• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Yeah seriously, I hopped in that leak thread on Neogaf and got 0 story spoilers.

5 minutes on reddit and I got a huge one...

Noooooo! Abandon Internet!

Been spending time pretty much exclusively in this one thread on all of GAF. Haven't seen anything / nor ventured far away from home, since Bish is keeping a close watch.

Just a couple more days!

Gaz_RB

Noooooo! Abandon Internet!

Been spending time pretty much exclusively in this one thread on all of GAF. Haven't seen anything / nor ventured far away from home, since Bish is keeping a close watch.

Just a couple more days!

Yeah I just got the heck out of anything not in this thread!

Almost 96 hours exactly where I live.... This weekend better go fast!

Thanks for kicking me off Gaming Age Family for no reason, whoever.

Boo. Boooo.

I think there was a reason, something about getting it all ready for GTA and kicking out unactive lurkers and stuff. Did you get on the google doc?

Fjordson

I have no doubt this game will be completely and utterly overrated on Metacritic.

GTA IV was no different.
Completely disagree about IV, but I've always thought V will score lower than IV because of internet anger about IV's reviews.

After all the info from R* and all the leaks today and last night I'm confident this will be a better game than IV. That being said, I can see it scoring in the low 90's.

Vire

Completely disagree about IV, but I've always thought V will score lower than IV because of internet anger about IV's reviews.

After all the info from R* and all the leaks today and last night I'm confident this will be a better game than IV. That being said, I can see it scoring in the low 90's.

I'm not saying it will be a bad game, not at all, I think it'll be good to great.

But some people in this thread are acting like it's the second coming of christ earning a perfect 100 on Metacritic.

Take a step back and look at what you are saying.

It's my birthday in just a few short hours and with the lol-I-don't-know-what-you-like cash I'm getting, I'm considering buying the GTA V Pulse Elite headset. But I already have the stereo headset. It feels like it would be such a waste of money for such a tiny upgrade and yet...I need it.

Just...look at it. It's beautiful.

headset.jpg

Do I get it, GAF?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad for everyone suffering through unbearable hype. I had no intention of even buying this game till yesterday, and now I'm really excited, but I only have to wait a few days, so it's no biggie.

suckaaaas

Fjordson

I'm not saying it will be a bad game, not at all, I think it'll be great.

But some people in this thread are acting like it's the second coming of christ earning 100 on Metacritic.

Let's get real for a minute.
Nope, no way it will get a 100. I'll be surprised if it gets even a 95. Especially when Tom Chick's inevitable 1/5 rolls in.

But I'm not really concerned. As I said, I'm confident this will be better than IV (and I loved IV) so that's more than good enough for me. Ans really, Metacritic is so irrelevant to me. Never understood why people get so worked up over it.

MormaPope

Banned
Right, cause you have played, beat and seen all of the single player?

You have an opinion, I have mine. I've seen shitty, terribly recorded gameplay of all sorts and its not hard to see why GTA V can be incredibly special. We both haven't played the game, that is indeed a fact.

I'm going into GTA V with a playful imagination, you can go into the game bitter or whatever. Claiming something is overrated before it's even released feels so forced.

doby

I've preordered with tesco direct, contacted them a few days ago to check when it would be dispatched (after the Game email came to light) and was told it would be sent few days prior to release to ensure it gets to me in time.

Contacted them again today to double check and was told they would be dispatching on Monday. Got all mardy with them stating first class post is 1-2 day delivery estimate and so there's a chance it wont be here Tuesday, not that it would change anything i just like having a good moan.

Then i tried exercising my consumer rights by cancelling my order but was told they'd already been packed for shipping, so its basically going to sit in its jiffy bag in some warehouse until monday. God damn!

antitrop

I rest. 4 days. I mean, it's really just a weekend. Monday we'll have the reviews to read and talk about. I mean, it's like 1 day, really.

Gaz_RB

I'm not saying it will be a bad game, not at all, I think it'll be good to great.

But some people in this thread are acting like it's the second coming of christ earning a perfect 100 on Metacritic.

Not saying it's going to be the perfect game, just saying how predictable game journalists can be.

Saying it's gonna get a 100 metacritic is different than saying it deserves it haha

Vire

You have an opinion, I have mine. I've seen shitty, terribly recorded gameplay of all sorts and its not hard to see why GTA V can be incredibly special. We both haven't played the game, that is indeed a fact.

I'm going into GTA V with a playful imagination, you can go into the game bitter or whatever. Claiming something is overrated before it's even released feels so forced.

Claiming something deserves a perfect 100 from all critics before even playing it seems a little silly - that's all.

What if the ending and story is total garbage? The pacing and side missions are crap?

