• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

X26

Banned
Nice bonus would be a small rundown carcer city in addition to (hopefully) the multiple normal ones. Carcer City has been mentioned in other GTA's and is where Manhunt took place. Of course, the gangs within the city would be those from Manhunt. /random shit

I hope the driving controls are squirrelier, the plot more intrusive and jarringly out of place, and the PC version is far far less optimized.

Its going to be set in Toronto and the GTA, get to shoot beavers, eat canadian bacon, have some good ol' snow ball fights and make igloos.
"The best experience of my life" - IGN
"You'll never find a better game set in the snowiest country" - Gamespot
"This sucks" - Kotaku

BowieZ

Banned
Phonomezer said:
I still think Rio de Janeiro would be perfect for a GTA setting.
Save that for GTA6 or whatever in 2015-2016 leading up to the Rio Olympics.

Have it set AT Olympics time so we can mow down triathalons and massacre football matches etc

IceDoesntHelp said:
Its going to be set in Toronto and the GTA, get to shoot beavers, eat canadian bacon, have some good ol' snow ball fights and make igloos.
"The best experience of my life" - IGN
"You'll never find a better game set in the snowiest country" - Gamespot
"This sucks" - Kotaku

Eurogamer: 8/10

Pachimari

Rygar 8 Bit said:
a high budget way of the samurai would be amazing
I'm thinking more along the Philippines. I want tri-cycles, jeepneys and such vehicles in there.
But maybe another franchise should do that country, it doesn't really fit GTA.

RooMHM

EmCeeGramr said:
I hope the driving controls are squirrelier, the plot more intrusive and jarringly out of place, and the PC version is far far less optimized.
Considering the time of announcement I think that this will be the 2nd GTA on the same engine meaning that it will be perfect from the start? Nah jk. But I doubt consoles can do any better than Gay Tony.

Desmond

Ubermatik said:
It'll be in Ireland.

chuck_norris_thumbs_up_RE_What_I_remember_most_about_LEGOs-s379x247-88438-580.jpg

bengraven

I'm hoping, in order of hope:

1) all of San Andreas
2) Ireland circa 1980
3) Eastern Europe
4) Los Venturas
5) US/Mexican border

Rygar 8 Bit said:
a high budget way of the samurai would be amazing

I would love if the RDR people did a game set in fuedal Japan. Same game in every way but with swords and set in Japan.

RooMHM said:
Considering the time of announcement I think that this will be the 2nd GTA on the same engine meaning that it will be perfect from the start? Nah jk. But I doubt consoles can do any better than Gay Tony.

I don't know, RDR is considerably better looking than any of the GTAIV episodes.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Phonomezer said:
I don't know, RDR is considerably better looking than any of the GTAIV episodes.
I mean, I'm probably stating the obvious here, but RDR is a whole lot sparser than GTA. That has to count for something, visually.

adelante

Man it would be soooo awesome if they gave us a decent-sized map but we get to play through two different eras (one of which is the 80s)

:p

CAN"T WAIT FOR THE TRAILERRRR

RooMHM

Phonomezer said:
But it's the same engine no? I mean I hope it will look even better that Gay Tony but there won't be a gap I think.

CrazyDude

adelante said:
Man it would be soooo awesome if they gave us a decent-sized map but we get to play through two different eras (one of which is the 80s)

:p

CAN"T WAIT FOR THE TRAILERRRR
Our maybe the game starts in the 80s and then gradually changed to modern times.

Seriously though, Ireland would be cool. Though I'm also feeling the UK (like London/Edinburgh)... Could do a lot with drugs, street robbery and riots...

bengraven

Petrichor said:
London would be brilliant.....

....which is exactly why they won't do it :(

London in the 80s, holy fuck that would be great.

You could have your gritty crime areas and then your new wave haircut areas.

Metal-Geo

I wish they did something with 'time' again. Vice City being in the 80s, GTA:London being in the late 60s. Both being incredibly enjoyable. Would love to see some American late 50s/early 60s environments and cars.

Everyone will be disappointed with the location/environment at first.
Everyone wishing for a past Britain or America will certainly be crying in an hour.

God I hope it's the UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom