• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Reckon they'll have the reveal trailer and maybe a cover story. Then go quiet until Max Payne 3 releases in March and then we'll get a build up to an October 2012 release.

Micerider

I pre-order the cancelation of my future pre-order in-expectation of sub-10 reviews.

That way, I'll avoid the "pre-order canceled" meme upon release and would be happy to see reviews. My logic is flawless.

Future proofed! GTAV can come.

Dr Frasier Crane said:
Also where the fuck is Agent?

Agent is taking the Max Payne 3 / LA Noire / Red Dead Redemption rout of Rockstar development of announce it. wait 4-5 years as they toss money at computers and work people into the ground then finally reveal what the game is in game informer with a release date about a year after that.

If thats the case we should hear about Agent in the next 18 months. Probably later next year after MP3 is out but before GTA5.

Barrett2

Can you even imagine if it was set in DC, every mission dealing with crooked politicians and lobbyists would be incredible.

offshore

Foliorum Viridum said:
Please, please, please keep the serious tone.
vercyx.gif

big_z

they should scrap gta5 and make a new red dead or a gta type game in another time period. the saints row series has them beat for the gta games.

otmane

GTA V needs to do something really new to excite me, I loved San andreas but got quickly bored by GTA IV.
The two changes I want:
- Completely new setting: Europe ?
- New Formula: The mission/assignment-based formula is getting old, they need to change something about it!

I really liked the GTA4 expansions. They're the only ones I ever completed. Vanilla GTA always gets boring midway through and you just end up killing the public. The expansions didn't outstay their welcome.

zlatko

Banned
-_- I pray they borrow nothing from L.A. Noire except the facial animation technology.

Give me that, RDR level of story, and the fun/craziness of GTA4 and whamo day one buy. Toss in better online multiplayer, and game of the forever. ;)

FuKuy

I hope the same approach as DICE have done on BF3. Rockstar should develop GTAV as a PC game primary.

Mik2121

big_z said:
they should scrap gta5 and make a new red dead or a gta type game in another time period. the saints row series has them beat for the gta games.
Saints Row 3 will definitely be a blast, but it won't exactly be the same kind of experience as GTAV. They both can stay in the same market.

Also, Saints Row and Saints Row 2 are fairly bad. But this is not a Saints Row vs GTA thread so let's just stop talking about other games, k?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheVampire said:
GTA 5 needs to have:

-More sillyness and less realism
-Better or equal graphics than the ENB mods
-A better world like San Andreas rather than just a big city

buy Saint Row and let us have realism

ksimm

Although I am excited to see the trailer, I can't help but feel I will get more enjoyment out of whacking hobos with dildos whilst riding a hover bike. :/

Chinner

Banned
also gta could easily be serious and 'silly' at the same time. you guys just better hoep rockstar an actually write well without making everything super exgerrated.

StuBurns

Banned
Awesome, Rockstar tend to release their first trailer seven months before the intended release date. Finger's crossed for June.

angrybus

Banned
It makes sense not to wait for next-gen consoles. San An came out a year before the 360, then IV released a few years after. I imagine the same situation will happen here.

Plus, that logo looks like it's related to money to me. The colour and textures and general design are very dollar like. Maybe a lot of recession satire?

Mik2121

Chinner said:
also gta could easily be serious and 'silly' at the same time. you guys just better hoep rockstar an actually write well without making everything super exgerrated.
The Ballad of Gay Tony did it perfectly, and that was their last title. So yeah, I think there's no reason to doubt them :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
StuBurns said:
Awesome, Rockstar tend to release their first trailer seven months before the intended release date. Finger's crossed for June.

Just in time for the semester break!

I am actually really looking forward to GTAV, IV was one of the few PS3 games I managed to complete without the incentive of trophies (completed it just before the trophy patch). ;p
I was never into GTA on the PS2 as I could not get into the story / characters at all with that technology and found myself just wrecking havoc randomly and not having any urge to progress through the actual storyline at all, with IV I finally felt like the technology was there to support the story and character (or maybe the old games were just too ugly for me to give them a chance).

Defuser

FuKuy said:
I hope the same approach as DICE have done on BF3. Rockstar should develop GTAV as a PC game primary.
GTAIV barely even held up on consoles and you want the PC to be primary?Thats like kissing your console sales good bye.

Tawpgun

Marrshu said:
Yeah, I'm pretty certain you are. No game that has an average score of 97% qualifies as "the biggest" disappointment in gaming history. =p
If people want a ridiculous sandbox game go play Saints Row. It's in the spirit of the old GTA games and much more ridiculous than any of them were.

The more serious tone with GTAIV was amazing.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
capital city with a 'the wire' vibe?

i wouldnt even be mad. as long as i get to play as omar.

"AYO OMAR COMIN"

strafer

How long would you guess the trailer will be?

Rockstar usually shows what the game will look like and not some pre-rendered bullshit.

HocusPocus said:
I wonder if Microsoft bought some more timed exclusive content. They are swimming in $$$$ right now.

Well, they've followed up on Fallout, Skyrim and Call of Duty. I would imagine they'd at least try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom