• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, although the gap seems to have closed quite a bit with Max Payne 3. So hoping it's not a hot mess like GTA 4 was on day 1.

CELL pretty much screwed with the development of GTA IV and every other single multiplatform game until developers knew how to work with it.

I'd think that by 5 years of development it will be pretty much identical.

Urrrg. I pre-ordered the 360 LE months ago as I don't want to put my ol' launch PS3 through it's paces with this game. If anything fries it, it would be a monster like GTA V.

I did happen to order a regular back up PS3 version just in case but I'm hoping not to have to do that. I just wish we had some solid info on the 360 version by now.

dreamfall

Urrrg. I pre-ordered the 360 LE months ago as I don't want to put my ol' launch PS3 through it's paces with this game. If anything fries it, it would be a monster like GTA V.

I did happen to order a regular back up PS3 version just in case but I'm hoping not to have to do that. I just wish we had some solid info on the 360 version by now.

Well IGN was playing the 360 version, so there's always that.

Which may not mean much! But there was one question about framerate during their discussion? Didn't listen to the majority of it.

I refuse to sully this amazing game by playing it on current gen. My wait will be a little longer. =(

There's a decent chance GTAV will never be released on PS4/XBone.

GTA:Online almost definitely will be released on PS4/Xbone, and it will probably have a high high def version of Los Santos. But... when? Who knows.

What sort of info are you looking for? Which just looks better? All the hands on IGN did last week was from the 360 version. They never said one was better than the other. They stated that it ran fine and looked incredible for the massive scale of everything. They have seen both versions, Rockstar demoed the game on PS3 earlier.

GTA:Online almost definitely will be released on PS4/Xbone, and it will probably have a high high def version of Los Santos. But... when? Who knows.

I think if there is eventually going to be a PC version there will also be a next-gen version since both consoles now have the x86 architecture.

SuperSah

Banned

There's no difference between then 360/PS3 version according to IGN.

Any word yet on the collectables? Pigeons, suitcases or anything like that. I do like a decent reward for my exploration.

from what we know... This is not from a leak but from interviews, but not 100% confirmed either --

No pigeons or suitcases like in the past. Collectibles will be ambient challenges similar to the "Master Hunter" challenges of RDR or the treasure hunting challenges of RDR. The example given was that a radio story might mention a mysterious unsolved murder 30 years ago that was somewhere in Blaine county... and you make note of it, and go out and investigate to find it. That could the unlock a series of other unexplained murders from a serial killer that you need to investigate, ALA treasure hunting in RDR.

It sounds awesome, but it also sounds like something different from what we're used to.

I thought it was all but assured???? And Online is a different SKU than the main game?

I know what you're trying to do, you're testing me. Well, it ain't gonna work.

Immovable stone in your world of weak
- P. Anselmo

SJRB

Gold Member

"Almost definately" based on absolutely nothing. Come on dude.

I thought it was all but assured???? And Online is a different SKU than the main game?

I know what you're trying to do, you're testing me. Well, it ain't gonna work.

Immovable stone in your world of weak
- P. Anselmo

It's not assured at all. PC release is something you should bet on, it hasn't been announced or mentioned or anything, but Rockstar has released every 3D GTA game on PC about 8 - 10 months after the console version and we wouldn't expect they'd break that.

GTAV XBone and PS4 are not assured at all.

GTA Online is included with GTAV, but it really should be thought of something separate from GTAV. It's not just a mode inside GTAV, but an entirely different experience. For now, GTAOnline uses the same map, models, etc., from GTAV -- it's all built off of GTAV -- but Rockstar (by way of a very indepth interview between Director Leslie Benzies and CVG) indicated that the scope of GTA Online is much larger than GTA V, that it will branch to different cities, reusing old content, introducing new content, and more. You can only imagine that most of that will happen on the PS4 / Xbone, because how long are they going to support the 360 and PS3? Probably not much longer than a year or two.

So, GTA Online is not a separate SKU right now. You need GTAV to play GTA Online. You get GTA Online when you have GTA V. However, in the future, when they branch to new consoles. they very well could release GTA Online as a stand alone package, without bringing the content (missions, music, story, characters, and so on) from GTA V.

Also just to add, the new cities, new missions, new stuff, added to GTA Online, you'd probably have to buy those things by way of DLC... not all of it, but the major things, sure.

Is this going to be on PC?

Not for sept 17 2013. But, arguably, it will be in the future. Every GTA release since GTAIII has been released for consoles, then announced for PC a few months later, to be released on PC about 10 months after the console version.

It's not been confirmed.

I think it will be eventually, though.

GTAIV was like, what, 6 months? And I think at the time that seemed pretty generous of Rockstar. But 5 years later I think the PC is much more of a presence in the market now, so hopefully that will help incentivize a more timely port. But who knows.

Marbles

from what we know... This is not from a leak but from interviews, but not 100% confirmed either --

It sounds awesome, but it also sounds like something different from what we're used to.

Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of that.

I loved past GTA games for the hidden collactables. Cutting through an alley or turning a corner then finding some goodies was reason enough to go on foot for the most.

I hated RDR for not having a reason to explore every nook and cranny, other than boredom or curiousity.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed...seems like a game this big would get a better OT.

Poor bucket :(

I think it's pretty good though, except for the OT name.

Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of that.

I loved past GTA games for the hidden collactables. Cutting through an alley or turning a corner then finding some goodies was reason enough to go on foot for the most.

I hated RDR for not having a reason to explore every nook and cranny, other than boredom or curiousity.

Wasn't there treasure etc. that you could find?
Seems like GTAV will be like that too.

I'm sure many have seen the official map from the Brady Guide leak. And I'm sure many don't consider it a "spoiler" considering you look at the map as soon as you boot the game or in the manual.

But it's still a spoiler.

Could we all try to please keep the very specific things of the map in the mapping thread?

I really want to stay here for discussion and hype and not be spoiled.

GTAIV was like, what, 6 months? And I think at the time that seemed pretty generous of Rockstar. But 5 years later I think the PC is much more of a presence in the market now, so hopefully that will help incentivize a more timely port. But who knows.

Currrent Gen consoles also have a much larger install base than 5 years ago, so the "PC has a bigger market now" point is not really the best argument

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Currrent Gen consoles also have a much larger install base than 5 years ago, so the "PC has a bigger market now" point is not really the best argument

I remember when R* said the game wasn't coming to PC, everyone on newswire said it was because everyone on PC is a pirate and R* wouldn't get any money if they put it on PC.

Derrick01

Banned
Agreed...seems like a game this big would get a better OT.

What's wrong with it? It was plenty informative and it fit the rules. We're not allowed to have 300 post OTs anymore and I'm glad we don't. We don't need to act as the game's PR and marketing departments.

The map looks lovely. I'd pay $60 if the game was ONLY exploring the map, with no missions or activities or anything else.

I'm not sure we've seen a game with such a high value to dollar ratio in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom