• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

My sport mode stats make for decent reading so far.

27 races
8 victories
8 poles
6 fastest laps

Not bad, not bad.

God I need to get better. I'm not sure how many races I have, probably mid-teens, but I have 0 victories, 1 pole, and 1 fastest lap.

Rey

Ok whats going on. When I want to watch a replay from yesterday the game crashes with error (CE-34878/0).

Anybody else has this problem?

GHG

Gold Member
God I need to get better. I'm not sure how many races I have, probably mid-teens, but I have 0 victories, 1 pole, and 1 fastest lap.

It's only because the highest DR/SR I've been is C/C.

I'm "overlevelled" against the guys I'm racing against most of the time.

Pretty sure we raced together in the Civic race yesterday or today. But dude, chill out.

Take a look at the post history of the person I quoted. They have instigated with dickhead comments multiple times. They could have admitted they were wrong and dropped it last night, but kept on popping off with bullshit.

Were we near each other at all during the race? Hopefully I was a gentleman on the track.

Niks

tbJ76zD.gif

Keep em coming. It really is a good looking game.

kriskrosbbk

Correct. When you switch between them it will take some hundred metres before it has recalculated your possible race distance on the new power/lean level.

Cheers bud clear. One last thing there are some numbers right under the gas meter . eg 0.00012 etc. What are those?

It's only because the highest DR/SR I've been is C/C.

I'm "overlevelled" against the guys I'm racing against most of the time.

With me it's the opposite. I'm B/S and I race most of the time with top tier players. It's very hard to win when in the same race I have to face 3 top 10 players. Seriously. In one race yesterday in Suzuka, I played against the nº2, nº4 and nº10 in Europe. Well, at least I have clean races. XD

WoolyNinja

This is the first racing game where I don’t care if I don’t win?! I just had a clean race at DR C / SR B and went from 14th to 10th and I’m thrilled! I just want them to rotate the dailies more and this will be my perfect racing game.

Is there no detailed race history to look at? I thought I could check out my race last night to see my sector times and such, but as far as I can tell, that only is visible inside the replay? The race stats in the replays are awesome. I want that accessible from my profile page!

GHG

Gold Member
With me it's the opposite. I'm B/S and I race most of the time with top tier players. It's very hard to win when in the same race I have to face 3 top 10 players. Seriously. In one race yesterday in Suzuka, I played against the nº2, nº4 and nº10 in Europe. Well, at least I have clean races. XD

To be honest I'd rather have clean races than these hollow victories against scrubs who only end up wiping each other out.

My SR dropped to C yesterday evening.

Life has no meaning.

Try being D :/

Syntsui

I'm in, still downloading the 12GB data but I can play the Arcade.

The game never asked me to transfer the Beta data, will it happen once the download is finished or did they straight up fucked me?

Q--_-

if you get hit and hit another from what I experienced, i refrain from hard breaking if I'm in the middle of the pack now lol

Yeah, I avoid that like the plague! But it literally seemed like I was losing SR because I was getting hit and not hitting others. I was extremely confused. Haha.

I'm in, still downloading the 12GB data but I can play the Arcade.

The game never asked me to transfer the Beta data, will it happen once the download is finished or did they straight up fucked me?

Once you fire up the game for the first time.

The GIFs are amazing!

I feel like it's impossible to catch an oversteering car with a controller. Any tips?
My G27 is crying in the corner watching me racing with a controller.

WoolyNinja

The more I play the campaign the more I don’t understand the complaints about a lack of single player. I’ve probably already put in 3 hours of single player and have only done about 10% of the total content. Are the people complaining not trying for golds?

The more I play the campaign the more I don’t understand the complaints about a lack of single player. I’ve probably already put in 3 hours of single player and have only done about 10% of the total content. Are the people complaining not trying for golds?

It all stems back to not having a car wash.

Does anyone know if the Gran Turismo 6 servers are still online and if they've announced an end date if they are?

Wanted to go back and play some, see how far the visuals have come (and play some single player stuff via seasonals) and realized my copy has gone missing. Don't want to buy it again if all the online seasonal races and all are shut down.

Exact same numbers for me lol I got into C/B recently and now I always start from the back of the grid

Pretty much had the same thing but middle of the pack. Worked my way up to consistently starting in the top three but I'm about two good races from becoming B/B possibly B/A and know I will have to get faster when I make the step. Happy with that stat as I have only done 10 sport races. I have had the chance to win multiple races but I've choked every time.

I wonder what magic trick I'm missing for the 8-6.

Managed to get 2nd place but might aswell been last because the AI cars seem to outrun me even when I'm hanging in their slipstream, when they have no one to slipstream from!

I guess faster laps is the only answer. :[

In a race go to options, scroll right to the bottom for "advanced options". Or whatever it's called. Hud options are there.

Thanks, gonna restart the PS4 and set to English. Played all of the beta without HUD and now I can't even find the advanced options 😞

Syntsui

Hud options are bare bones as fuck btw, you either take a freaking bloated screen with shit you want + a lot of irrelevant shit or a less bloated one missing important information.

plidex

Thanks, gonna restart the PS4 and set to English. Played all of the beta without HUD and now I can't even find the advanced options 😞

Advanced options are inside another set of options, pretty sure it’s driving options, it’s at the bottom after the assists options

Hud options are bare bones as fuck btw, you either take a freaking bloated screen with shit you want + a lot of irrelevant shit or a less bloated one missing important information.

Yep, pretty incredible not being able to at least turn off map

Ardenyal

Credits are rolling, it's over! it's done!

Guess I should try that online mode some time. Still got all the arcade races to go though and 2 endurance events to gold -___-

38 hours playtime so far, phew. Only tried one race online so far. That's plenty enough SP content in my opinion.

When you are going to enter an event go into driving settings, advanced settings, there is something like display info: all info, only race info, and off

In a race go to options, scroll right to the bottom for "advanced options". Or whatever it's called. Hud options are there.

Advanced options are inside another set of options, pretty sure it’s driving options, it’s at the bottom after the assists options

Yep, pretty incredible not being able to at least turn off map

Found them! Damn I'm dumd or the settings are hard to find. Go to driving options ( when preparing for race ) go detailed setting, then scroll UP ( I wasn't aware you had to scroll UP ).

Would have been nice if PD would give you more options to tweak the screen though 🙄

Top Bottom