• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

My Amazon Canada order says it won't arrive till September 23rd, so I'm going to go to the Walmart midnight opening and pick up a copy there, and sell it to a friend after. Apparently walmart has keychains at midnight.

I ended up preordering from EB games. They apparently will ship on the 16th. Can't make it out to a midnight event, so here's to hoping that I get the game at a decent time.

I'm ready to play.

No interest in watching others.

2 more work days and GTA V is all mine, my own, my love, my precious.

Edit: I am a hypocrite lol

SirNinja

Was it ever confirmed that IGN would have a review up tomorrow?

Confirmed that they wouldn't :/

I actually don't think anyone has the coveted "early review privilege" for GTA5. The embargo seems really strict this time around. If we get a review before Monday 7:00 AM PST, it'll probably be because a printed review got out early.

Don't understand why people are bummed out over not having an early IGN review, of all things. We pretty much know what the score's going to be (almost certainly a 10.0) and how it'll read (laced with two tons of hyperbole).

While we're on the subject of review predictions, here's mine:

IGN: 10.0
Gamespot: 10
Giant Bomb: 5 stars
Edge: 9 out of 10, everyone loses their shit
Joystiq: 5 stars
Polygon: 10/10 (360), 7.5/10 (PS3)
GameInformer: 10
Gametrailers: 9.8
Adam Sessler: A 5..............[clip of Trevor in jet plane bombing a bridge with 13 cars, four pedestrians, and a motorcycle].....................out of 5
GamesRadar: 5/5
EGMnow: LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes™ is in stores October 18! You will be able to continue to the review in 15...14...
Destructoid: 10/10
Eurogamer: 10
Quarter to Three: 2 out of 5

I actually don't think anyone has the coveted "early review privilege" for GTA5. The embargo seems really strict this time around. If we get a review before Monday 7:00 AM PST, it'll probably be because a printed review got out early.

Don't understand why people are bummed out over not having an early IGN review, of all things. We pretty much know what the score's going to be (almost certainly a 10.0) and how it'll read (laced with two tons of hyperbole).

I don't care about review scores at all, just want to see the high quality video review footage :D

pushBAK

Can someone answer me this; am I able to digitally upgrade to the 'special edition' after purchasing the game? Gamestop is sold out.

shuttaman

Banned
Isn't it funny?
Sony had a gaffe with the preload and people got it online but still weren't able to play it.
Yet it leaks online for the 360 first.
Yeah man. Sony wins again.

KAP151

There was no backlash from me regarding GTAIV, I loved it.

I especially loved the car handling (apart from the constant camera adjustments), which seemed to piss a lot of people off.

shuttaman

Banned
Really. Really.

1373242534_tumblr_lpj75u9Suz1qekhgv.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
PSA:

Alright people. The game is starting to get onto the net. be careful.

Time to build a fire and setup camp fellow designated drivers. Bish your on bear watch buddy. If you can find a salmon for dinner tonight that would be swell.

Zukuu

Banned

I especially loved the car handling (apart from the constant camera adjustments), which seemed to piss a lot of people off.

While the weakest out of the series to me, I certainly enjoyed it nonetheless. It lakced something the other games had, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Despite that, SA is the only GTA game I never finished. Got burned out of territory wars towards the end.

My biggest fear is that I don't really dig the 3 character gameplay. I like to have a MAIN guy, which I alter to my liking, instead of having 3 different characters where neither feels like my "main" guy.

I loved the flying mechanics to death, people told me they were broken but I literally could land on anything perfectly.

Derrick01

Banned
So my grandfather just died a few hours ago, no need to say anything I wasn't close to him really. I'm more sad for my dad and the rest of the family, although it's not like I don't care at all. But when they were discussing the process that's going to happen with their pastor they mentioned holding the services on....Tuesday. I listened to him saying they were available on pretty much every day except tomorrow and of course my family picked that day. I had to kind of laugh to myself over my shit luck because I thought it was going to happen exactly like that too.

So on a somewhat side note does anyone know how long Gamestop will hold on to preorders past the 1st day? I guess worst case scenario I could just go to the midnight launch but I would rather avoid that mess if I can.

Gurrry

So my grandfather just died a few hours ago, no need to say anything I wasn't close to him really. I'm more sad for my dad and the rest of the family, although it's not like I don't care at all. But when they were discussing the process that's going to happen with their pastor they mentioned holding the services on....Tuesday. I listened to him saying they were available on pretty much every day except tomorrow and of course my family picked that day. I had to kind of laugh to myself over my shit luck because I thought it was going to happen exactly like that too.

So on a somewhat side note does anyone know how long Gamestop will hold on to preorders past the 1st day? I guess worst case scenario I could just go to the midnight launch but I would rather avoid that mess if I can.