Assassin's Creed 3 looked great in small quantities of media as well. Then I played the game...

Sure I have some skepticism, but for good reason - I really really disliked the last GTA that was put out. It's like me getting excited over Resident Evil 7 after 6. (Ok not that bad, but you get the point)

rouken

everyone's going crazy in the other thread. others really want it to be a bad game. but i for one, would play it first before saying what i dont like about the game.

edit: oh even people here are on edge. lol

jambo

Fuck. My phat ps3 60gig just shut off with a blinking red light. It's about to die isn't it? I'm using it now. But it just shut off when it was loading a match in Fire Pro.

I just said fuck it and bought the GTAV Ps3 bundle. Don't want to miss out on this game.

I'm kinda worried about mine.

Got it back in Feb 2008 when Sony were doing a Bravia LCD + PS3 deal, so it's 5.5 years old and has only been used for playing Blu-rays for the past couple of years.

It's my birthday in just a few short hours and with the lol-I-don't-know-what-you-like cash I'm getting, I'm considering buying the GTA V Pulse Elite headset. But I already have the stereo headset. It feels like it would be such a waste of money for such a tiny upgrade and yet...I need it.

headset.jpg

Do I get it, GAF?

If you already have a legit pair, then no. If you were looking to upgrade, then maybe. I'd consider the merits of this GTAV headset first, of course.

MormaPope

Banned
everyone's going crazy in the other thread. others really want it to be a bad game. but i for one, would play it first before saying what i dont like about the game.

edit: oh even people here are on edge. lol

Not really getting that feeling in the other thread, whenever something unpredictable or outlandish happens people go wild. There have been a lot of jokes about the PS3 version, but almost no one is hoping the game is bad.

Branson

I'm kinda worried about mine.

Got it back in Feb 2008 when Sony were doing a Bravia LCD + PS3 deal, so it's 5.5 years old and has only been used for playing Blu-rays for the past couple of years.

The funny thing was that I was thinking just how much that would suck if my phat died right before V came out. Welp. Looks like it is. Good thing they have the bundle for $270 and I won't miss out on the game. Ill finally have a decent Blu ray/Netflix box that won't heat up my room and sound like its going to take off.

KAP151

headset.jpg

Do I get it, GAF?

As much as I love my Dali speakers, I have always wanted to try a really nice Surround Sound headset. Any feedback on these would be appreciated.

cdkee

Banned
The spoiler/leak thread has been my home this entire day since I woke up. Didn't get any spoilers other than the first mission, which is no big deal to me. I was even very close to getting an early copy.

However I just had to NOPE the f*** out of there as people were posting awe/shock reaction GIFs to something story related. So yeah. I don't think it's safe at the moment.

Oh well, time to relocate back here for the weekend. Hope you guys are well.

lem0n

The spoiler/leak thread has been my home this entire day since I woke up. Didn't get any spoilers other than the first mission, which is no big deal to me. I was even very close to getting an early copy.

However I just had to NOPE the f*** out of there as people were posting awe/shock reaction GIFs to something story related. So yeah. I don't think it's safe at the moment.

Oh well, time to relocate back here for the weekend. Hope you guys are well.

Welcome back. You're tainted now though, so stay at least 20 feet away!

haha seriously though you should just go on a total blackout now! You know too much!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, I'm going to the beach this weekend. That'll definitely help the wait go by faster. I'm filling up my Monday with friend time, too.

jsnepo

So when can we expect for pre-loads to be allowed again? I don't want the 17th to come and must wait hours of downloading just to play the game plus I am also expecting some down time since a lot of people will download it.

Zukuu

Banned

Anything under 120 is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Yeah, after tomorrow I'm gonna be back in here with you guys. Right now there's a streamer who's just messing around spoiler free, but after the pirates are done downloading the leaks tomorrow spoiler thread is gonna be a story-related disaster. No 4chan besides /ck/ and no gaming websites besides gaf until tuesday. :p

Vire

I always wandered whats up with Quarter to Three reviews. Why doesn't GAF ever talk about that?

Why give a troll unnecessary attention? He gave Assassins Creed 3 a 5/5 and The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite a 3/5, Max Payne 3 a 2/5, Forza 4, 2/5 , Journey 2/5, Halo 4 a 1/5.

His scoring system has no rhyme or reason and he doesn't follow a consistent pattern. Just angers people with his shitty opinions.... Why he's counted on Metacritic is beyond me.

I always wandered whats up with Quarter to Three reviews. Why doesn't GAF ever talk about that?

Quarter to Three is the Armond White of video games. EDIT: I just saw he calls Saints Row IV the greatest game of all time. I wonder how GTA V will compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom