• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink release date finally announced: February 1st, 2024

NanaMiku

Cygames also released a new trailer
EN:

JP:

They also announced collector's edition:

If you buy the digital version, you can play 3 days earlier:

chart.png

Granblue Special Item Set: Relink Pack is a code for the mobile game, only available for PS version

nikos

This game looks better every time it's shown. I don't know anything about Granblue but I'm really looking forward to it.

EDIT: Online co-op?! Hype has intensified immensely.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game looks better every time it's shown. I don't know anything about Granblue but I'm really looking forward to it.
Series started with F2P gacha game and now Relink is proper SP and I think co-op action JRPG.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Being waiting for this so long. Only concerns to the solo experience I’m looking forward too is the inclusion of so many characters that make it looks like focused more on the multiplayer side of it and the coop mode itself.

gela94

The trailer didn't do much for me but I'm still gonna get it because it still looks beautiful. Finally a release date!

Danjin44

Being waiting for this so long. Only concerns to the solo experience I’m looking forward too is the inclusion of so many characters that make it looks like focused more on the multiplayer side of it and the coop mode itself.
I have the same concern but I think the co-op is going to be similar to Tales series, as long as it doesn't get take away my enjoyment for SP then I dont mind.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

EDIT: Online co-op?! Hype has intensified immensely.

I have the same concern but I think the co-op is going to be similar to Tales series, as long as it doesn't get take away my enjoyment for SP then I dont mind.
The multiplayer portion is similar to Monster Hunter. The story is single player only, but you can take quest that you can do with other players. Cygames added so many characters because there are many fan favorites. The good news that each characters plays differently.

From 1:15 to 11:15, Cygames demoed how each character plays

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Releasing one day apart from Persona 3 Reload is a problem considering the extreme overlap in target audiences for those two games.

People like me are probably just going to buy the one with the higher MC score at launch and leave the other one for a sale.

Danjin44

Releasing one day apart from Persona 3 Reload is a problem considering the extreme overlap in target audiences for those two games.

People like me are probably just going to buy the one with the higher MC score at launch and leave the other one for a sale.
I’m buying both day one, they are both very different type of JRPGs and to me they nice contrast from each other.

ranmafan

Earlier I said it was a good release date, but now hearing persona 3 reload is coming the next day makes me change my mind. It’s like a repeat of the coming starfield/baldurs gate 3 console release timing. But like those games in the next few weeks, I’m still going to be playing both, although Granblue gets played first considering how long I’ve waited for it. Busy February for sure.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Serious question: why are people excited for this - Especially those older than 25+ years old ?

All I can see I see JRPG tropes everywhere, sophisticated guy with glasses®, "cool" MC, Moe girls/princesses/whatever and insufferable VA with the usual chirpy female voices.

What am I missing here lads/lasses ? I get the feeling this is being heralded as the 2nd coming of jrpgs and yet, I don't get it...

Cheers

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Serious question: why are people excited for this - Especially those older than 25+ years old ?

All I can see I see JRPG tropes everywhere, sophisticated guy with glasses®, "cool" MC, Moe girls/princesses/whatever and insufferable VA with the usual chirpy female voices.

What am I missing here lads/lasses ? I get the feeling this is being heralded as the 2nd coming of jrpgs and yet, I don't get it...

Cheers
It's been in development for years, originally with Platinum Games making it so the combat should be decent. Has a bright and vibrant art style. That's about it.

I'm not sold on it yet, but it's on my radar.

Looks pretty similar to Star Ocean or Tales of combat systems.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Cheers

Same reason people still get excited about Call Of Duty. There's an audience for this particular flavour.

NanaMiku

Hopefully some character songs are in the game

Turns out there's a gameplay video from Gamescom

Last edited:

Zuzu

This looks promising. I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Hopefully the physical version in Australia won’t be too rare and/or expensive.

Fake

F2p gaas. I don't mind anime.

Is a singleplayer game with co-op in mind. No always online or gaas here.

Hopefully some character songs are in the game

Turns out there's a gameplay video from Gamescom

I still prefer the jap va if they don't mind. Hope there is an option to enable japanese VA.

But the gameplay is what I looking for.

Last edited:
Hot digity, it finally has a release date! After being burnt with the FFXVI DE, I'm just going to get the standard editions from now on.

NanaMiku

Is this something like Genshin Impact or a real game?
If you want the F2P version, you can always play the original version lol
https://game.granbluefantasy.jp open with Chrome. There's English option

I still prefer the jap va if they don't mind. Hope there is an option to enable japanese VA.

But the gameplay is what I looking for.
Don't worry, already confirmed dual audio from Steam
2cea08d071.png

Thief1987

I doubt that there will be that much of overlap, Granblue will stomp P3R and won't even notice it.

Cheers
I’m looking forward to it, because it was built off of the foundation of Platinum games and the combat scenarios/boss fights they’re showing look like a wild ride of fun.

I find it odd that this was the game to finally make you rant about these tropes, but in my opinion as long as they don’t overload the player with dialogue I’m fine with a little bit of traditional storytelling. At worst it could be boring, at best they could end up telling a bonkers story using those tropes.

Also, I think it’s not a good thing to go down the rabbit hole of “why are 25+ year olds excited for this?” when many adults who don’t play video games will probably think the same thing about everyone on this forum, including you 🤷‍♂️

I’m looking forward to it, because it was built off of the foundation of Platinum games and the combat scenarios/boss fights they’re showing look like a wild ride of fun.

I find it odd that this was the game to finally make you rant about these tropes, but in my opinion as long as they don’t overload the player with dialogue I’m fine with a little bit of traditional storytelling. At worst it could be boring, at best they could end up telling a bonkers story using those tropes.

Also, I think it’s not a good thing to go down the rabbit hole of “why are 25+ year olds excited for this?” when many adults who don’t play video games will probably think the same thing about everyone on this forum, including you 🤷‍♂️
You took the bait. Never take the bait.

You took the bait. Never take the bait.
Sometimes I like to take the bait on purpose to answer that question for more than just the person who posted it, because there are lurkers who would seriously think of his question, but not post it here.

Besides, the worst thing that could happen is that he comes back ready to argue or that he will attempt to troll further. Both bump the thread and keep this game in the spotlight, so it’s a win/win 🤷‍♂️

NT80

Cheers
The combat has always looked fantastic to me and it has Platinumgames involvement. While I don't like the twee character designs it otherwise looks really nice too.

Doom85

I’m sure it’s designed to be fully enjoyable solo. Most Tales games let up to 4 people play during battle, yet virtually everyone I know plays Tales solo.

In terms of character development, if the game is lengthy enough, there should be more than enough time to develop them all, or at least most of them. There might be a system like Supports in Fire Emblem that can develop characters outside of the main story, or maybe there’s a home base/camp and you can spend time with them there like in Dragon Age Inquisition (or Baldur’s Gate 3, I believe that’s how it works, waiting for the PS5 version).

After all, it’s how well they characterize them and such that matters, not the quantity. After all, most people would agree they got more connected to the nine party members of Final Fantasy VII than they did the four party members of XV. Despite VII having over double the size of the party, it still managed to make people care more about its party as opposed to XV’s.

Top Bottom