• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

Rygar 8 Bit said:
burger-king-halloween-mask-2.jpg

Gabe-Newell-6.jpg

Release date will be Fall 2012, and then it will get delayed until spring 2013. Haven't you guys been around long enough to have this stuff figured out by now?

I like having a phone. Its apart of everyday life. It would be pretty cool if you can send texts to your friends and have them roll with you on some missions.

X26

Banned
Trailer won't indicate it either way, but I hope they stick with and improve 4's evasion system. The lack of an all seeing eye made getting away from the cops a lot more fun with you driving/running through alleys and streets equally to get away. When I was bored, I'd sometime get a ton of stars and try to evade solely on foot using alleys.

Don

So excited for this right now. I hope that it isn't going to be in Vice City or San Andreas again as I feel that those two cities have already been done perfectly and don't really need to be revisted. I want a brand new city.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One and a half hours until Grand Theft Auto: Australia is revealed.

X26 said:
Trailer won't indicate it either way, but I hope they stick with and improve 4's evasion system. The lack of an all seeing eye made getting away from the cops a lot more fun with you driving/running through alleys and streets equally to get away. When I was bored, I'd sometime get a ton of stars and try to evade solely on foot using alleys.
I really loved that as well. GTA's getaway system was probably one of the most underrated of its features. Most people don't even know that if you're out of view of the police and change vehicle, you can drive right past a cruiser and they won't even know it's you unless you start driving erratically.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rygar 8 Bit said:
is that the one where you just fight off giant bugs and spiders the game?

That was EDF 2017.

sytadel

maquiladora said:
Final guess....

Present day/near future set in either real world or R* version of LA/Hollywood and surrounding area.
Ditto. a given in my opinion.

Foolish to expect this launch trailer to outdo GTA IV's. The next-gen jump carries so much weight, it simply cannot be matched.

X26

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
Actually, it would be nice to have a female lead character.

I wanna play as Elizabeta...

I can see one of the DLC expansions maybe having a female lead

Kurdel

Banned
As a final prediction, I am calling Washinton.

Municipal, state level and federal politics? Imagine, running missions for Bank lobbyists, secret service or the White House? Watergate style mission anyone?

All in time for election year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom