• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Versus Announced (Arc System Works X Cygames) - Trailer inside

Fbh

Seems like Cygames is going all in on bringing this franchise to consoles.

And I'm glad they are doing so. While Granbule Fantasy as an IP looks like just another generic shonen anime world, the fact they are partnering up with some of the best japanese studios makes this and Relink way more exciting than your average generic shonen game project

Closer

It's funny how Arc System Works knows how to push all my buttons on the graphics department.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Arc System Works has been godly this generation, I'll get to their games when I buy a console at some point.
I love the feeling their and Vanillaware games give (old happy days but in HD).

I don't know anything about Grandblue Fantasy, but it's an Arcsys game, so it's day one for me.

On a side note, the hit box on that loli is gonna be a real bitch to connect with.

Fahdis

Think the next Street Fighter should be made with Arcsystems and Capcom. I want my 2D SF that looks like SF.

Granblue seems like a good match for ASW's style and current tech. At the very least, I'll be keeping an eye on the game's development.

Renoir

I got a lil Battle Fantasia vibe out of that trailer... Looks good.
Waiting for the Platinum adventure game for Grandblue though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I got a lil Battle Fantasia vibe out of that trailer... Looks good.
Waiting for the Platinum adventure game for Grandblue though.
Well it more of ARPG rather than adventure game but yeah the trailer so far made me crazy hype for Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link.

Interview up at Siliconera (translated from Famitsu interview) with the Granblue Fantasy director.

Sounds like it'll be on the simpler side in terms of gameplay complexity. ASW has a fair amount of experience with implementing auto-combos and 'Stylish' modes (a.k.a mash buttons) in previous titles such as BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and DBFZ.
The reason we [Cygames] went with Arc System Works was because the Guilty Gear series and BlazBlue series have a style that is a fit with Granblue Fantasy.
In order to avoid one of the possibilities of alienating beginners and those who don’t play games much, it won’t be a combo-heavy game.
We want those who’ve only played smartphone games enjoy it too, so you’ll get to do all the special attacks with one button. On the other hand, it is being made into something with plenty of action and depth so that the skilled players will also enjoy it. We’re putting Arc System Works’ know0how, so it’s safe to expect something good.
The game speed is modest, and combos are as simple as it gets.
The game is shaping up to be something that will let you do difficult elements such as juggling and aerials in limited situations.
We’ll get to see abilities and Charge Attacks as skills in the game. For example, Lancelot uses Blade Impulse as his special attack, and he can use Weissfluegel that comes with a cutscene for a Charge Attack.
There are other effects based on Triple Attack, HP Recovery, Attribute Attack Up, and more.
The characters that were announced first are more on the standard side, but later on we’ll see some more announcements in the future with different kinds of characters.
The team wants to add more characters via DLC.
A lot of focus is going into the story mode. While it’ll be an original story for those who aren’t familiar with Granblue Fantasy, there are some elements that will make it more enjoyable for those who’ve played events from the original game.
We’re thinking about releasing it on Steam. An arcade version is also in consideration.
Development is about 60% complete. The fundamentals are pretty much done, and from here it’ll be a stage of increasing quality.

petran79

Banned
They should also have mentioned Battle Fantasia, one of the best 2d fantasy fighting games and the first 2.5d fighter few months before SF4. Irony is it was made by Arcsys secondary team, consisting mostly of university graduates and directed by a woman, a rare exception in Japanese games.

They should also have mentioned Battle Fantasia, one of the best 2d fantasy fighting games and the first 2.5d fighter few months before SF4. Irony is it was made by Arcsys secondary team, consisting mostly of university graduates and directed by a woman, a rare exception in Japanese games.
Underrated fighting game. It's not the deepest by any measure, but it was a lot of fun and the cast of characters is solid.

I loved the rabbit character, Watson:

BatFan_Watson_Portrait.png

New article up with more details about Versus. Looks like we're in store for a reveal of new playable characters on March 10th.:

In the section that discuses Granblue Fantasy Versus, Fukuhara says that while you might be wondering about which characters the game will be in, so far what’s been decided on are things such as game balance theories and specific character concepts that has been in the works with discussion between Cygames and Arc System Works.
For example, Katalina is “an easy-to-use character like the protagonist,” but there are others such as “grappler characters” and “speedy multi-hitting type,” and so on.
Lastly, the director shared that new playable characters will be revealed during the Granblue Fantasy 5th Anniversary live stream set for March 10, 2019.

Looks great. Graphics are incredible though I'd prefer a more fluid animation, like DBFZ. The one getting my hype over the roof is the RPG game, though.

Top Bottom