• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Most of them by Sn4ke_911

I can confirm that is not true.

2013-09-1018_47_51-whatjce.png

Will that help? :p

Sure man it always does.

Nymphae

Banned
Gonna be good having ambient music in missions for the first time.

I can't believe it took this long for this to happen.

Also, since Vice City I've been asking for an in game MP3 player (or walkman in VC's case) that would let you listen to the soundtrack when not in a vehicle. Saints Row 4 finally has it, so I'm really hoping GTA follows suit. I mean you have a smartphone, why can I not listen to some tunes when running around? They put so much effort and money into the soundtracks/radio stations/commercials, you'd think they'd want you to hear them more.

I remember following this exact same thread for GTA IV, everyone waiting for gameplay leaks. Waiting for someone to get it early.

Eventually, late in the week, people started streaming it. Streams and YouTube links were getting shut down as quickly as they went up. It was fun.

Still remember being so impressed with an early stream, where someone was driving a convertible, and "1979" was playing, and people we so amazed that you could hear the music coming from the car when you were outside the car (since it was a convertible).

Hopefully again by late in the week, we'll see something. We'll all sit here all week, F5ing, until finally someone will start exposing stuff.

What is there to be cautious about?

I only saw the first trailer (the one after the reveal I think), so I know almost nothing about the game in terms of content and gameplay (I didn't even see the GTAOnline one).

Is the PC version going to be released on the 17th? I'm getting conflicting info when I look this up.

PC version isn't announced yet. Considering last GTA games we'll probably get a port next year around summer.

Camper182

I remember following this exact same thread for GTA IV, everyone waiting for gameplay leaks. Waiting for someone to get it early.

Eventually, late in the week, people started streaming it. Streams and YouTube links were getting shut down as quickly as they went up. It was fun.

Still remember being so impressed with an early stream, where someone was driving a convertible, and "1979" was playing, and people we so amazed that you could hear the music coming from the car when you were outside the car (since it was a convertible).

Hopefully again by late in the week, we'll see something. We'll all sit here all week, F5ing, until finally someone will start exposing stuff.

also remember it vividly, it definately was longer than 7 days before release that we started seeing gameplay leaks and stuff though

goddamnit where are the gameplay leaks for gta v ????

Gaz_RB

I've just been running from cops on a six star wanted level blasting Big Sean and The Weeknd's new albums all morning on Independence FM. Really wish they could have that on 360.

I've just been running from cops on a six star wanted level blasting Big Sean and The Weeknd's new albums all morning on Independence FM. Really wish they could have that on 360.
Nobody wants Big Sean on their radios bro

Edit:
I guess you guys are right.. The internet is never satisfied haha.

BFIB

Damn work meetings kept me from my GTA updates!

LTTP, but holy shit at the size of that map! Can't wait to scale Leonaro's shell.

AkuMifune

Banned

I think the hype for IV was way beyond this though. I think at one point we had pages of people posting in a row with the same walking avatar. It was crazy.

But internally, I'm getting there again. There's nothing quite like a new GTA. It's a monster, and this is the biggest monster yet.

If you go in expecting it to be better than GTA 4 like I am then there's nothing to be cautious about. I already know it's going to be a better game.

Hell it could be even better than San Andreas but I don't want to put that kind of pressure on it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but after GTA IV which was a good game but a bit of a let down when I compared it to San Andreas in terms of content (just my opinion) I don't wanna get my hopes too high.

dreamfall

Shit. I need to shut up.

YIPES. Me too, but the hype is too great!

Custom soundtracks would be such a welcome addition.

I had to stop playing on the PC, to adjust to the graphical fidelity on Console! Ended up revisiting Ballad on 360, just to familiarize/be amazed when we see the jump in V!

Marleyman

Banned
Yeah that's what I was thinking too but after GTA IV which was a good game but a bit of a let down when I compared it to San Andreas in terms of content (just my opinion) I don't wanna get my hopes too high.

Have you played RDR and MP3 yet? I think Rockstar stepped up their game, just from those titles, since GTA IV. They have implemented IMO the best of this gen into GTA V; I just can't see it being a disappointment.

BFIB

YIPES. Me too, but the hype is too great!

Custom soundtracks would be such a welcome addition.

I had to stop playing on the PC, to adjust to the graphical fidelity on Console! Ended up revisiting Ballad on 360, just to familiarize/be amazed when we see the jump in V!

What settings did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom