• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink release date finally announced: February 1st, 2024

Fbh

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Still vaporware until it's installed and running on my console.

Gameplay and environments look amazing. I hope the plot is bearable (hopefully more "Tales Of" instead of Star Ocean 4)

Is this something like Genshin Impact or a real game?

It's a real proper JRPG.
Not a waifu gambling machine disguised as a repetitive and grindy GaaS

NanaMiku

Anyone know if we are able to have AI companions for the co-op missions? And/or matchmaking?
The co-op missions are just quest you get from NPC/quest board (I'm not sure which one they use). So the quest can be taken alone (with AI partner) or online (with other player). I don't know any info about matchmaking, but I found this video

at 10:00 mark, he said when you choose a quest, the game will try to matchmake with other players who also chose the same quest.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The co-op missions are just quest you get from NPC/quest board (I'm not sure which one they use). So the quest can be taken alone (with AI partner) or online (with other player). I don't know any info about matchmaking, but I found this video

at 10:00 mark, he said when you choose a quest, the game will try to matchmake with other players who also chose the same quest.

Perfect, thank you!

Serious question: why are people excited for this - Especially those older than 25+ years old ?

All I can see I see JRPG tropes everywhere, sophisticated guy with glasses®, "cool" MC, Moe girls/princesses/whatever and insufferable VA with the usual chirpy female voices.

What am I missing here lads/lasses ? I get the feeling this is being heralded as the 2nd coming of jrpgs and yet, I don't get it...

Cheers

As least it's better than most modern western games lol. I'll be waiting for a Steam release though

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Serious question: why are people excited for this - Especially those older than 25+ years old ?

All I can see I see JRPG tropes everywhere, sophisticated guy with glasses®, "cool" MC, Moe girls/princesses/whatever and insufferable VA with the usual chirpy female voices.

What am I missing here lads/lasses ? I get the feeling this is being heralded as the 2nd coming of jrpgs and yet, I don't get it...

Cheers
Either people complain JRPG it’s dark and not enough anime and now it’s too colourful and it’s too anime.

fucks-sake.gif

The gameplay looks great, can anybody please confirm is this purely a Single player experience or multiplayer MMO. There's no concrete info available on internet.

Danjin44

The gameplay looks great, can anybody please confirm is this purely a Single player experience or multiplayer MMO. There's no concrete info available on internet.
Its has story mode that single player only and has MH like quests than can be played with other people.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Hopefully better than FF16
Nobuo Uematsu(The OG Final Fantasy musician) and Hideo Minaba(Art director for FF5, FF6, FFIX, Lost Odyssey) are involved so that automatically makes it better then FF16.

Wouldn't it be funny if Granblue *Fantasy* turned out better then FF16?

But I'm jumping the gun a bit here.

I'm pretty hyped for a Platinum Games Action RPG with Uematsu and some stellar art design all meshed together.

Nobuo Uematsu(The OG Final Fantasy musician) and Hideo Minaba(Art director for FF5, FF6, FFIX, Lost Odyssey) are involved so that automatically makes it better then FF16.

Wouldn't it be funny if Granblue *Fantasy* turned out better then FF16?

But I'm jumping the gun a bit here.

I'm pretty hyped for a Platinum Games Action RPG with Uematsu and some stellar art design all meshed together.

Yeah but it's gonna be censored on Playstation so I'll be waiting for it to come to Steam

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah but it's gonna be censored on Playstation so I'll be waiting for it to come to Steam
Same. And provided it isn't delayed it'll be a nice way to start of the year since I'll be busy with TotK, BG3, Starfield, Mario Wonder, CP2077: Phantom Liberty.

Lots of time consuming games out there. Along with very passive Guild Wars 2 stuff. Especially since the new expansion dropped.

Same. And provided it isn't delayed it'll be a nice way to start of the year since I'll be busy with TotK, BG3, Starfield, Mario Wonder, CP2077: Phantom Liberty.

Lots of time consuming games out there. Along with very passive Guild Wars 2 stuff. Especially since the new expansion dropped.

I haven't played TOTK yet though due to not liking BOTW . But I'm looking forward to Starfield, Mario Wonder. I haven't played CP2077 yet. I have to upgrade my PC first than I'll be playing that lol.

I can't wait for Sea of Stars though

NanaMiku

This new Arekkz video is pretty good. He explained the game for those who don't know about it. He also gave his impression from playing the demo, including the things he didn't like

Danjin44

This new Arekkz video is pretty good. He explained the game for those who don't know about it. He also gave his impression from playing the demo, including the things he didn't like

Interesting, the Full burst kind of reminds me of Xenoblade 3 chain attack, you might get different result based on order of the characters which vey similar to Xenoblade 3.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I have two questions, can you play these MH like quests solo similar to Monster Hunter series? Also can you switch between party members during combat?

Doom85

I have two questions, can you play these MH like quests solo similar to Monster Hunter series?

IIRC, this video had the guy confirm through the developers that everything in the game can be accessed if you’re playing solo.

Last edited:

Danjin44

YonLi9d.png

Thats all I need to know......

IllUntimelyCanine-size_restricted.gif

SOLD!!!!

Why not, my dude? Most of the time I'd agree, but MH? It can be loads of fun with other players (if they're not cart newbs).
When it comes to gaming I'm as anti-social as you can get, I want to be the one beat the Monsters by myself and dont want anyone get in my way and I have zero tolerance for people bitching about "I only allowed attack the tail or head"....fuck that, I want to play the game however I want.

Last edited:
YonLi9d.png

Thats all I need to know......

IllUntimelyCanine-size_restricted.gif

SOLD!!!!

When it comes to gaming I'm as anti-social as you can get, I wan to be one beat the Monsters by myself and dont want anyone get in my way and I have zero tolerance for people bitching about "I only allowed attack the tail or head"....fuck that, I want to play the game however I want.
I also prefer to beat MH games by myself, and yeah, when people get bossy and try to make demands... screw them, I'm out. I've been pretty lucky in MH World/Rise I guess, rarely ever run in to those issues. Usually just new players trying to prove themselves and not knowing when to back the fuck up. lol

Danjin44

I also prefer to beat MH games by myself, and yeah, when people get bossy and try to make demands... screw them, I'm out. I've been pretty lucky in MH World/Rise I guess, rarely ever run in to those issues. Usually just new players trying to prove themselves and not knowing when to back the fuck up. lol
For me playing Solo gives me freedom to play the game however I want, If want explore the map before going hunt the monsters I can do that. No offence to anyone else but I just generally find other players annoying and nuisance.

I have more fun playing by myself rather with other people. I already do enough socializing outside of gaming, when I play games it my me time, I dont need other people ruining that for me.

NanaMiku

Interesting, the Full burst kind of reminds me of Xenoblade 3 chain attack, you might get different result based on order of the characters which vey similar to Xenoblade 3.
Yup, and it's different from the mobile game.

But from the gameplay video of Arekkz, it seems the enemy are pretty spongy. I hope the final game isn't like that

EDMIX

I have zero interest playing with other people, not with Souls games, not with Monster Hunter and not with this game.

Same.

I don't mind it for those that do enjoy this, but those ideas have always been single player things for me.

Whats weird, is I wonder if we would like any of those concepts if we were kids or something. Like this sounds like some shit we would love as kids when Pokemon was fucking hype and it was just 151 of em lol So it sounds amazing in theory

Rickyiez

I wonder if there is still some traces of Platinum Games in the final version . Anyway will be playing Catalina

Fret Runner

Looks great been hyped for this for ages.
Even if it ends up lackluster, it should keep me entertained till Rebirth drops and then..
proxy-image

Top Bottom