• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
So what do people think will happen with San Fierro and Las Venturas, will they be DLC or included within the next gen version?

So has anyone who's had 'Dispatching Now' on Amazon UK actually had it switch to 'Dispatched' yet?

Mines been like that since yesterday and hasn't actually dispatched yet.

Still on Dispatching Now for me, guessing it will get sent out tomorrow so should be here Monday, or Tuesday at latest.

hlhbk

I gotta be at work at 5 AM on Monday to work on something off hours. I am also planning on going to the midnight release at Gamestop Monday night. Its gonna be a long day. I took Tuesday off, but I don't know how long I will be able to stay awake playing GTA V after midnight without passing out considering I will already be awake for 19 hours at midnight. :)

mblitek

So I just got word that all day Tuesday I have to do job interviews for potential candidates. Quite literally all day because there are about 10 of them.

Ah well, at least that will make the wait for UPS a bit less of a stalker like situation.

Hire the first one! Bam, problem solved.

100%. Gonna go at 11:30 to get my shit verified at GameStop and wait the last 30-40 minutes. So worth it.

Wow only 30 minutes early? I usually go two hours early to get a good spot. Best buy is where's its at. I have gone to three other midnight releases and they went great. Can't say the same fir the GameStop next door. Poor guys lol

lem0n

I feel bad for you guys that are not sure about delivery or if you can download it on time. But on the other hand, should have not been cheap and just pre ordered at GS and been done with it. ;)

Walking outta there with my collectors edition at midnight!

LNBL

Some Game journalist in The Netherlands mentioned that Bart Smit has broken the embargo already, which is strange since they have a midnight opening on the 16th

Facism

So has anyone who's had 'Dispatching Now' on Amazon UK actually had it switch to 'Dispatched' yet?

Mines been like that since yesterday and hasn't actually dispatched yet.

still at "not yet dispatched." Will leave it till i get back tonight and cancel if they've taken no money.

Fjordson

Anyone going at midnight? Still debating if I want to go or not. I didn't take off the next day so work will be brutal...
Yep. Going to a GameStop here in San Francisco.

Not crazy about heading out at like 11 and I'm usually too lazy to buy games from somewhere other than Amazon, but I had to make an exception for GTA.

Zukuu

Banned
Omg, I accidentally clicked on the other thread. Fortunately I didn't see or read anything prior to realizing my mistake. My heart skipped a beat for a second.

Acorn

Fuuuuuuuck, I'm still processing (shopto) but the image of my package is on my account. I will praise jeebus if I get it tomorrow.

Hello, my name is Wasp and it has been 12 hours since I last visited the spoiler thread.

I keep on clicking the link than backing out immediately.

1243594993_cupcakedog-war-flashbacks.gif

Must...resist...

hlhbk

100%. Gonna go at 11:30 to get my shit verified at GameStop and wait the last 30-40 minutes. So worth it.

When I went in and reserved the Collectors Edition on Monday they told me they are doing something new where you can go in any time after 6 PM and go through the checkout process. This makes it very quick when you come back at 11:30.

Plasmid

Wow only 30 minutes early? I usually go two hours early to get a good spot. Best buy is where's its at. I have gone to three other midnight releases and they went great. Can't say the same fir the GameStop next door. Poor guys lol

My GameStop does this

1) verify you're picking up the game
2) mark your receipt and then you get in line
3) people at midnight are allowed to come in and trade their receipt for the game.

I'm never in line (even at the end) for more than 10 minutes.

I think Monday will be alright if we can read reviews- I just hope they don't spoil anything!

Until Midnight, it shall be difficult!

Yeah, I'd be cautious of that IGN review. I predict the first sentence will be something like,

"As I sit here, my heart pounding in my chest, the impact of MAJOR ENDING SPOILER rushing over me like hot fudge on a sundae, I'm convinced this is the most significant entertainment experience in the history of mankind, and even paying three times the retail price seems like I've cheated Rockstar for what they have given me"

dreamfall

Yeah, I'd be cautious of that IGN review. I predict the first sentence will be something like,

"As I sit here, my heart pounding in my chest, the impact of MAJOR ENDING SPOILER rushing over me like hot fudge on a sundae, I'm convinced this is the most significant entertainment experience in the history of mankind, and even paying three times the retail price seems like I've cheated Rockstar for what they have given me"

Bahaha, followed by more spoilers and most importantly:

11/10!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derrick01

Banned
I can't take it..I am so close to clicking on the spoiler thread.

As long as you don't click links you're mostly only going to see gifs of random gameplay.

I still think that's too much for me personally lol. I'm impressed with what little I've seen and I keep wanting to leave it at that but every couple of hours I click on the latest page to tease myself :\

bidguy

Banned
for people who bought from amazon germany :

even if it says dispatched its not :(
every order is being dispatched tommorow

jiggles

Banned
I have pre-ordered a few items via Amazon UK on 'Premium Delivery' (Special) and I've done the same as yourself- and checked- and it has said item 'on its way' a few days BEFORE release date too. For some reason or another Amazon UK stick a note on the parcel box stating a dispatch clause and a strict delivery date, i.e if the game is released Tuesday the parcel Sorting offices will HOLD the parcel and post it to you before 2PM on Tuesday. They'll have the game sitting in wait all weekend in the depot for postage Tuesday.

Well.

Fuck.

Thinking of wearing a home made GTAV shirt and my Scribblenauts pre-order bonus hat to the launch. GAF, are you wearing anything special to show your love at the midnight launch you may be attending, or to pick up your copy?

Marleyman

Banned
Thinking of wearing a home made GTAV shirt and my Scribblenauts pre-order bonus hat to the launch. GAF, are you wearing anything special to show your love at the midnight launch you may be attending, or to pick up your copy?

I will wear my Los Santos hat on the way home. Don't know what I am wearing that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom