they could be allowed to roll over until the race end and seems pointless to allow them to get that far just to be demoted.

KdotIX

Yeah, I'm here for the daily Sport Mode content--not weekly stuff. The daily stuff really, really hooked me during the demo. If that's not what it is in the release, then it'll become a game I play way more infrequently than I had hoped.

I mean, that's fair enough and understandable. But I thought what kept you coming back were the emergent nature of Sport mode and the competition/moments that comes out of those races in addition to building on DR/SR. That's what kept me going back, not necessarily the daily track/car changes.

Also like I said above, the closed beta had the weekly change format for daily races, so I imagined thats the form they would take on release, not the form that was set up for the timed demo. I guess we're at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I mean, that's fair enough and understandable. But I thought what kept you coming back were the emergent nature of Sport mode and the competition/moments that comes out of those races in addition to building on DR/SR. That's what kept me going back, not necessarily the daily track/car changes.

Also like I said above, the closed beta had the weekly change format for daily races, so I imagined thats the form they would take on release, not the form that was set up for the timed demo. I guess we're at opposite ends of the spectrum.

You're quite right--it was absolutely the emergent nature. However, adding to that was the idea that you get up, learn new tracks, and then race those throughout the day. I liked that sort of "ritual."

I'm also miffed at the needless use of the term "daily." If they aren't daily, but weekly, just call them something else. This could go for the closed beta, the demo, whatever. But purposefully using the term daily, when that measure of time is apparently inapplicable, and then pairing that term with some of the follow-on language--well, it's misleading.

And I hate being misled.

I'm happy the way it is. It will teach people if they want to win they better race properly. If that person is first and they did it by charging through the pack and cutting corners they cheated to get there.

If you want to play that way there are the lobbies.

magawolaz

This is what I'm suspecting. Makes the most sense tbh. Since the demo wasn't like this.
GT website is pretty clear, and online manual is pretty vague. I think we just took daily updates for granted.

I can see why they want weekly updates -I believe GT6 matchmaking updated weekly as well- but they need to change the name and add more events.

Really baffled by this decision. "Real" daily races would get people more hooked on the game I think.

GT website is pretty clear, and online manual is pretty vague. I think we just took daily updates for granted.

I can see why they want weekly updates -I believe GT6 matchmaking updated weekly as well- but they need to change the name and add more events.

Really baffled by this decision. "Real" daily races would get people more hooked on the game I think.

It’s the centerpiece of the entire game and they absolutely fucked up the messaging. Baffling indeed.

Top Bottom