Hey man, even if you didnt know them, being there for your dad is most certainly more important.

GTAV will always be there. Its not going anywhere.

The time you spend with family decreases every day, cherish it while you can.

Sorry for your loss regardless.

/preach

dreamfall

Derrick, my sincere condolences to your family, your father and for you. It's going to be a hard time I'd imagine, and I hope everything works out the best.

Gamestops usually hold products for 48 hours after release. Anytime after that, you'll be good- hell, explain it to them and they'll probably give it to you when you're ready.

Derrick01

Banned
Hey man, even if you didnt know them, being there for your dad is most certainly more important.

GTAV will always be there. Its not going anywhere.

The time you spend with family decreases every day, cherish it while you can.

Sorry for your loss regardless.

/preach

Thanks. I don't want to seem like I don't care because I did, and I don't handle dying/death well so seeing him in hospice for the last week and basically watching him slowly die in a weak state was pretty rough on me. I guess the rest of it depends on when the funeral home and the cemetery are free too so it might not happen on that day, I dunno yet. The next week is going to be pretty hectic and rough on everyone. GTA is basically going to be my escape from all of this craziness.

Gurrry

Thanks. I don't want to seem like I don't care because I did, and I don't handle dying/death well so seeing him in hospice for the last week and basically watching him slowly die in a weak state was pretty rough on me. I guess the rest of it depends on when the funeral home and the cemetery are free too so it might not happen on that day, I dunno yet. The next week is going to be pretty hectic and rough on everyone. GTA is basically going to be my escape from all of this craziness.

Good call man. It will all hit you eventually, but just remember you have an escape in GTA.

Hope everything works out well for you and the fam. Losing someone is never easy, but just letting your dad know youre there for him will go a very long way.

Dug

Banned

Could you get someone else to pick it up? A friend maybe?

dreamfall

It was a lot of walking today in the city. Passing by the Soho mural, snapping a quick bit of Trevor.

And then it started raining post class. Rainy bliss- no umbrella, puddle jumping to find Franklin watching guard on 42nd and 8th. It's been five years. It's time to go home.

My condolences Derrick. At the very least, GTAV will probably be the best form of escapism available this year. I hope your family is doing alright!

h00ters

It was a lot of walking today in the city. Passing by the Soho mural, snapping a quick bit of Trevor.

And then it started raining post class. Rainy bliss- no umbrella, puddle jumping to find Franklin watching guard on 42nd and 8th. It's been five years. It's time to go home.
Unreal!

FootballFan

Hey guys, I preordered GTA V from the PS Store and it says "it will autodownload on the 13/09/2013".

It's the 13th here and nothing has happened. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it myself either.

Am I missing something?

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick, my sincere condolences to your family, your father and for you. It's going to be a hard time I'd imagine, and I hope everything works out the best.

Gamestops usually hold products for 48 hours after release. Anytime after that, you'll be good- hell, explain it to them and they'll probably give it to you when you're ready.

Oh ok if it's 48 then I'll be fine no matter what.

And thanks everyone. I'll pass along the kind words to the family, even if they'll have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

Gaz_RB

Hoooo baby, this game is coming in hot! Great shots... so jealous I don't have any of those big ads in my city.

Game is all over pirate sites now, stay safe avoiding spoilers and such, homie!

Oh ok if it's 48 then I'll be fine no matter what.

And thanks everyone. I'll pass along the kind words to the family, even if they'll have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

"People on the internet send their love, fam!"

My condolences man.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hey guys, I preordered GTA V from the PS Store and it says "it will autodownload on the 13/09/2013".

It's the 13th here and nothing has happened. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it myself either.

Am I missing something?

Didn't they take away the preload?

Oh man, this thread is a ghost town compared to the other one.

That's okay though. We are SO CLOSE.

Do you all remember when we were two weeks away? "Man, those two weeks will never end!" And looky! They're ending. Hooray!

sappyday

Do you all remember when we were two weeks away? "Man, those two weeks will never end!" And looky! They're ending. Hooray!

It was good that I got away before it was too late. I thought I was gonna be able to hold myself back. Luckily it wasn't that much to detract from my hype.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Yeah, not that many people refraining from the spoiler thread.

This is the slowest week ever, though.

Jhoan

There's one of Franklin posted right outside my nearest subway station on 181st and Ft. Washington. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and upload it. I've also seen plenty of buses with ads.

Derrick, my condolences go out to you and your family. You're one of the more prominent folks in the Gaming side but behind every GAF name/avatar, behind the computers and keyboards, there's a human leading his/her own life. Stay strong man and remember that while your grandfather is gone, your memories of him live on. I think the game will definitely help you cope with it. Also be strong for your father who needs all the support he can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom